News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Radiana

Radiana Profile Photo
Member Name: Radiana
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's your favourite musical?  Feb 1 2009, 05:13:21 PM
My favorite show is "Gypsy". I love it because it's about the theater or rather vaudeville. Anyway, when I was in high school my mother and I went to see it. My mom and I had a terrible relationship normally but that evening was really nice. It was the first musical either one of us had been to.
re: PHOTO FLASH! 1966 pre-Bway HOLLY GOLIGHTLY/Bway BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S  Dec 30 2008, 04:49:12 AM
I was wondering why I never heard of this. It never officially opened because the whole idea seems odd, I guess. IMO the movie was pure magic and once you cast Audrey Hepburn in a role, it just seems pointless to revive the role with anyone else.

Thanks for the info and pictures, it's all pretty interesting.

re: Anyone Out There Over 30 on This Board  Dec 8 2008, 10:26:04 PM
Jane 2 you changed your Avatar. I fell in love with the pink apartment building you had earlier. I don't know where that is but i want to live there.

I was so excited to read the heading on this thread thinking that this would be another nostalgia thing. The Remember When thread kind of died out.

So I've been reading through and although I was confused at first by what the OP was saying, I got the jist of it. He wants the price of tickets to come way down just like gas is doin

re: Top Ten Favorite Songs....  Dec 8 2008, 08:37:57 PM

The Girl that I Marry / Annie Get Your Gun
If I loved You / Carousel
When You Walk Through a Storm / Carousel
Edleweiss / Sound of Music
One Day More / Les Miserables
I Dreamed a Dream / Les Miserables
Music of the Night / Phantom
I'm Not that Girl / Wicked
Some Enchanted Evening / South Pacific
Hello Young Lovers / The King and I

re: favorite funny songs from musicals?  Dec 8 2008, 07:29:58 AM
"Guv'ment" from "Big River"

"Trouble in River City" from "Music Man"

re: I don't care what you say, Stephen Schwartz is a God  Dec 7 2008, 09:56:28 AM

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I think "I'm not that Girl" is a hauntingly beautiful song. I'm sure there are plenty of women who can recall a time in their lives when they could identify with that song.

Taylor Hicks in Grease  Dec 1 2008, 07:33:15 PM

Is Taylor Hicks still in Grease? I saw him on a morning show a few months ago doing a number from the show. Do they color his hair? How is his performance? I think of him more as a Conrad Birdie.

re: Hollywood Actors vs Broadway Actors  Nov 26 2008, 04:25:48 PM

I agree with you CSon. Live stage is much harder work. I can see where movie acting might be a strain on actors because of the takes and the waiting around but the camera and the film editor does a lot of the work for them. A stage actor is pretty much out there on their own.

re: Curious to know  Nov 22 2008, 08:25:43 PM
Mama that's when I saw "Big River" was about 21 years ago. It was wonderful.

I live on the west coast and see plays now and then that are on tour.

Curious to know  Nov 22 2008, 06:56:12 PM
I've been reading the threads for a few weeks now so I'm very new to this. I've seen only one show on Broadway which was "Big River" many years ago.

I would appreciate anyone who could shed a little light on how things work on Broadway. The musicals I've seen on tour usually have understudies who are in the chorus but what about non musicals, how does that work. Is an understudy paid as if it's a full time job or is it only when they perform.

Also if someone in a leading

re: Cherish every moment  Nov 21 2008, 03:22:30 AM
Congratulations, I for one am very impressed and although I don't know you, I am happy for you. You must feel great to have your work performed. I hope it does very well.

re: 3rd Pal Joey Performance pics *56k Warning*  Nov 20 2008, 12:21:49 AM
Sorry about the use of "adorable." I saw that beautiful smile of her's in the picture coming out of the theater and I thought she was adorable. It was all quite innocent.
re: A Life Worthy of Musicalization  Nov 20 2008, 12:13:18 AM

I just know of the one woman show "Belle of Amherst" Yes she had an interesting life and the letters she wrote were as wonderful as her poems.

I was under the impression that she lived a very lonely life but that wasn't until her later years.

re: 3rd Pal Joey Performance pics *56k Warning*  Nov 20 2008, 12:05:11 AM

I just want to say that Stokkard Channing is adorable. I've always been a fan. I love that she exudes so much energy and power in her roles. I don't know how old she is now but she's taken very good care of herself.

re: A Life Worthy of Musicalization  Nov 19 2008, 11:48:13 PM

Emily Dickensen......Before she became a recluse her life as a young girl was pretty normal. I can see where some of the themes of her poems could be songs. "I'm nobody, who are you" "The heart wants what the heart wants"

re: HELP - Why do YOU like musicals so much?  Nov 18 2008, 08:35:05 PM

I love musicals because there is usually going to be at least one song that will blow you away, where the whole cast is involved. It's almost like the gates of heaven opening up. It's the only place you can experience that.

Testing the Waters  Nov 18 2008, 08:22:52 PM

re: A Life Worthy of Musicalization  Nov 18 2008, 07:46:12 PM

I think Princess Diana is worthy.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/16  Nov 17 2008, 11:47:35 PM

O.K. so If I were on a budget would I want an inexpensive seat or save up for a premium. Can you enjoy the show just as well with the cheaper seats?

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/16  Nov 17 2008, 08:01:29 PM

Thanks GMF for the info on "Jersey Boys". You may be right because I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for it as I do for "In the Heights."

I don't know much about it other than it's about a singing group from the 60's. Who knows, maybe it's drawing a lot of baby boomers.

So, what usually happens on Broadway when there's an economic slump? Do they just bring the price of the tickets down? You would think that in hard times people would want to escape reality more so t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You