News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NoDayButToday2

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
Member Name: NoDayButToday2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: But it's not my fault! It's hard for people born after 1960 to be
idealistic or original. We know what happens to ideals. They're
assassinated or corrupted or co-opted. It's 1990 for God's sake. It is not an exciting period. It is not a period of ferment. It's fucking stodgy is what it is -- conservative, complacent, obtuse
and unimaginative. Or, to put it another way: George Bush is president of the United States. -Tick Tick BOOM

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: In the Heights translation?  Jun 27 2008, 08:28:37 PM
Thanks Jay for going into such detail with your translations! I have no Spanish training whatsoever (I studied Latin through high school and Italian in college) so I've been going by the context of the songs to figure things out, but it's neat to see the logic behind how the words fit together. I appreciate how much effort you're putting into this!
re: i need a rent partner  Oct 22 2004, 10:32:56 PM
Hmmmm how do you accidentally flame someone? I guess that doesn't really matter...
re: i need a rent partner  Oct 22 2004, 09:49:58 PM
I know you were in a way being sarcastic, but just wanted to clarify I left the site before things got as ugly as they are today, but I know what you're talking about
re: i need a rent partner  Oct 22 2004, 09:43:45 PM
Nononono DON'T go to compulsivebowlers. That site is not what it used to be. Those people don't deserve to call themselves RENTheads (Except for the BWW people, who have proven that they indeed have brain cells and can speak intelligently about a musical). Say one word and they all bite your head off. You can be a RENThead just by saying you are one. If you are truly passionate about the music, the show, the composer, and at some point in time it's performers, then you can call yourself a RENThe
re: i need a rent partner  Oct 22 2004, 07:46:34 PM
We do our best
re: i need a rent partner  Oct 22 2004, 07:20:11 PM
Ya ive seen hur 4 timez alreddy
re: i need a rent partner  Oct 22 2004, 07:11:31 PM
No no you've got it all wrong. The one that plays the Bag Lady is Elphaba, Did you not hear? Idina was demoted to Nessarose ages ago, and she's actually leaving the show tomorrow. Better get tickets fast!
re: Rent on the Broadway documentary  Oct 22 2004, 06:40:30 PM
'Hun, you're not nearly as annoying as some of the newer poster on Compulsive Bowlers. Talk about crazed fan girls. Oy. (Do you go on there?)'

I used to. Now it's basically over run with girls saying '_____ is so hot' and 'Wait who is this Jonathan Larson you speak of?' the site crashes every other minute, plus I found BWW I lurk there every once and a while to see if maybe its canged at all but no such luck yet...

re: Rent on the Broadway documentary  Oct 22 2004, 06:22:45 PM
'NoDay, you Rent fangirl you. '

I do what I can...

Haha I really don't think anyone takes my opinions on Rent related issues seriously anymore... I really try not to sound too obsessive/defensive! Really I do! Sorry to anyone whose posts I jumped all over... When it comes to Rent I sort of just say what I'm thinking before realizing how annoying I must sound to other posters... Thanks everyone for putting up with me re: Rent on the Broadway documentary  Oct 22 2004, 05:26:41 PM
'I for one am happy to at least know that a good Documentary has been done and there some things in it that a lot of people, who think that Broadway began with RENT, can learn. '

Not sure if I'm included in the mentioned group of people, but I would like to say that I do not think Broadway started with Rent. It didn't even start the string of rock-oriented musicals. For the record, that documentary didn't tell me much about the older musicals that I didn't already know, and I really hat

re: Rent on the Broadway documentary  Oct 21 2004, 11:32:15 PM
I think there should have been less about Wicked and more about the older shows. Don't get me wrong I love it but I love other shows too, and they used about twice as much time on wicked as they did with the other shows and it's still so new! Was pleased with the Cabaret section though Would've been cool to see Avenue Q on there, Les Miserables deserved more time, as did a lot of other shows. They should've made a part 3...
re: tick, tick...BOOM!  Oct 21 2004, 08:55:16 PM
Hmmm was Superbia ever recorded? Or is there a libretto online that I could read? Just wondering... I know it wasn't all that successful but I am still interested in learning more about it
re: Showstoppers  Oct 21 2004, 08:53:08 PM
gravity87- "No Day but Today" is not the name of a songbut I think I know what you are gettig at though
Flaws  Oct 21 2004, 07:33:17 PM
After enduring years of vocal technique training and studying etc, when I'm listening to cast recordings I can't help but notice what people are doing wrong. Examples:
Daphne says 'withou.. chew...' instead of 'Without you...'

Anyone else get caught up on tiny details like that? I want to stop but I can't help it!

re: What is the most annyoing song.....  Oct 21 2004, 06:48:23 PM
I second "Bobby Baby" ::Shudders::
"Little Known Facts" from YAGMCB also annoys me beyond all reason...

I know I'll think of more later...

re: Another Rent Movie Casting thread  Oct 21 2004, 06:02:29 PM
Mark- Geeky and shy, yet somewhat cute and lovable
Roger- To me it would be a plus if the actor is or once was a struggling artist. There are some aspects of Roger that are really hard to convey onstage unless you've 'been there, done that'
Mimi- is overall a better character if sexy/young, and totally comfortable with her body.
Maureen- Major diva. Just totally out there with a huge stage presence.
Angel- Every aspect of the way Angel talks and moves around needs to just screa

re: male duets  Oct 20 2004, 09:52:19 PM
Agony- Into the Woods
What You Own- Rent
I'll Cover You- Rent
No More- Tick Tick Boom
Real Life- Tick Tick Boom
Mushnik & Son- Little Shop of Horrors
We Can Do it- The Producers
Where Did We Go Right- The Producers
I've heard some nice adaptation of 'Bring Him Home' from Les Miserables

Not really sure of your voice parts or what kind of song you were looking for so that will have to do

re: Just something I feel needs to be said  Oct 20 2004, 07:44:04 PM
I totally agree with you! Don't forget ensemble members and swings! Ooh yea and the producers, sound/lighting directors, and orchestra members! Go us
re: Best Character Entrance?  Oct 19 2004, 11:04:22 PM
Oh yea forgot about Maureen I can't see how she could draw more attention to her entrance than riding in on a motercycle completely cutting off the song...
re: Broadway walk of fame.  Oct 19 2004, 10:53:09 PM
Julie Andrews
Jonathan Larson
Stephen Schwartz
Andrew Loyd Webber
Ethel Merman
Barbra Streisand
Chita Rivera
Patti LuPone

I'll think of more later...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You