News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pattilupwned

Member Name: pattilupwned
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Previews
 Mar 18 2024, 05:54:13 AM

Will be there for first preview! :)

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 6 2022, 02:23:17 PM

As someone who has actually seen the show - there are ABSOLUTELY things that can (and should) be improved, and I think they will continue to work on it after this Chicago run, but the comments based on a few photos and a 50-second clip are wild. This will absolutely not be everyone’s cup of tea, but maybe actually see it first before tearing it to pieces 😉 

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 1 2022, 10:27:41 AM

Saw the show twice in Chicago over the weekend. Once up in the front center loge, the second fourth row center orchestra. Noticed totally different things with each viewing - up in the loge allowed us to really take in the full set and choreography, while seeing it in the orchestra gave us the chance to admire the costumes more closely, along with some of the cast's more subtle acting choices.

Jessie Hooker Bailey was on for both shows I saw this weekend. Ironically, upon readi

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 Jan 31 2018, 07:57:13 AM

Pithyaspromised said: "Lot666 said: "Pithyaspromised said: "I also really enjoyed Yesy Garcia's debut as Fleck! Nice vocal complement to the trio."

You saw Fleck played by an actress who is not a little person? I'm curious how that changed the interaction of the trio and the audience's perception of them. Fleck was played byNiamh Perry in London, but they changed virtually all of the blocking and choreography for the Australian productio

Jan 28 2018, 07:48:02 AM

Pithyaspromised said: "I'm looking forward to seeing Bronson a final time on Sunday before the production leaves town!

An amendment to my previous review of Gardar: while I still think his body language is a bit awkward, he has beautiful chemistry with Alyssa Gianetti. The vocal strain I was hearing last week seems to have resolved itself, and get truly sounded fantastic during this past Tuesday night's performance!
"

I will be there too today! :) V

Patti LuPone Riding The Subway
 Jan 21 2018, 02:02:32 PM

adamgreer said: "Is there a caption we’re missing? How do we know he had to “convince” her?"

The picture is from Matt's (her husband's) Facebook. The caption to the picture was "I finally got her on the subway".

Jan 21 2018, 01:35:35 PM

While Meghan Picerno is out performing in Candide, Alyssa Giannetti got to have her debut as Christine in Cleveland during the matinee yesterday. I got to see it, and let me tell you, if I hadn’t known it was her debut by reading Bronson’s IG, I wouldn’t have guessed it. She was stunning. Hit the notes to the title song flawlessly. I can only imagine how it had to feel at the end of it! Lots of love on stage from the cast when she took her bows. And for what it’s worth

Dec 9 2017, 05:01:55 AM
Someone asked him on IG in a comment somewhere - sorry, can't remember exactly where - if he had assumed the role, and he responded "not permanently". So take that for what it is worth
 Nov 19 2017, 08:39:00 PM
From the look of Bronson's Instagram, he seems to be playing the role a few times a week, at least. Gardar seemed to do some press in Florida - as seen on Meghan's Instagram - but not sure what his attendance has been like.
 Nov 5 2017, 10:48:39 AM
Meghan posted a picture with him last night, and her Instagram story mentioned him returning, so I'm assuming he is back in the show.

https://instagram.com/p/BbGf458lRZ9/

Oct 31 2017, 08:37:50 PM
Interesting they're still having set issues. As I mentioned, the night I went, the set broke toward the end Act 2 and they had to stop the show completely to fix it.

In terms of sets, some of the lighting effects being used to simulate Coney Island reminded me of some of the London sets off the top of my head, but I could be completely wrong. It definitely leaned toward more of what I remember the Australian production using, though, scaled down a bit for a tour environment.

As expected, Bronson is still on as the Phantom: https://instagram.com/p/Ba7q6okFkBZ/

Oct 29 2017, 06:27:30 PM

chernjam said: "it seemed weird to me that they had u/s going on for the Phantom and Christine as much as they did. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed since the tour started the U/s were going on at least a few times each week."

Yes, I've noticed that too. There's obviously been no official announcement, and I'm certainly not in the know, but it appears to me that Bronson is simply cast in the role at this point. His IG mentioned being swung out of the show today.

And Rachel Anne Moore appears to have gone on today as Christine as well.

I can't imagine either of the lead roles are particularly easy to sing, so I wouldn't be surprised if an informal alternate schedule is setup that gives them an extra day of rest. The show closed this afternoon in Detroit, and they open in North Carolina on Halloween, so I'd imagine they don't really get much of a traditional Monday off with that type of travel schedule.

Oct 29 2017, 11:50:47 AM
I, too, thought it was odd there was no insert in the Playbill mentioning Bronson was in as the u/s. He's amazing in the role, though, so I'm certainly happy for him that he's had the chance to go on.

I'm also curious as to whether Gardar has left the show. Bronson seems to have been in some of the more recent press images, but I am certainly not in the know about what might be going on behind the scenes.

Oct 27 2017, 11:15:53 PM

Just getting out of the evening show in Detroit. I will preface by saying that I have only seen the London and Australian productions through videos, so I know my opinions don't hold as much weight as those who have seen the physical productions.

The "mask" arch that flies in got stuck 3/4 of the way through Act 2 and the show had to stop. There was a horrid screeching as it came in during Devil Takes The Hindmost (Quartet), and my partner and I immediately knew something

Oct 14 2017, 02:09:48 PM

Not this coming week, but I'll be going on the 27th toward the end of the Detroit stop!

WAR PAINT Previews
 Mar 8 2017, 12:43:39 PM

QueenAlice said: "This show isn't nearly entertaining enough to qualify as camp.

i think they should just bring up the curtain and the first thing you see is Patti and Christine standing center stage. The audience would go wild. I felt like the audience partly wasn't even paying attention to the opening number because they were anticipating the entrance of the leading ladies.

"

In terms of the opening, that was exactly how it w

WAR PAINT Previews
 Mar 8 2017, 08:49:29 AM

MrsSallyAdams said: "My issue in Chicago was that the shows structure left the women no one to play off of. They steamroll the bland men in Act One, then clash with nondescript women from the chorus in Act Two. I was hoping the Revlon's or anybody else would get built up when the show transferred but it sounds like this was not the case.

"

Wholeheartedly agree. I was really hoping that the Revlon plot line would be integrated a bit more betwe

WAR PAINT Previews
 Mar 8 2017, 06:21:43 AM

Absolutely flabbergasted they cut "A Woman's Face" and "Hope in a Jar", which I have quoted many-a-time since seeing it in Chicago "War Paint" as a song was not exactly my favorite, so not saddened to see that's gone / revised, but I cannot believe they've reworked all of this to keep that horrible "Dinosaurs" song. BLAH!

What does Patti think about this season?
 Dec 15 2016, 07:01:48 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "She thinking how she has to share a stage with a whack-job like Ebersole and is counting down the days until she can find a new job away from her. 

"

Although I know that she's probably happy to be back on Broadway, I couldn't help but think this as soon as I saw the first post in this thread

WAR PAINT on Broadway
 Dec 13 2016, 08:39:45 PM

Ebersole isn't exactly known for being liberal or feminist, so yeah, definitely trying to avoid an awkward moment and upset an entire room of gays...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You