News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Twilight

Twilight Profile Photo
Member Name: Twilight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Official We Love You Thread
 Dec 29 2004, 01:58:46 AM
Adam Pascal
Anthony Rapp
Hunter Foster
Sutton Foster
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Douglass Stills
Terrance Mann
Marin Mazzie
Michael Ball
John Tartaglia
Jeremy Kushinier
Colleen Sexton
Lea Salonga
Ruthie Henshall
Bernadette Peters

I don't know where I would be without them, I really don't.

re: favorite not-so-well-known musical
 Dec 29 2004, 01:57:35 AM
I adore Zombie Prom! I know it's rather cheesy and whatnot, but I love it, I really do.
re: Fav Character EVER
 Dec 28 2004, 07:19:41 PM
Well, though it may be rather impossible to choose just one, I shall attempt to contribute:

Bloody Mary- South Pacific
The Witch - Into the Woods
Prof. Hill - The Music Man
Sweeney Todd/Mrs. Lovitt - Sweeney Todd
The Emcee - Cabaret
Angel - Rent
Eponine - Les Miserables
Audrey 2 - Little Shop of Horrors

Come to think of it, a majority of those charactors, while they're not my favorites, are just important charactors that stand out to me.

re: LETS HAVE OUR OWN AWARDS....
 Nov 6 2004, 02:25:07 PM
Best Villian in a Musical(of all time)- Audrey 2, Little Shop
Best Comedy Actress in a Musical(of all time)-Kristen Chenoweth
Best Comedy Actor in a Musical(of all time)- Douglass Sills
Best Duet(of all time)- "Without You" - Rent, "A Boy Like That" - West Side Story
Best Female solo number(of all time)- "Someone Like You" Jekyll and Hyde
Best Male solo number(of all time)- "Where's the Girl" The Scarlet Pimpernel, "Epiphany" Sweeny Todd
Best Ensemble number(of all time)-

re: Best Broadway Love Duet
 Nov 6 2004, 02:07:33 PM
"A Heart Full of Love" - Les Mis (Okay, so it's not a duet, but it's so pretty!)
"Tonight" - West Side Story
"I Turned the Corner" - Millie (Once again, not a duet...)

re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
 Oct 19 2004, 06:21:54 PM
Well, I read somewhere that the role of Glinda was offered to Mandy Moore... But she turned it down. All I can say is THANK GOD!!!
re: Worst show on Bway
 Oct 18 2004, 10:07:04 PM
I agree with Phantom... I mean, I love it, it's a fantastic musical, but it's been around for too long, andc I honestly don't see it's appeal anymore, compared to some of the stuff that is out now.
re: What Do You Think Is The MOST DEMANDING Role in Musical Theater?
 Oct 9 2004, 04:57:20 PM
Well, I think Christine from Phantom would be the most VOCALLY demanding role, for obvious reasons. But I think Mimi from RENT would be really emotionally draining. Someone should have warned Mel B...
re: Your Favorite Dance Number
 Oct 6 2004, 12:38:29 AM
I would go with "our Favorite Son" from Will Roger Follies. I got to learn the original choreography and take it to competition with my dance company... We were 1 point away from getting a platinum!!
movie.... OY
 Oct 4 2004, 12:02:32 AM
I totally agree. I mean, they did that with Into the woods and Sweeney Todd, and they turned out spectacularly! Even if they could film a special stage version, like they did for CATS, that would work too.
movie.... OY
 Oct 3 2004, 11:56:54 PM
Personally, I hope that they never make a movie of the musical, because think of all the random computer crap they would throw in just because they COULD! For instance, Defying Gravity would probably be Elphaba soaring over oz on er broomstick singing with the wind rushing through her hair as the Emerald city citizens ran beneath her, trying to catch her...

Maybe it's just me, but that would totally ruin it.

re: Zombie Prom: The Musical
 Sep 28 2004, 05:59:26 PM
yeah, I've heard a bunch of the songs... I love it, it's fun! The plot and dialog are very cheesy, but the music pretty cute! I got most of the songs from Kazaa....
re: Favorite Broadway Love Song.
 Sep 27 2004, 07:42:28 PM
A Heart fulll of Love- Les Mis
I turned the Corner- Millie
Tonight- West Side Story
You are my home- Scarlet Pimpernel
Without You- RENT
Who needs to dream- Copacabana (sad, yes, I know, but I do like the music!)

re: Shows that have one good song and the rest is forgettable or unbearable
 Sep 27 2004, 07:36:53 PM
Shadowland- The Lion King. Those songs just don't do a whole lot for me. I mean, the voices and the harmonies are beautiful, but the songs themselves just don't set my knees a quiver, if you know what I mean. But then again, I havn't seen it live (yet) so maybe its different.
re: WOW Shows
 Sep 27 2004, 03:30:11 AM
My first two Broadway whows, Rent and Wicked, I was just sitting there in awe the entire time. For Wicked, it was all the technecal stuff that went on, as well as the amazing talent behind it all. As for RENT, I was blown away by the voices! Jeremy Kushiner could just fill up the theatre, and make your heart melt.
re: Broadway Show Bloopers JCS
 Sep 26 2004, 03:51:49 AM
Well, these arn't really bloopers, but when I saw WICKED, I was sitting in my seat, waiting for the show to start, and I could hear Jennifer Laura Thompson warming up for some odd reason. Then, one of ensemble members came out on the top of the staircase-thingy and was just kind of standing there, looking over the railing at the audience before the show even started! So I waved at him, and he smailed at me.
Songs that make you melt!
 Sep 18 2004, 04:17:32 PM
Are there any songs that just make your heart pound and your knees go wobbley? Mine would have to be "Where's The Girl" From the Scarlet Pimpernel. God, every time I hear it I swoon!
re: The My First Broadway Show thread
 Sep 17 2004, 08:48:45 PM
My first tour was The Phantom of the Opera, but I don't remember much of it. All I remrmber is at one point, I really had to pee, so I got up and went, then the usher woman wouldn't let me back in for a while.

Then, my first broadway show was RENT. I was so excited, because Jeremy Kushiner was Roger, and I adore him. I was also given the Privilege to see Scary Spice... and she was terrible! She cracked MAGORLY at the end of "Light my Candle"

re: STARLIGHT EXPRESS
 Sep 17 2004, 01:35:31 AM
I saw the tour when it came around a couple months ago. I liked it, but it was very wierd. What was up with that rap? "What time is it? It's race time!"
re: Most Moving SHOW
 Sep 17 2004, 01:30:28 AM
I would have to say RENT, Miss Saigon, and West Side Story. When Angel died, I was just bawling on me seat, and I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to show their emotions (It makes me feel vulnerable.) And in West Side Story, Maria's Monologe at the very end... Gives me goosebumps.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You