News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hunterchi

hunterchi Profile Photo
Member Name: hunterchi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Shows have Recouped?
 Jun 17 2009, 01:01:42 PM
Has anything recouped yet in recent months? I would have thought God of Carnage recouped by now for sure, but haven't seen an announcement.
re: CHESS in Concert track list announced
 May 15 2009, 11:17:00 AM
Despite the fact that I prefer most of the lyrics on the concept album as opposed to the OCR I'm happy that that we'll get to hear Idina's "Someone else's story".

Is anyone else less than enthused about Groban?

re: RIALTO CHATTER: Riedel Reveals Cumming Sought as SPIDER-MAN's 'Green Go
 May 15 2009, 10:36:54 AM
I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure I understand the concept of building a musical with a budget so big it can't recoup...and I had no interest in seeing this show...but with Cumming in it, I might have to reconsider!

re: restaurant help
 May 14 2009, 05:24:19 PM
I would go with Becco as well. Also, ask about prix fixe, they don't always advertise but often will offer one.
re: EVERYDAY RAPTURE
 May 14 2009, 01:21:37 PM
I was at Wednesday's show and the word was that a recording is in the works.
re: Question about Next to Normal
 May 14 2009, 01:19:33 PM
Also, Aaron Tveit will be out of the show after the Tony's.

He'll be in Seattle working on Catch me if you can.

re: London Production Of 'Spring Awakening' To Close
 May 13 2009, 12:26:12 PM
Next to Normal's grosses have been picking up and closing in on breakeven from an operating costs standpoint. Ticketing is up since nominations and if that keeps up (with some wins) it could actually turn into a pretty stable run.

I guess the lesson is that a producer like David Stone can afford to force a Next to Normal into the market and give it a chance (thank goodness) because he's made enough money on splashy shows like Wicked. Love or hate the splashy stuff...Broadway is an int

Broadway Bares - That time again...who do you want to see?
 Apr 23 2009, 09:36:04 PM
Use this thread to discuss what performers you're hoping to see "take a little off" in this year's Broadway Bares performances.
re: If you could pick one Tony winner...
 Apr 19 2009, 10:12:32 PM
I'm going Next to Normal for best musical, because even with great reviews I think it will take a while for this show to catch a broader audience...but with a Tony it would have the time.

It deserves to have a long mainstreem run!

re: OH MY GAWD: Jennifer Hudson & Jennifer Holliday I AM TELLING YOU Duet!!
 Apr 18 2009, 07:27:35 PM
I think by far the best part of this video is the guy talking in the background who basically loses his mind:

"Oh my God...no, Oh my god!!!"

Classic.

re: FALSETTOS video clip
 Apr 18 2009, 11:37:30 AM
Thanks for that...

I really think this show might have some revival life in it yet!

PiraguaGuy2's Predictions
 Apr 17 2009, 10:12:31 PM
TimeSquare-

I totally agree...nominating the Billys together is ridiculous. If one of them really gives the best perf. on broadway then great...but all three is just rewarding the role. They can't possibly all be equal.

re: Tveit to Leave N2N in June...returns in September?
 Apr 17 2009, 11:32:25 AM
I'd go Doyle over Riabko in a heartbeat...though I guess Kyle and Aaron do look a bit alike.
re: [title of show] as 'self-congratulating artistic masturbation'
 Apr 16 2009, 10:57:22 AM
I don't disagree with the quote at all...and yet I also didn't think the "self congratulatory" nature of TOS made it any less enjoyable.

In fact I wish more of the boradway show's hitting the street and based on new material were as enjoyable as masturbation...the gorsses would be much higher!

re: NEXT TO NORMAL reviews
 Apr 15 2009, 08:42:30 PM
Does anyone know for sure who from the times is writing the review?

Isherwood was in the audience twice last week and was talking about loving it, and saying it was much improved this time around...maybe he's writing instead of Brantley?

If so it should be good.

re: Do you know these 10 showtunes?
 Apr 15 2009, 08:39:24 PM
I love candle on the water...I was so excited about 5 months ago when iTunes finally got a digitally remastered version of that song.

Helen Reddy is amazing!

re: Cavenaugh and Scaglione both out of WSS tonight
 Apr 15 2009, 08:37:19 PM
How is the quality of his voice? I thought Cavenaugh was a little on the light side for a great Tony.
re: I think I just got a better idea for a WSS revival
 Apr 12 2009, 11:27:58 AM
Hey...maybe you don't even need to make major changes in order to make it exciting all over again. At the preview performance I attended there were 4 theatre patrons chatting cattily about the show in the lobby at intermission when one said:

"This show would be awesome if the gangs were shirtless"

so there you have it.

re: Flops With No Chance Of Revival
 Apr 11 2009, 06:22:18 PM
If Disney picked up 13 do you think they'd change the line:

"If that's what it is, then that's what it is
at least until Disney can rewrite it"

re: Need help choosing a show!
 Apr 11 2009, 06:17:35 PM
Since we're all just confusing you now, I say you just go to TKTS and go to whatever show has the best seats available!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You