News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for boonanas

Member Name: boonanas
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GREY HOUSE Previews  Jun 4 2023, 08:23:16 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "But didn’t she come back and do a show before missing again?"

If this is true then it makes my theory all the more possible. I know that they extended the embargo so that people may see her but it didn't sound like she ever actually went on again.

GREY HOUSE Previews  Jun 4 2023, 07:04:28 PM

I've seen this with the Understudy on but I desperately want to see again with Tatiana in, but I have this feeling that she might be out of the show for good... I'm probably a dumb person for thinking that but sick for 2 weeks???  Missing opening night???

GREY HOUSE Previews  May 29 2023, 07:43:56 AM

Fordham2015 said: "I was at today's matinee. I agree with many of the theories referenced above, but for me the two big jump scares 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
both involved the Ancient One, first when she appeared above Paul Sparks at the refrigerator and then the couch effect with her a
The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Musical  Mar 6 2023, 07:18:51 PM

Voter said: "I am so confused. Is The Last Match coming to Broadway?

What is happening on April 24?
"

There's no way this thing comes to Broadway unless there's big names attached.  I saw it and it is NOT Broadway ready, and I doubt it will be.

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 6 2023, 09:38:13 AM

BJR said: "It's worth noting the original didn't use that much blood.

I imagine because in the years since, with plays by the likes of Martin McDonagh, folks have seen buckets of blood onstage. And so, they expect it here.

From experience, I can say the piece isn't built to have buckets, as locations change and characters move quickly. One of McDonagh's tricks in his bloodiest plays is to let the blood accumulate on the set and characters. That w

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting  Mar 6 2023, 07:48:35 AM

Saw this on Sunday's matinee.  It was good, not great.  I hate to say this, while he will definitely sell tickets during his run, Groban is the worst part about this.  He just doesn't look the part and can sing the big moments, but he's not angry enough in a lot of the parts it requires it.  Just the promo photo outside alone tells you how miscast he is.  Everyone else I thought, was great, even Mr. Fisher.  Also, there's not enough blood.  F

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Feb 23 2023, 09:16:21 AM

Saw it yesterday via Lottery Seats (Row BB Orchestra Left) and wow what a show.  Enjoyed it thoroughly, its such a weird interesting little show.  I've got to see Funny Girl (with Lea), Some Like It Hot, and Music Man within the past several months and this has been my favorite.   Also, view from those seats are great (but I'm also on the taller side).

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Nov 30 2022, 01:37:45 PM

One ticket popped up for tomorrow's show about an hour ago.  It was gone shortly afterwards.  (This is just an FYI to those trying)

MIKE BIRBIGLIA: THE OLD MAN & THE POOL Previews  Oct 31 2022, 12:31:03 PM

I saw this yesterday at the matinee.  I've seen all of Mike's shows (Sleepwalk with Me and Thank God for Jokes @ Redgrave Theater, New One @ Cherry Lane, My Girlfriend's Boyfriend @ Cherry Lane), and I might rank this at the top.  For me, Birbiglia isn't someone I laugh raucously at, but I do enjoy his storytelling with an occasional chuckle.  This one had a lot of laughs for me, especially the last half.  I particularly enjoyed it because several of the st

2-for-1 BROADWAY WEEK (Sept 6-25, 2022)  Aug 11 2022, 01:18:44 PM

uncageg said: "Robbie2 said: "quizking101 said: "BROADWAY WEEK 2-for-1 tickets are on sale soon with participating shows to be announced on Tuesday August 16th.

https://www.nycgo.com/broadway-week

HOWEVER, A STRANGE LOOP is already on presale, with Balcony seats for most performances as low as $33/ticket

https://m.telechargeoffers.com/mobile/eventoverview.aspx?ProductId=13658&AID=BWY001365800&MC=BWMC
"

ASL is desperate as nobody is interested in seeing this vulgar -preachy musical. Simpy too raw and raunchy. When tourists ask what's about they politely then say: No Thanks! It won't find an audience and the box office is slowly showing that weekly in the grosses. I doubt it will be around by spring '23!
"

"Nobody"? So who are all of those people who have been going to see the show? The tourists you talk to are not every tourist that comes into the city. There are a lot of tourists seeing this show. Because you, evidently, do not like the show, don't project your dislike onto or speak for others. I have spoken to tourists who had this show as number one on their list to see. I have even described the show to out of towners and their response as been "Well, that sounds interesting. We should see it". You evidently didn't talk to them. And you are not the only person who speaks to tourists.

