Broadway walk of fame.

B.B. Wolf
#0Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:14pm

I'm not supposed to say anything becuase they're still working out the specifics of the deal, but in an undisclosed location VERY close to Times Square (one might even consider it still IN Times Square Broadway walk of fame. ) they are planning on building a Broadway walk of fame a la the Hollywood walk of fame in LA. What would be your pick? Remember, this is THE walk of fame. Idina's still TOO YOUNG, girls. Broadway walk of fame.

Word. Word, indeed.

broadwayguy2
#1re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:15pm

**fauz temper tantrum** NO Cheno and Idina?!? Thaen it can't be awalk of fame!

Plum
#2re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:16pm

Must. Not. Snark.

Oh, and if Sondheim isn't on there I'm breaking something. Updated On: 10/19/04 at 05:16 PM

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#3re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:17pm

hmmm
depite popular opinion, carol channing would be destined to be on it. bernadette, carol burnett.

maybe kristin someday?! re: Broadway walk of fame.

B.B. Wolf
#4re: Broadway walk of fame.

I think we can all say with impunity that Sondheim is a lock. re: Broadway walk of fame.

Word. Word, indeed.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#5re: Broadway walk of fame.

I would have to say......John Raitt, Bea Arthur, Chita Rivera, Bob Fosse, Jerome Robbins, Berstein, Sondheim, Webber, Gershwins, Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, etc.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

B.B. Wolf
#6re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:18pm

good ones, spider.

Word. Word, indeed.

xluckystar2107x
#7re: Broadway walk of fame.

jerome kern also...cant forget

Plum
#8re: Broadway walk of fame.

Ethel Merman, of course. Kander and Ebb. Harold Prince. Michael Bennett. Updated On: 10/19/04 at 05:18 PM

B.B. Wolf
#9re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:19pm

good call on the two Jeromes.

Word. Word, indeed.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#10re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:20pm

No one has mentioned Rogers and Hammerstein yet???

And how about genius and fink Elia Kazan?

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

Plum
#11re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:21pm

Lorenz Hart.

B.B. Wolf
#12re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:24pm

So how do you guys feel about the IDEA of a walk of fame? Necessary? Unnecessary? Respectful? Copycat-ish?

Word. Word, indeed.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#13re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:26pm

well, I said "etc" re: Broadway walk of fame.. Um.....how about Gwen Verdon, Angela Lansbury, Tim Rice, Julie Andrews, Kern, and so on

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

xluckystar2107x
#14re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:26pm

overdue.

Plum
#15re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:27pm

Not really necessary. I'm even sure I like it all that much- like we need another reason for people to block the sidewalks. But hey, it'll be more accessible than the other places dedicated to the greats of Broadway. (Hall of Fame, restaurants with portraits, etc.)

B.B. Wolf
#16re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:28pm

Yes, Plum. It will be VERY accessible. re: Broadway walk of fame. Any other reasons why you don't like the idea?

Word. Word, indeed.

Plum
#17re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:29pm

Really, it's the sidewalk-blocking thing that gets to me. I'm a brisk walker, and going around the theater district drives me nuts sometimes. Yes, there are bright lights. Move on, folks. :P

B.B. Wolf
#18re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:33pm

Well, it won't be blocking the sidewalks, per se. It's kind of off to the side. In its own area.

Word. Word, indeed.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#19re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:34pm

Wasn't the original idea for the walk of fame supposed to be in the little ally in the Marriott Marquis? The ally with the photos of Joel grey as the Emcee, pictures of Hello Dolly, and others. I could also see this walk of fame there or in the shubert ally.

Anyways i would put Julie Andrews, Sondheim, ALW, Cameron Mackintosh, Joel Grey, and some others i cant think of right now.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

B.B. Wolf
#20re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:36pm

Chinkie, you know too much. I shall have to kill you. re: Broadway walk of fame.

Word. Word, indeed.

Spooky
#21re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:39pm

Robbins, Kander & Ebb, bernstein,Ziegfeld
maybe anyone who doesn't have a theatre named after them?

there's too many

Plum
#22re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:55pm

Oh, that's an okay place. Though sometimes I liked to sit at the Starbucks there while waiting to lose the Avenue Q lottery.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#23re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:16pm

Mary Martin!!

Rosie O' Donnell (not for her acting, but for her support and promotion).

John Lithgow

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#24re: Broadway walk of fame.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:27pm

How about non musical actors and actresses: Julie Haris, Jessica Tandy, Hume Cronyn, Jason Robards, Collen Dewhurst, Helen Hayes, Uta Hagen among others.

Videos