News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Judas

Judas Profile Photo
Member Name: Judas
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Any SHREK news from last night?
 Aug 14 2008, 06:10:19 PM
1. It's not a "strong score." The sample songs I heard were just okay, and nothing to write home about. It seems like a fairly faithful adaption of the movie - which is somewhat disappointing. It doesn't seem like they tried to be creative in their design at all a la Lion King - which is why The Lion King is still running.
re: godspell cancelled
 Aug 14 2008, 09:52:22 AM
That sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing one of my "idols" in a way - Gavin Creel - on stage.
re: One of these people may be the next bway star
 Aug 9 2008, 08:12:29 AM
Hard to base solely on looks. I don't really think Peter Parker would have a "high, rock voice" as some of the contestants have stated. He seems more like a genuine musical theater type voice to me.
re: EQUUS marquee at Broadhurst Theater by broadwaymatt!
 Aug 9 2008, 08:09:39 AM
Yes, the logo is "brilliant." But that doesn't meant they need to shove the imagine down my throat. I think It works well where it is - in the upper, higher marquee, but then, maybe do something like they did with Les Miz and just use the logo (IE: the picture of Daniel Ratcliffe, and forgo the name of the play). Sorry, I'm a visual person and I like a nice visual aesthetic, and a lot of times marquees are just overcrowded with the name of the play and aren't the prettiest things.
re: WHITE CHRISTMAS MARQUEE ALREADY UP..WOW
 Aug 9 2008, 08:07:05 AM
The colors work well for the placement of the marquee. While it's a bland marquee, the colors really pop in Times Square.
re: Fringe Festival buzz?
 Aug 7 2008, 07:26:35 PM
ha that looks so awful!
re: Patti LuPone's 'Ramblings From The Road' Latest Edition
 Aug 7 2008, 06:31:06 PM
I am so excited to finally see her performance next month!
re: Photo Flashback : Godspell at Papermill~Would the Revival look like thi
 Aug 7 2008, 06:25:34 PM
Bump
re: Godspell Broadway Artwork?
 Aug 7 2008, 06:24:49 PM
I don't like it. It reads too much like it's trying to be hip by putting in on brick and making it more "graffiti." And I can't really imagine it looking good on the marquee, but we'll see, I guess.
re: EQUUS marquee at Broadhurst Theater by broadwaymatt!
 Aug 7 2008, 06:11:56 PM
It's an ugly marquee. It's too much of the same image.
re: Favorite Set Designs
 Aug 6 2008, 05:28:22 PM
Well I guess I need to Netflix FOSSE
 Aug 6 2008, 09:44:13 AM
Bump! What exactly is the "famous" face suppose to be that is used so often in the artwork?
 Aug 6 2008, 09:42:40 AM
Can you describe the original Chicago? I like the Chicago revival, but it would be nothing without its lighting.

I'm going to try and find a review of Dude! on the NY Times website....

Aug 5 2008, 11:55:13 PM
Ah! Thanks Scott! That actually sounds more like the stuff we discussed about Eugene Lee. It's amazing to me that he was in our books for his unconventional, environmental seating, and yet look at the shows he's done recently: Wicked, The Homecoming (I'll give him that one), and The Pirate Queen. Hm... I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.
 Aug 5 2008, 11:38:12 PM
Oh, I think I've always heard runway, which makes sense because one end - or both - would have to be exits for the actors, much like a runway.
re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
 Aug 5 2008, 11:37:02 PM
It's amazing to me, how easy it is for actors to get out of contracts. I mean, she can just fly to NYC for a week to do a workshop?
 Aug 5 2008, 11:34:43 PM
Ugh! I hope not! I'm not OVER the idea of Godspell set in a junkyard. It's been done so many times. I know Broadway isn't the place to take risks, so it'll probably look the same and have the same idea, but I think they should go the opposite extreme. Maybe put it in a ballroom, or something classier? I've never quite understood the story of Godspell (I mean, I get the Bible stuff), but where exactly are these people? Does the script mention anything specifically?
 Aug 5 2008, 11:30:51 PM
I saw the London "Into the Woods" in a set design book and it was beautiful! It looked much darker, which I liked.

I really want to see Eugene Lee's design for "Dude" as well. It's the one where they made the Broadway Theater into runway seating, correct? I think we learned about it in my design class. (Runway seating is where the audience sits on either side of the stage, but not around it.

Example:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAudiencexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <

re: Ticket line for Shakespeare in the Park - HAIR
 Aug 5 2008, 06:25:09 PM
His performance at the "preview" concert on the FORBIDDEN SITE is awful. I'll wait till Hanke is in the show. I prefer him anyways - better voice.
 Aug 5 2008, 05:50:07 PM
I love the Blackbird design! Where is the Edge Theater? I really like the look of their productions.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You