News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for criostal

Member Name: criostal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CYRANO (The New Group) Previews
 Oct 27 2019, 03:24:44 PM

Recently saw this and liked it overall (as opposed to love), probably because I went in with no expectations and viewed it as a work in progress. Music was OK, although I can’t remember any of the songs specifically. I thought the acting was superb across the board even if a couple of roles were somewhat miscast. The intimate setting of the Darryl Roth made me admire Dinklage’s acting all the more since all of his facial expressions (from comical to pained) were plain to see.

GIGI @ Kennedy Center
 Jan 24 2015, 05:00:26 PM
Saw the matinee performance today, or half of it. Actually, I was so bored and disinterested in the characters and their relationships that I left at intermission...a first for me. Vanessa Hudgens was OK. However, I felt like her voice/acting would be better suited for a cartoon version. I agree with posters above that said many of the cast were flat/improperly cast in their roles. Clearly, there was a lot of talent on the stage, but for me, it was just a disjointed mess that went nowhere.
Gigi on Broadway Tickets
 Jan 24 2015, 04:58:03 PM

Awkward Side Show interview
 Nov 30 2014, 04:15:43 PM
Welcome to the Grudge Report?

The content of the interview is pretty similar to several the twins have done, none of which have come off anywhere near awkward. The recent interview on NBC New York is a case in point. It could well be editing that made the clip in question seem awkward.

As to whether Erin Davie thought she was the standard bearer for the role when Emily Padgett auditioned, refer to a previous interview she did on the subject. Her own words between 5:00 and 10:00 are a better representation of her thoughts than those of someone who admittedly has an axe to grind and seems to take a lot of creative license in their interpretation.

http://www.theaterppl.com/davie111714.html

re: Billy Elliot Partial View
 Oct 17 2008, 05:01:28 PM
Both orchestra options are all on the side: 4th row is 5th and 6th seat over of 6. Row L is 12th seat over. I saw the show in London in front row right and felt more was missed on stage left than stage right, which is why I was considering left front mezz.

Anyone know how far the Imperial stage extends over so that 4th row might be a decent option?

Thanks again

re: Billy Elliot Partial View
 Oct 17 2008, 04:10:24 PM
Anyone have an opinion on the following choices:

Rt. Orch 4th row side

Right Orch. Row L side

Front Mezz. row 2 extreme left.

Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You