News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DooWahDiddy

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
Member Name: DooWahDiddy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.brandonsturiale.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Worst Pet Peeves in Community Theater  Jul 14 2023, 01:40:21 PM

The actors' tendency to change a word or two--on purpose--just because it's the last performance of the run. Like, just stick with the script, Betty.

Reusing Souvenir Cups  Jul 12 2023, 04:42:14 PM

Phantom4ever said: "I'm curious if anyone reuses them at home? I know you're not supposed to re-use plastic water bottles, but I have, on occasion, used a souvenir Broadway cup at home, put it through the dishwasher, etc. I have no idea if it is safe for repeated use like that though."

I own a merchandising company that sells those same cups. I'm not sure which exact one you have, but if it's like this one, yes, they are dishwasher safe. That doesn't necessarily mean the logo might not eventually start to fade, but they are safe in the sense that it's not detrimental to your health or anything. PN-10 10 ounce ultra-clear rocks tumbler with a snap-on swivel lid featuring Broadway example artwork

Symphonic version of RENT in concert in Washington DC  Jun 30 2023, 04:05:08 PM

Also, the website says they're performing the complete score, but the runtime is only 1 hour 43 minutes with intermission. That can't be right, can't it?

Symphonic version of RENT in concert in Washington DC  Jun 29 2023, 04:06:07 PM

Fan123 said: "Okay, I wish I could see Ali Stroker in this!

More casting:

Alex Boniello - Roger

Andrew Barth Feldman - Mark
"

Ha, I music directed Alex in Rent at his college, but he was Mark. Good for him!

AMADEUS Revival with Anthony Ramos  Jun 5 2023, 02:19:01 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "He's the lead in the newTransformers, which comes out on Friday. It's his highest-profile gig so far."

Cool, so hopefully he can piggyback off that and the movie he just shot will keep making his stock rise in 2024. I actually had to sign an NDA as an extra, so I can't say what it is. I don't know how hard it would be to find out, though, lol.

AMADEUS Revival with Anthony Ramos  Jun 5 2023, 01:44:35 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Ramos is also not really a “name” actor..."

You're right about that, but hopefully that will change soon. I just worked as an extra in a film he was shooting (I was right next to him!), and it's a big one. It comes out next year, so maybe by the time this happens he'll be better-known?

Patti Lupone Sheet Music?  Mar 8 2023, 12:30:57 PM

It sounds like she's doing it just a half-step lower, so you should have no trouble transposing it online at one of the aforementioned websites.

Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6  Feb 2 2023, 12:03:01 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: ""(of which I have no idea, to be honest)"

Baranski spent her childhood doing musical theatre, graduated from Juilliard, won 2 Tonys, and has played prominent roles in many stage musicals (including Nick & Nora, the title role in Mame, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney, Charlotte in ALNM, Carlotta in Follies). She has as much musical theatre cred as people who do it for a living.
"

That's awesome! I still stand

Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6  Feb 1 2023, 11:06:56 PM

Impeach2017 said: "nice to know that she's "eager to learn""

I guess you're being sarcastic, but yeah, I said exactly what I meant. Film actors/actresses aren't like theatre people, regardless of how much experience she may have on stage (of which I have no idea, to be honest). So no, picking up a piece of sheet music and sight-reading her way through it was not exactly her method (nor was it the top priority, it being film and all). But her eag

Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6  Feb 1 2023, 12:41:11 PM

I helped teach her her songs for the second Mamma Mia movie, and she was a delight! Very sweet and eager to learn.

Video games on the theatre stage  Nov 23 2022, 11:48:19 PM

darquegk said: "Oh! Are we talking Claudio Quest? I was thinking this was an industry development of an official Mario project."

No, never heard of that one. This used all the characters from the Mario Bros. franchise, but (to my knowledge) was not sanctioned by Nintendo. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression! It was a cute show, and the presentation had a future Tony award winner in it; I just don't know how much progress you can make when you're up against s

Video games on the theatre stage  Nov 23 2022, 03:57:11 PM

darquegk said: "Wow! Was it any good?"

It was cute! My feeling (i.e. complete conjecture on my part) is that he (the composer) probably had trouble going further with it because of copyright issues. Nintendo is notoriously strict about their property, and the show used names like Mario, Luigi, etc, and even threw in musical quotes from the original game into the score. Good for a laugh during the show, probably not good for avoiding a cease-and-desist letter. Again,

Video games on the theatre stage  Nov 23 2022, 01:17:18 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "I'm surprised we've never gotten a Mario musical"

I assistant music directed one, a few years ago. It was a one-day private reading for investors, and had some pretty big names in it. But after that it kind of fell off the radar, and I haven't heard anything about it since. 

Maltby & Shire revue  Nov 22 2022, 12:51:26 PM

Imagine my surprise last night when some cable station was showing Howard the Duck, that fever-dream movie that everybody loves to hate, and I thought "Wow, Howard sounds just like Mister Bungee". I had no idea he was voiced by Chip Zien! Was this common knowledge that I somehow missed?

cd's vs streaming  Aug 12 2022, 02:21:39 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "chewy5000 said: "

I believe I read somewhere that Spotify pays $0.003 and $0.005per stream of an individual track.
"

It's actually worse than that, if you can believe it, lol. It's around $0.0003 a stream (another zero after the decimal). I had 422 plays on Spotify alone in July and made $0.09. laugh

Happy 7th Anniversary, HAMILTON!  Aug 5 2022, 05:31:39 PM

binau said: "Would be curious to know if anyone think it has aged at all by any measure (eg musical style, subject matter, social themes/context etc) or if it’s still considered ‘perfect’."

Didn't it get some backlash relatively recently because of the way it glossed over the issue of slavery? I'm not saying it was right or wrong (surprisingly, I don't know the show well enough to make that decision); I just remember hearing about it, to

"I miss the big overtures !"  Jul 26 2022, 12:59:41 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "CATS is from the 80s and “Memory” isn’t in the Overture. The Overture is the running theme music used throughout the show - no songs from the show are in it."

That's not what I was saying. I know Cats is from the '80s, lol. I said "If you saw Cats in the '90s you already knew "Memory"..." Meaning you went into the show already knowing some of the songs because it had been around for a while.

"I miss the big overtures !"  Jul 26 2022, 11:48:39 AM

Alexander Lamar said: "Most shows still have exit music, don’t they?"

Yeah, I'm not sure what she's talking about in regards to the exit music. The only time I've ever done a show without exit music is when it's a conscious decision by the writers, in order to maybe let the final moment sink in or something. I can't think of any right now, but I know there are shows that don't even have bow music, for the same reason.

As for overt

GREEN GALLY ROSE - New Musical  Jul 21 2022, 03:33:36 PM

You'll forgive me, but it sounds like you're rather green in this industry. So some of what I say might be hard to hear, but I'm only trying to help.

"Green Gally Rose is a full production and I think too ambitious for an indie group. It’s primarily female driven."

I'm not sure I understand this. Why is it too ambitious? Because it's female driven? What difference does that make? Listen, if your show is any good it will work just as w

Funny Girl -Second Standby going on-  Jul 8 2022, 12:18:10 AM

Melissa25 said: "Ok…so what’s a “put in”?"

A rehearsal. Ephie is a fantastic performer and just a wonderful human. I had the pleasure of working with her on the national tour of Waitress. I hope she gets to go on and I wish her the best!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You