Cheyenne on Ugly Betty

Morgaine885
#1Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 10:24am

I think this show is a great fit for him...I'm sure he'll be wonderful.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/126011.html

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#2re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 2:08pm

Yep. BWW had the story up last night.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Cheyenne_Jackson_Guests_on_Upcoming_UGLY_BETTY_20090205

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#3re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 2:21pm

I wonder who's dad he will be, anyways, so excited!! and hopefully this will be better than last nights episode

MarkK Profile Photo
MarkK
#4re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 3:12pm

re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty

I noticed Cheyenne and Sandra Bernhard are on the cover of NEXT Magazine this week.

#5re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 8:27pm

Too bad ABC seems to have basically canceled it (they decided the slot is better suited to testing out sitcoms)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#6re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 8:35pm

I believe Ugly Betty will be back in May.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Pianolin717
#7re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/6/09 at 8:38pm

you really think so? I would LOVE that, its apparent they aren't totally taking it off air, but its just a break... I hope it comes back soon!

dg22894
#8re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 10:47am

I love Ugly Betty. I think Cheyenne would be good as a new Betty lover. I hope it stays on the air.

harper4
#9re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 10:58am

Good for him! I think he'll be wonderful.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#10re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 11:16am

They haven't cancelled it at all; they're still making the full compliment of episodes this season, they'll still all be aired on the television. The difference is for that period of time where a show would ordinarily show repeats, there will be no Ugly Betty repeats, but the new shows instead. It's nothing like a cancellation. It's just an unfortunatele combination of shoddy reporting (because "Ugly Betty BENCHED!" will draw more eyes than "no reruns for Ugly Betty this season, just crappy new shows instead") and people not reading the news stories properly.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 4:11pm

Are we going to see more of Bernadette Peters? WTF. The Yeti sub plot seems to have disappeared.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Pianolin717
#12re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 4:14pm

yeah, they need more Yeti. they just got back to Betty's love Jessie so hopefully Bernadette will be back? I really liked her!

Dollypop
#13re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 4:50pm

Since none of the links that were posted work for me, could someone tell me the date Cheyenne will air?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Pianolin717
#14re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 4:52pm

Dolly, they have not said a date yet, all they have said is that he will be playing a gay dad

Dollypop
#15re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 4:54pm

So this will be a continuing role rather than a guest shot, right?

Pianolin717
#16re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 4:58pm

My guess is no, it just says on an upcoming episode

"Variety reports that the singing actor will play a gay dad on an upcoming episode of the award-winning comedy/drama. A broadcast date has not been announced. "

Dollypop
#17re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 5:09pm

Thanks again. You're terribly sweet.

BornToRun Profile Photo
BornToRun
#18re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/7/09 at 5:40pm

Really? That's so cool! That may actually prompt me to watch Ugly Betty.

#19re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/8/09 at 7:26am

"They haven't cancelled it at all; they're still making the full compliment of episodes this season, they'll still all be aired on the television. The difference is for that period of time where a show would ordinarily show repeats, there will be no Ugly Betty repeats, but the new shows instead. It's nothing like a cancellation."

Ummm... Sweeps this year are moved to March. They would NOT be airing reruns during sweeps programming.

I dunno I know i'm being cynical but I do think, the way ABC works, we're on the way out. SHame as I've liked this year more than most (Patricia Fields making Betty even uglier in her clothes, aside)

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#20re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/8/09 at 7:57am

Yeah it's just a "hiatus" of sorts for beautiful BETTY re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty Thank GOODNESS re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty

More Bernie/Yeti, please, when it returns!!!

Thank you EricMontreal22 for the info about sweeps moved to March this year. That gives me hope in regards to another of my favorite shows re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

#21re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/8/09 at 9:30am

Yes, it was moved to March because of the digital conversion that happened last week (two weeks back?) to give people enough time.

Pianolin717
#22re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/8/09 at 9:50am

^^
Now the digital conversion has been changed to June

#23re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/8/09 at 8:29pm

Oh well it's too late to change back sweeps re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty

Morgaine885
#24re: Cheyenne on Ugly Betty
Posted: 2/23/09 at 1:49pm