News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ssecnirpc

Member Name: ssecnirpc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 May 17 2020, 06:19:33 PM
Grey Gardens was just awful. I heard Christine Ebersole made it, but we saw her understudy. It was SOOOO boring and made no sense to me. I never understood what people raved about.
Aladdin or Frozen
 Jan 20 2020, 07:50:10 PM
I saw both in the same weekend. Frozen was far better, in my opinion. Aladdin was completely underwhelming (though the lead was new). I felt no chemistry between Aladdin and Jasmine and I wasn’t really rooting for them. Frozen was more beautiful and fun.
Rush tickets are not affordable anymore
 Dec 14 2016, 10:07:29 PM

dramamama611 said: "If they just reduced the cost of all their unsold seats, people would stop buying tickets at full price and simply wait for them to be reduced.   

Comparing b'way to a hockey stadium doesn't make sense: Tampa Bay has 20K seats each game.  They can sell MANY fewer seats, and many fewer seats at a discount and still break even/make money.   A bway house averages what? Half of that?  

"

Going to theatre alone?
 Mar 21 2016, 10:30:52 PM

A little bit of both! I love making a day out of it with my mom but I also just love seeing shows and I live a lot closer to the city than she does. I enter almost all of the digital lotteries daily, if it's an 8:00 show I'll put in for 2 tickets, if it's a 7:00 show I'll put in for 1 (that extra hour makes finding a buddy easier). Typically for plays I put in for 1 ticket, as I know I'm much more likely to get a friend to come with me to a musical. If you really forc

Does anyone else miss the real lotteries?
 Mar 11 2016, 11:30:55 PM

musicaltheatreman2 said: "what shows have online lotteries?"

I believe most are listed here: http://broadwayforbrokepeople.com. It's a table format, so a bit easier to read than some sites.

Hamilton Curtain Call question
 Feb 28 2016, 02:54:46 PM

mpkie said: "...Heck, I've been scolded by ushers for taking a photo of a plain curtain before a show so I can remember if a seat had a good/bad view for when I end up in that theater again. I thought their towards in that particular instance was a bit extreme. Some theaters have a blatant policy for no pictures in the theater of anything at anytime, others not so blatant."

I'm glad you brought this up. Am I allowed to take photos of my Playbill in front of a

An American In Paris question
 Feb 27 2016, 01:15:17 PM

I thought Robert Fairchild was great, I was actually impressed with his acting (maybe because I knew his roots were in dance?). I knew little about the show or his background, just happened to win lottery tickets on my first try. I think it's worth seeing before he's gone.

Favourite pre-theatre Times Square restaurant?
 Feb 27 2016, 12:59:46 PM

My mom and I always do Carmine's. It's family style, so the portions are huge, but we just order a "side dish" of eggplant parm and split it. Typically we sit in the bar area and it's never taken more than 5-10 mins to get a seat in there (we've done this 20+ times). 

Just our little Broadway tradition! 

Today Tix Lottery
 Jan 17 2016, 05:15:48 PM

I actually just won a single ticket today! I've been entering for about 6 months 3-4 times a week and finally won for the first time today. Typically if it's for a 7PM show I go in for one ticket, an 8PM show I'll go in for in for two. So either I'm unlucky by never winning with 2 tickets or it's just really hard to win on TodayTix. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You