News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThatTheatreKid.

ThatTheatreKid. Profile Photo
Member Name: ThatTheatreKid.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Help With A Southern Drawl
 Feb 19 2009, 05:16:48 PM
Oh, sorry.
I'm supposed to be from Georgia.

Help With A Southern Drawl
 Feb 19 2009, 04:56:04 PM
I have been cast as Mrs.Beauregarde in Willy Wonka Jr. and I have been asked to put on a southern accent. I don't know how to do one without sounding over- exaggerated and fake. I'm hoping someone can help me by telling me the right pronounciation, or if someone even knew a text-to-speech thing with accents, that would be great. Thankies.
re: Broadway phrases you use in everyday life
 Sep 21 2008, 01:50:08 AM
"Krup You" - West Side Story - Officer Krupke
"Esa pregunta es tricky" - 96000 - In The Heights

As a good conversation starter I usually ask either "Will you join in our crusade?" or "Do you hear the people sing?" and see what they say. : )

When one of my friends is giving themselves a hard time I always say the thing about "Why is it that if some dude walked up to me on the subway platform
and said these things, I’d think he was a mentally ill asshole,
b

re: Funny Unplanned Things in a show
 Sep 21 2008, 01:23:43 AM
Another Wizard of Oz blooper that happened in the production I was in was that when we were dancing to "Jitterbug", the Scarecrow was supposed to fall back and have the Lion catch him, but the Lion wasn't ready and the Scarecrow fell to the floor in the middle of the dance with a large THUD. They covered it up really well and nobody in the audience seemed to notice it wasn't supposed to happen.

re: Most Powerful Broadway Love Song
 Sep 14 2008, 06:23:16 PM
In My Life - Les Miserables
Not While I'm Around - Sweeney Todd
Younger than Springtime - South Pacific

re: Anne Of Green Gables Question
 Sep 7 2008, 11:34:50 PM
It's not 11:30pm where I am. It's 8:30.
And I actually just found out about it.
They were supposed to surprise us with that song, but I found out from a friend that it was the song we had to sing.

Anne Of Green Gables Question
 Sep 7 2008, 11:29:39 PM
Does anyone know where to listen to the song "Kindred Spirits" from Anne Of Green Gables?
I need to know this song for an audition tomorrow.

re: Scariest moments in a show...
 Sep 1 2008, 12:19:36 AM
The pillowman - act one

It wasn't the actual play that scared me (Although it made me get pretty creeped out) , but while I was watching it (on the internet) a picture fell off the wall in another room and there was a loud crash and that's what really scared me.

I also am starting to have an irrational fear of pillows... thanks alot Martin McDonagh.

re: Emcee (Master Of Ceremonies) Costume Advice
 Aug 31 2008, 01:34:21 AM
Oh and I shuld probably throw in this tasty tidbit of information as well.

I'm a girl. Oh the joys of gender bending!

Emcee (Master Of Ceremonies) Costume Advice
 Aug 31 2008, 01:27:29 AM
What I have :

facepaint
white shirt
black vest
black pants
bowler hat (although it looks more like a top hat)
bowtie.

any tips?

Especially in the makeup area, I'm kind of lost. I have the general idea it just won't turn out right. I'm also having trouble deciding inbetween bright red, or black lipstick.

In The Heights Coincidence
 Aug 30 2008, 04:04:58 PM
I am terrifed that In The Heights controls the electricity in my neighborhood..I was listeing to "Blackout" and right after they said "Blackout, Blackout! Oh No!"
My power went out.
Spooky stuff.

Know Any Broadway Songs About Missing Someone?
 Aug 26 2008, 10:38:14 PM
The name pretty much explains it, list them here please.
re: Thoughts inspired by 'The Music Man'
 Aug 26 2008, 03:53:18 PM
"Have these people never encountered the opening number of 'The Music Man'?"

Don't forgot the witch rapping in "Into The Woods".
(Greens, Greens)

re: Patti Lupone
 Aug 24 2008, 10:23:45 PM
I know lots of people that have heard of her, but they aren't theatre people.

Aug 24 2008, 07:49:49 PM
She is famous, for one.
and for two, thats why I said you don't hear about many broadway stars going downhill. I was hinting at what you were saying, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Aug 24 2008, 07:02:29 PM
Replying to BigFatBlonde,

It seems like everytime you turn on the T.V. or walk by a newspaper or magazine, it's chalk full of stories and pictures of could-have-been role models that have gone downhill. But Patti always manages to keep herself on track. She is my role model because of how she presents herself on stage,how she has worked so hard to get where she is and that she has her own way of doing things.

But I do have to say that you don't hear about many broadway stars

Aug 23 2008, 12:59:20 AM
that's a shame.
Patti Lupone
 Aug 23 2008, 12:53:28 AM
Patti is my role model.
but lately I've been hearing that she isn't actually that nice of a person in real life. Does anyone know if those statements about her are true?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You