News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CrowdMeWithLove

Member Name: CrowdMeWithLove
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Favorite Broadway Love Song.
 Oct 24 2004, 03:31:09 PM
"Time Heals Everything" - Mack & Mabel
"Losing My Mind" - Follies
"If I Didn't Believe in You" - Last Five Years
"Johanna" - Sweeney Todd
"I Know Him So Well" - Chess
"Take Me As I Am" - Jekyll & Hyde
"There's a Fine, Fine Line" - Avenue Q
"Move On" - Sunday in the Park With George

All of my others have been mentioned already. And if any of the above have been mentioned -- sorry, I missed it.

re: Cursed Shows
 Oct 22 2004, 05:51:25 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaa. I just had one the other day.

I am currently in Dancing at Lughnasa at my school. If there's anyone who doesn't know the show, it is very heavily reliant on the use of a radio and the music that plays from it...or, obviously, in theatre, from the speakers.

It was our second show and we were all pretty pumped. The first act went amazingly and during intermission we were all celebrating our brilliance.

::shakes head mournfully::

Talk about

re: Best Character Entrance?
 Oct 19 2004, 04:56:40 PM
My one theatre teacher showed my class the tape of The Man Who Came to Dinner last year, and Lewis J. Stalden, who played Max Sheridan's friend Banjo, literally pounced onto the stage, began chasing around the house maid, kissed her and just announced his presence. There was no special trick or anything to it, it was just pure theatrical energy and presence. It was by far the funniest and best entrance I've ever seen...and that was just on a tape, too.
re: hmmmmmm
 Oct 17 2004, 05:59:26 PM
Most Sondheims take a few listens for me, with the exceptions of Company and Assassins. I actually had to see Sweeney Todd performed before I took an adoration to it.
re: Storing PLAYBILLS
 Oct 17 2004, 05:57:46 PM
I'm in the process of putting all of mine in shadow-boxes as well. I learned the hard way about keeping Playbills safe when my Old English Sheepdog decided to rip apart my Nathan-and-Matthew Producers Playbill. Yeah, that was fun. I get smaller ones from my area's local craft stores, though...which run for a lot cheaper than the really nice ones they sell through other places. I have one nice one that's holding my Assassins memoribilia...the rest, which I have stored somewhere, ar
re: amda???
 Oct 16 2004, 04:59:10 PM
My parents say that they will only pay for my tuition entirely (like, no loans) if I go to a conservatory that has the option of me getting a degree somehow, whether they offer it or if they have a transfer program (a la AADA or AMDA). So it's more of a practicality for me. And almost all of the UK conservatories offer degrees...which is why it would be better for me. But if they don't carry over into America like he said, it seems silly to apply.
re: amda???
 Oct 16 2004, 04:45:38 PM
I'm confused about this as well, apdarcey.

I'm a Junior at a performing arts high school and I want to look into conservatories because my academic grades suck, but my theatre grades are amazing...and also because I feel like a conservatory is the only place I could concentrate entirely on my craft.

I was looking at UK schools...most of which are absolutely brilliant. But my friend told me that if you get a degree in England, it won't mean anything in America and I'd just have

re: One Cast Recording...
 Oct 16 2004, 04:35:41 PM
Into the Woods, because it has musical brilliance and it can appeal to almost anyone.
re: this may sound odd but...
 Oct 16 2004, 04:33:55 PM
I do know this show! I'm actually in it right now...I'm playing Rose. However, I don't think it would have the same effect in music. I was talking to my friend the other day about how music tends to be the best way to get a message across...but for this show, I think it would trivialize the human frailities of all of the characters. Just my opinon, but I absolutely ADORE this show. I hated it when I read it the first time...but performing it gives me a whole new perspective.
re: obsessed?
 Sep 3 2004, 12:45:43 PM
When I was in eighth and ninth grade, I was absolutely completely obsessed with the Rent recording. My friend and I were actually in this church youth group together called FIAT (Faith in Action Teens)...which was, in all honesty, forced upon me by my incredibly Catholic parents. Anyway, we went on a "retreat" once to this monastary, and we literally spent the ENTIRE time just singing different Rent songs. I sang all the girl parts and Mark...and he sang all the boy parts and Joann
re: WARNING: Do not enter if You're sick of my endless talk about Sweeney T
 Aug 31 2004, 01:36:29 AM
I think he actually could. I'm not sure if he has the vocals for it or not, but I think he'd definitely be able to work at it. Or they could take a different approach at it, using his unique voice? (Just babbling here, can't really explain what I mean by that one...sorry) Anyway, it'd be good too...since they'd need someone like him to pull in ticket sales. And if they have someone who's so great and is so well-liked by mainstream audiences...then it's possible that it will last long, despite th
re: WARNING: Do not enter if You're sick of my endless talk about Sweeney T
 Aug 31 2004, 01:19:58 AM
I've heard so many people say that Into the Woods was terrible! What exactly was so bad about it? Most people have told me that it was bad, but couldn't really give me any reasons to back it up (which is one of the most annoying things on the planet, let me tell you)...so I've always been curious.
re: Highest Notes (for a guy)
 Aug 31 2004, 01:16:48 AM
Well, it's the worst for me! I re-read my own entry and (I swear to God) thought "Oh, shoot..I accidentally typed 'Cheno' instead of 'Chemo'!" Haha, it's probably because I capitalized it for some reason (??? I'm not sure why.) Or we all are going crazy.

