News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ljay889

ljay889 Profile Photo
Member Name: ljay889
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love Sondheim

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next Sondheim?  May 4 2024, 12:28:35 PM

Oracle said Lane is Comptroller Schub, which is being expanded. 

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 01:47:22 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "Two things are true at the same time:

1. Jonathan Tunick is an incredible orchestrator.

2. Awarding him a Tony in 2024 for Orchestrations he wrote in 1994 is categorically insane.
"

Those are not the same orchestrations. Listen to the recordings. Actually, every time he’s orchestrated Merrily, it’s been different. 

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 30 2024, 11:04:52 AM

Why are people still fantasizing about another composer adding new material? It’s been produced, the show is final. Sondheim knew this would be the final version of the musical. For there to be additions not done by Sondheim would be the epitome of disrespect. 

I’m totally fine with the final version where the singing stops. The interludes and underscoring are stunning. I would’ve liked a reprise of the “The Road” theme in the finale, but I&r

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 26 2024, 01:31:19 PM

It sounds wonderful!

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 26 2024, 01:30:31 PM
I
CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 09:45:36 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Recency bias will likely push this production past Merrilyin most of their eligiblecategories."

Boy, were you premature with this, lol 

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 20 2024, 12:23:02 PM

Not New York, but the Papermill production used "Ah, But Underneath."

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 5 2024, 01:11:07 PM

So excited!

Next Sondheim?  Mar 29 2024, 10:27:52 AM

The8re phan said: "I'd prefera Carolee Carmello Cora"

I thought of Carmello as well. The role needs a brassy singer. Even someone like Kahn sounded bland singing the role.

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 26 2024, 10:31:23 AM

Jesse St. James said: "Kad said: "Jesse St. James said: "and it already has transfer plans.probably not with all of the same castbut it’s already buzzing."

Yeah, you're the one who said it was happening with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. Are you trying to race Broadway Flash to the bottom of the credibility barrel?
"

I was joking about the cast. Tunick'snew arrangement is transferring to broadway though.

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 25 2024, 11:19:04 PM

Jesse St. James said: "and it already has transfer plans.probably not with all of the same castbut it’s already buzzing."

Buzzing where, exactly? 

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT  Mar 25 2024, 11:16:06 AM

This all seems very strange. 

Sunday in the Park with George at The Axelrod Performing Arts Center  Mar 24 2024, 12:29:02 AM

Love, that is not Community Theater if it starred Kate Baldwin and was directed by Hunter Foster. 

Next Sondheim?  Mar 22 2024, 12:32:02 PM

TotallyEffed said: "somecheapfrenchthing said: "Yes!Someone please give those of us who saw the most recent Carnegie Hall productiona corrective Anyone Can Whistle experience. Vanessa Williams as Cora was one of the worst performances I have ever seen. Lifeless. Even Santino Fontana & Elizabeth Stanley's excellent work couldn't save it. The Mastervoices Frogs was a huge improvement."

I don't understand why people keep letting

Next Sondheim?  Mar 21 2024, 11:50:56 PM

HenryTDobson said: "ljay889 said: "Noneof those ladiesneed to wait 15 years :-)

Sally and Phyllis are 49.
"

Oh interesting! I always think of those roles as much older but you're definitely right - my lineup of ladies are of the correct age (regardless that they look much younger)
"

Yep! Headley would be an amazing Phyllis. I had thought of that before as well. 

Next Sondheim?  Mar 21 2024, 11:23:30 PM

None of those ladies need to wait 15 years :-)

Sally and Phyllis are 49. 

Next Sondheim?  Mar 21 2024, 11:06:33 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Would love nothing more than for Lincoln Center to do A Little Night Music with a Star-Studded Cast! Could we bring Hannah Waddingham back to Broadway in this?"

Now that Waddingham is worldwide star, I can’t imagine repeating a role she played to great acclaim 15 years ago would be a wise career choice for her. 

I DO feel a lavish Night Music will be coming in the near future. It just feels like the right timing. I al

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 18 2024, 11:29:56 PM

While Clarke delivers a heartbreaking "Not a Day Goes By" - Beth is a bland and underwritten character. Gussie is a larger/more developed role, but an unlikeable character. I would be surprised if either get in, although I enjoyed both of their portrayals. 

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Mar 15 2024, 10:47:38 PM

ScottK said: "I'd love to know why the lyrics are "dreadful"/"pedestrian." I actually think they're quite clever and fun--esp at the top of the song. It's VERY Wicked-ish but without the Harburg-ian word extensions of made up words to make rhymes. Yes, its tough cause he's stuck with "dreams" and "wishes" to make couplets. But nothing was clunky. What modern scores (5 yrs or less---written by the "new" generation)have

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Mar 15 2024, 06:51:44 PM

Those lyrics are dreadful.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You