"

I liked the show but cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone I know.  There are tons of other shows with more mass appeal than ASL

Weezer SZNS at the Broadway Theatre 9/13-9/18  Aug 11 2022, 01:16:10 PM

I saw them a couple of years ago at both Jones Beach and PNC Bank Arts Center, both times with free tickets, and the shows were at most 25% full.  Was this a vanity project by Rivers Cuomo?  Even as a Weezer fan myself, I wouldn't shell out the cash to see them on Broadway, nevertheless Broadway prices.  Maybe RUSH prices...

Unpleasant theater audiences  Aug 4 2022, 02:13:52 PM

I've been avoiding seeing Cursed Child a second time (saw it first when it was two separate shows)because of the stories of the bad audience members.  The first time I saw it, audience was largely respectful, probably because of the amount of time needed to be invested into the show.

Stage dooring returns?  Aug 3 2022, 07:49:19 PM

POTUS stage door people act like no one is going to stage door, then Lea Delaria comes out and does selfies with everyone, as well as engaging and talking to anyone who wants to.  Vanessa Williams does masked photos with whoever asks, as well as Julie White.  Rachel Dratch bolts off.  Julianne Hough does photos with whoever asks. The "theater" of no stage dooring allowed is just theater, as the actors do whatever they feel safe doing.

Tickets I cannot use  Jun 20 2022, 06:50:31 PM

Mike66 said: "Hi

I have a pair of tickets for INTO THE WOODS for June 28 (front mezzanine) that I cannot use. Can anyone suggest the best way to dispose of them so they dont go to waste?

THANKS

mike
"

Listen, twist my arm but I can dispose them for you just send them to me and i'll make sure they're disposed of..

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 07:50:37 PM

This all seems pretty ridiculous. To the vaccinated, this is essentially a milder version of the flu and at this point we should be treating it as such.  I mean, the shows require vax cards so basically everyone is protected.  Is this is a Union thing?  If so, they should revise the policies before the industry gets walloped at the busiest time of the year.

has anyone tried doing rush or standing room recently for hadestown?  Dec 7 2021, 08:56:54 AM

I tried a couple of weeks ago and they are not offering rush but offering SRO when show is sold out, needless to say it wasn't sold out and not sure when or if it has been since reopening

Hadestown Understudies  Nov 12 2021, 06:14:25 AM

adotburr said: "Reeve Carney to me is the weak link in this cast. He’s easily replaceable and the show will continue to sell out with the replacement.

"

I just think Reeve and Patrick are polar opposites in singing styles that they both seem perfect for the roles.  Also, is it common that actors also can play guitar on stage?  Since he's got his own band and whatnot, he seems pretty tailor made.

Hadestown Understudies  Nov 11 2021, 08:04:15 AM

Went to Wednesday 11/10/21 Matinee and there was an understudy for one of the fates and Persephone (I believe it was this Lana character).  My question is, how would this show go on without Patrick Page and Reeve Carney?  If I saw it with them being replaced by an understudy I'd be sorely disappointed, their skill sets are so unique and fit these roles so nicely.  I may be naive, however.

SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW to Play Limited Engagement at the Sondheim  Nov 11 2019, 03:42:24 PM

This reminds me of "Mummenshanz" which plays every so often in the city, with 'clowns' using props in interesting ways, and no words are spoken, some audience interaction,e tc.

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 29 2019, 08:34:14 AM

I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from, but I had a great time watching this last night.  It was funny and memorable.  The leads are great, love the meta aspects of the show.  Set design is great.  I'm not sure what else to say as people have made their minds up about this already without even seeing it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You