And isn't Mandy still acting on that Showtime show? If he's up to that, he should be up to a lot. Ehh, I don't know. Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da...life goes on. Hopefully he'll make a smooth recovery and get back to faking that lit

re: What Musical has the Most 'Stand Alone' Songs??
 Aug 31 2004, 01:10:45 AM
Mmmm...I'm not an ALW fan at all, but I've gotta say that my favorite "stand-alone" song is one of his. "Unexpected Song" from Song & Dance is one of the most amazing songs I know. I aboslutely adore it. I was shocked to find out that it was Andrew Lloyd Webber, actually. He and Don Black...they're a good pair. I've never seen Song & Dance, but from what I've heard it's pretty much just a showcase of songs in the first act and dancing in the second? Am I completely off here?
 Aug 31 2004, 12:55:09 AM
Mandy has prostate cancer...I don't think that would directly affect his vocal chords. I'm not sure how Chemo works, however, or if he's even undergoing Chemo right now. If he is, I would say that his voice probably isn't in best shape -- but will recover once the side effects (swelling, etc.) settle down. And if he isn't, his vocal chords should be about the same.

And I'm not saying that ALL of his notes aren't in falsetto, that would be physically impossible...but a lot of the higher

Aug 31 2004, 12:01:36 AM
My friend just gave me Sunday in the Park With George not too long ago...and some of the notes Mandy Patinkin hits on that recording without going into falsetto are ASTOUNDING. He's fabulous.
re: nicest person @ stage door....
 Aug 30 2004, 10:27:02 PM
Denis O'Hare was by far the nicest person I've ever met. Both times I saw the show (Assassins, by the way.), he made me feel like he knew me and that we were long-lost friends catching up after a community theatre production.

Mario Cantone was incredibly nice as well...he joked around and was very considerate -- he even took two pictures with me, and the second one was by his suggestion because he thought that the first one didn't come out well enough!

Sean McCourt of <

songs
 Aug 27 2004, 02:22:29 PM
My posting name comes from "Being Alive" for a reason. Everyone, everyone knows what it's like to feel lost, unloved...and yearning for someone, anyone to give them that love. It's a beautiful song...and the Bernadette Peters version is especially awe-inspiring.

I've just recently (as in, two days ago) gotten into Caroline...and "Lot's Wife" is suuuch a moving song...as is "Epilogue/Emmie's Dream," though that's moving in a different sort of way. It makes you feel empowere

re: The Caliber/Amount of Acting in Broadway Musicals
 Aug 24 2004, 04:20:46 PM
I personally think it has more to do with the show than the actors, in a lot of cases. Take Assassins, for example. There is no way you could pull off that show if you can't act. It's just impossible. However, there are certain shows -- 4nd Street, to name one -- that are pure spectacle and rely heavily on dancing and singing. You could put someone brilliant as a campy character and you'd have no idea if they could act -- and possibly, you would think that they couldn't. Obviously
re: Caroline, or change closing do to republican convention?
 Aug 17 2004, 03:51:55 AM
My friend told me tonight that the RNC is pretty much closing down New York. Apparently, they're going to be doing full searches of cars and it will take an insanely long amount of time to get into the city...let alone get to a show. So any show that's doing poorly now will really suffer during the RNC because people will be even less inclined to get tickets, which is a real shame since I wanted to see Caroline soooo badly. Kushner is God/god/a deity/amazing/genuis/brilliant
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You