News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BornToRun

BornToRun Profile Photo
Member Name: BornToRun
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What was your best/worst stagedoor encounter
 Aug 15 2009, 01:33:33 AM
I've never really had a bad stage door experience. The worst would have to be the Rent tour, because Anthony Rapp refused to take pictures because he was in a hurry and no one else came out.
The best would either have to be the Spring Awakening tour cast or the In the Heights OBC.

re: West Side Story Movie with new broadway cast?
 Aug 3 2009, 02:12:58 AM
Not a fan of the show, but I would see it because Karen Olivo is amazing.
re: Emotional Impact of Shows
 Aug 2 2009, 10:59:52 PM
I cry pretty much whenever I see a play. But some just get me more than others. I wept from when Abuela won the lottery to the end of the play when I saw In the Heights because I guessed what would happen. Also when I listen to Next to Normal, I always cry during I Am the One (reprise). Rent, Spring Awakening, Gypsy... yeah, almost everything I've seen. But I try not to draw attention to myself by not shaking or making noise.
re: Shows every educated person NEEDS to know
 Feb 14 2009, 09:42:55 PM
Please, don't do Cats! I like it now, but I first saw it when I was about their age, and I HATED it! And anyway, Les Mis was much more influential.

And I would also suggest Rent. It was really influential, and wasn't based off of a Disney film.

Also, I believe that these kids should be exposed to more Sondheim. But if the school is as conservative as you say, I wouldn't suggest Sweeney Todd. I'm a couple years older than them, and I love Sunday. Maybe do that?

re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
 Feb 7 2009, 05:40:50 PM
Really? That's so cool! That may actually prompt me to watch Ugly Betty.
re: Favorite Set Designs
 Jan 31 2009, 05:25:23 PM
I agree, the set (and, for that matter, everything else) for KA was fantastic! As was the set for Love.
Xanadu Closing Video
 Sep 27 2008, 04:59:09 PM
Ugh! I'm going to NY in November, I was excited to see it.
Hilarious Comments...
 Sep 27 2008, 02:18:10 PM
I was walking in Times Square:
Stupid girl: Where is Times Square?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You