News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for macnyc

macnyc Profile Photo
Member Name: macnyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY Coming to Broadway This Summer?  Apr 26 2024, 07:14:03 PM

I’m so sorry to hear Forbidden Broadway won’t be going on as scheduled. Does that mean the Hayes will be vacant? It seems to me that the Hayes would have been perfect for Oh, Mary!, a much better match than the Lyceum. 

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 12 2024, 04:56:51 PM

I had a TDF ticket for Appropriate for the matinee on Wednesday, and my seat was in Row F of the mezzanine. The view was fine but obviously not that close to the stage. And leg room is not good up there. Still, I loved the show.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Feb 21 2024, 11:59:37 AM

Has anyone found the $59 seats that are supposed to be available for every performance in the extension, according to the email?

Edited to add: Apparently the $59 tickets are all sold out, but there's the TodayTix rush and also an in-person rush at the Lortel.

Show-Score Discontinuing Member Nights  Feb 2 2024, 09:29:44 AM

Thanks for this info, Melissa25. Like you, I used Show-Score as my online theater scrapbook. I wonder if there's any way to download it. I'll email to ask (if there's anyone still there). 

I wondered about Hell's Kitchen also, and I emailed about that. The Show-Score person said that they made the decision to just have one listing for Hell's Kitchen, encompassing both the Off Broadway and Broadway productions. I thought that was odd, but didn't pursue i

Show-Score Discontinuing Member Nights  Feb 1 2024, 07:50:39 PM

I'm very sorry about the Show-Score. (For some reason, I haven't gotten an email.) So many of the shows I've been have in the past couple of years been courtesy of the site, and I paid for the $10.99 access. That was a great value, and I'll really miss it.

Please delete  Feb 1 2024, 05:43:34 PM

I didn't realize a thread on the topic already existed. Please delete. Thank you!

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 21 2023, 11:30:08 AM

Saw the show last night from GG203 (on the side). Wonderful view. Would not hesitate to sit there again.

Everyone was in, including Denis O'Hare. He got the biggest laughs of the evening.

I think I spotted Charles Isherwood going in.

I am puzzled by people saying that a song was added at the end. I listened hard but didn't hear any singing. I believe there was underscoring.

For anyone thinking of waiting to see this on Broadway, I would sugg

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Oct 17 2023, 01:33:26 PM

Tickets are on sale now for the general public. I'm in the waiting room.

Roundabout retires Access10 discount tickets  Oct 2 2023, 05:39:22 PM

I haven't seen this announced or discussed anywhere. Apologies if I missed it! Roundabout has retired the Access10 program. I am sad because I was able to see quite a few shows over the years for $10. I guess Roundabout wants to explore different ways of reaching audiences. 

It's curtains for Access10

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Sep 13 2023, 12:16:21 PM

I think people wanting to buy now are put off by the prices.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 23 2023, 10:43:59 AM

Regarding the set or lack thereof, I recall that Straight Line Crazy had a nice set consisting of Robert Moses' office and working space for staff. I don't remember if other setting were shown. Although it didn't feel bare bones, it definitely wasn't elaborate.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 19 2023, 11:17:35 AM

Ptero2 said: "Anyone been to The Shed before? Those HH and GG seats really don't look bad for the price, so wondering if I'm missing something."

I have been in the Shed before, but I sat in Row M of the orchestra (great view, by the way). I purchased GG seats for this, and I have no idea how they will be. I figure I will take a chance! It really depends on the director and how "in the round" he wants to get. Since the side sections are small and mos

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 02:28:12 PM

I opened up a new browser window when I was in the queue, and much to my surprise I ended up with a much shorter wait time!

The site was glitchy and told me all of my dates were sold out, then I realized I wasn't signed in although I saw my name at the top of the page!

I signed in and was able to purchase for one of the dates previously "sold out."

Ticket availability seems to be good, with plenty of the cheaper seats. I selected ones on the side. 
<

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 02:05:30 PM

musikman said: "macnyc said: "My estimated wait time is more than an hour! 954 people ahead of me."

It’s going quicker. I have/had about 450 in front of me and it went from 31 to 17 minutes between 2:02 and 2:04
"

I'm glad because my wait time is going up! LOL

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 02:01:20 PM

My estimated wait time is more than an hour! 954 people ahead of me.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 01:43:48 PM

Sorry, I don't remember what I clicked on to get into the queue. Make sure you're signed in.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 01:20:32 PM

I'm in the queue, but apparently it's a random placement at 2 p.m., not first come, first served.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 18 2023, 11:07:46 AM

I hope we get some intel from the folks buying at noon! I am interested in how the various price levels play out. I'm in the 2 p.m. batch.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 17 2023, 12:56:32 PM

Plus, we have no idea how many scalpers and bots will descend like flying monkeys.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 15 2023, 12:03:19 PM

I can't believe the Shed has announced so little information thus far. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You