Billy Elliot Partial View

DDdirector
#1Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/7/08 at 2:02pm

Has anyone sat in the orchestra partial view? Looks like they are extreme right and left. Just wondering what and how much you miss. Thanks for any info you have.
-Dan

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#2re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/7/08 at 2:21pm

I've heard others say that the majority of the action takes place downstage, center. The little bit that goes on upstage left or right is minor and won't seriously impact your enjoyment of the show.

(That's secondhand knowledge though. I haven't been there myself.)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

DDdirector
#2re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/7/08 at 3:17pm

ok, thanks. Just got tickets, extreme orch right, row J. Hopefully it'll be ok and won't miss much.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#3re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/7/08 at 4:00pm

I was on row N far right. I missed a little bit on the right stage but did not miss much and enjoyed the show very much.

DDdirector
#4re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/7/08 at 4:05pm

sounds good. just trying to figure out why right orchestra is at the 81.00 price but the same seats orch left are full price.

criostal
#5re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/17/08 at 4:10pm

Anyone have an opinion on the following choices:

Rt. Orch 4th row side

Right Orch. Row L side

Front Mezz. row 2 extreme left.

Thanks!

WishingOnlyWounds2
#6re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/17/08 at 4:21pm

Rt. Orch 4th row side sounds the best. Is it partial view? If so, row L may be better.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#7re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/17/08 at 4:26pm

If they're all the way to the side, farther back is best. I'd say Row L orch. is your best bet.

criostal
#8re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/17/08 at 5:01pm

Both orchestra options are all on the side: 4th row is 5th and 6th seat over of 6. Row L is 12th seat over. I saw the show in London in front row right and felt more was missed on stage left than stage right, which is why I was considering left front mezz.

Anyone know how far the Imperial stage extends over so that 4th row might be a decent option?

Thanks again

SweetQintheLights
#9re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/17/08 at 5:16pm

While we are at it...

How big is the Imperial theatre? Let's say...compared to the Golden theatre (Avenue Q.)

I am thinking about taking my friend to see Billy Elliot and it would be her first Broadway show. Although we prefer to sit closer, 126$ a ticket is a lot for us college students.

I'm assuming you can't see facial expressions but how bad/good are these seats?

Rear Mezzanine: Row F, section 4, seats 4 and 5.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/17/08 at 5:21pm

The Golden is one of the smallest houses on Broadway. It seats 805. The Imperial seats 1,435. So it's almost twice the size.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#11re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:23am

It's larger than the Golden, but I don't really think there's really any bad seats, and views for this show are really fine everywhere.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#12re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:34am

What happened to the day when Designers and Directors sat in various seats and made sure everyone could see the whole show?
Geez.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#13re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:41am

Maybe back then, they did not use as much stage space.

or Media Literacy Does cheaper mean can't see the whole show? or "I really got a bargain price for Billy Elliot".......

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

WishingOnlyWounds2
#14re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:44am

When I saw Young Frankenstein, I was Row P(I think) Side Orchestra, Far Aisle. They assured me the theatre was built so all had a full view, I didn't believe it; surprisingly it was. Not only was I in front of the overhang, but it seemed like I had a centre view.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#15re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 1:12am

<< Rear Mezzanine: Row F, section 4, seats 4 and 5.

>>

Those are fine !! I just sat in H 7, which is on aisle, and view was excellent. Such an amazing show !

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#16re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 9:30am

To be honest, the mezz at the Imperial is fantastic. I have seen many shows there, and every single one has been from the back of the mezz. If you want to spend 81 to sit closer, but be obstructed, go ahead, we all have our different taste. I would spend my 81 on a center rear mezz seat, or even cut the price in half (41) and sit in the last few rows.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#17re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 9:55am

The rear mezzanine at the Imperial is fine. You get a great view, and you can see facial expressions just fine.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#18re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/18/08 at 9:59am

I am hoping the rear mezz is fine as I booked 3 tickets there last night for the 31st. Not that it really makes a difference now, but what is the legroom like up there? (I seem to remember the legroom in the orchestra at the Imperial being simply miserable.)

TheRyanOConnorShow
#19re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/19/08 at 7:43pm

"What happened to the day when Designers and Directors sat in various seats and made sure everyone could see the whole show? "

AMEN CurtainpullDowner!!!

Please visit my show and subscribe!! http://www.TheRyanOConnorshow.com

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#20re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/21/08 at 8:27pm

I didn't want to pull a CoolKid and start a new thread so I didn't. I just got Row H Seats 20-22 Right Orchestra. Now I know people will say "Why are you asking you already bought them" or whatever. So I am just wondering what to expect, will I miss anything? And I am short (5'3'ish) will I be able to see over people, is the Imperial seating slanted forward? Thanks.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#21re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/27/08 at 4:37pm

I just got a ticket for Wednesday night, Rear Mezz, Row G... to those who have sat around/near there for "Billy Elliot," do you think binoculars would be advisable? I'd rather not trudge them around for the rest of the night, but if my view will really suffer without them, I'll tote them along...

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#22re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/28/08 at 8:57pm

bump...

anyone?

kdek004
#23re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:18am

Personally I really don't think you need binoculars. I saw it in the last row corner of rear mezz. I'm near sighted so I wore my glasses but definitely did NOT need binocs.

Billy Whiz
#24re: Billy Elliot Partial View
Posted: 10/29/08 at 9:24am

I actually stood at the back of the theatre and watched the whole of the second half and could see all the action fine. I wouldn't have thought binoculars would be necessary.

Videos