News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beltingbaritone

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
Member Name: beltingbaritone
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

La LuPone gives her unvarnished opinion of Donald Trump  May 20 2017, 08:28:31 PM

Maybe a silly question: where is the full interview? Has it not been released yet, or was it pulled off Broadway.com?

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018  Apr 16 2017, 11:05:21 PM

^BroadwayConcierge, you're so right! I will take what I can get! Mueller and Henry will be fantastic.

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018  Apr 16 2017, 11:00:28 PM

This cast is fantastic, but was anyone else hoping that the Lyric Opera's production with Laura Osnes and Steven Pasquale would get a Broadway run? I know, my head is in the clouds, and there wasn't any chance even before this was announced, but when I read the title of this thread, that's where my heart went.

Marvin's Room casting gossip  Mar 28 2017, 11:29:40 AM

Link:

Janeane Garofalo and Lili Taylor Will Star in the Broadway Premiere of Marvin’s Room

Hmm...  Jan 6 2017, 08:35:56 PM

My friend reminded me on Facebook that in Patti LuPone's memoir, she said her management hated that she took a regional job at the Guthrie right after Evita. She told them if she just sat around in her apartment waiting for the next Eva Peron, she'd still be sitting there. Not that that'd indicative of DeBose's circumstances, but just food for thought.

Hmm...  Jan 6 2017, 04:16:34 PM

Tony Yazbeck said something similar in his TheaterPeople episode about how casting directors had come to only think of him as an ensemblist, and he had to have a deliberate conversation with his management about turning down all ensemble work if he wanted to be considered for leading men parts. It makes sense, but it sure is unfortunate that it has to be one or the other.

"Why Hamilton Was Ariana DeBose’s Last Time in the Ensemble" Playbill Article  Jan 6 2017, 03:47:24 PM

Have been seeing his article shared a lot on Facebook just now. Half of what I've been reading is praising her for taking control of her career, while the other half is chastising her for a lack of humility. Thought I'd see what the BWW-ers stand!

http://www.playbill.com/article/why-hamilton-was-ariana-deboses-last-time-in-the-ensemble

Way too early 2017 Tony predictions  Oct 18 2016, 02:40:49 PM

I really hope Eva Noblezada isn't shut out come nomination time. Her performance in London was breathtaking. 

Wicked Contracts Question  Sep 27 2016, 01:53:00 PM

Thanks guys! This was informative! I had no idea that Michael Campayno and Zach Piser were brand new to the show (meaning hadn't done their roles in another company).

Wicked Contracts Question  Sep 24 2016, 07:42:57 PM

I'm not a super fan of Wicked, but I'll admit that it's a guilty pleasure of mine, and whenever I have family or friends in town, it's always the show they want to see (aside from Hamilton, now), so I've seen the Broadway production a handful of times. I notice that most of the time the principal characters such as Elphaba, Glinda, Boq, etc. have generally played the role on the tour, or at least thats the current trend. My first question is, are there any recent

Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?  Aug 24 2016, 03:12:55 AM

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but the search function yielded only this result for discussion on Shoshana Bean's performance in Funny Girl. How was she in the role, for those who saw it?

American Psycho - closing week audiences  Jun 6 2016, 01:12:01 PM

newintown said: But a commercial musical based on a quarter-century-old novel (by a writer considered by many to be something of a hack), featuring an 80s-style pastiche techno score (padded out with decades-old pop tunes) written by a 46-year-old has-been pop singer, with a book by a 43-year-old comic book writer whose only other commercial theatre credit is the astoundingly amateurish Spider Man... whatever you could call this combo, "ahead of its time" cert

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Jun 6 2016, 12:39:45 AM

^He was also apparently in an early reading/workshop of Wicked as Boq.

Favorite American Psycho songs  Jun 6 2016, 12:38:09 AM

Apparently somebody has started an GoFundMe for a cast album. Not sure if anyone has brought this up or not. I don't know how legitimate it is, because it appears it doesn't appear to be started by someone affiliated to the show. 

Here's the link. https://www.gofundme.com/23dsnrfw

And here's a link to the tweet exchanged that seems to have spurred it. https://twitter.com/theaterppl/status/739465734267494400

OFFICIAL DRAMA DESK AWARDS DISCUSSION THREAD  Jun 5 2016, 10:20:44 PM

mikem said: "My video cut out when Savion Glover was telling the story about his awards that he gave to his mother.  What happened to them?

He said he gave all of his awards to his mother, who kept them in the garage at their house in Montclair, but he went on tour for 6-8 months, and never saw them again when he came back, so he was going to hold onto this Drama Desk instead of giving it to his mom.

Lempicka at Second Stage  Dec 15 2015, 11:33:30 AM

I saw on Instagram that Shoshana Bean was participating in a private concert performance of Lempicka at Second Stage last night, and she was giving away a few tickets. I didn't see her post until today, but did anyone manage to snag one or was anyone in attendance otherwise? I'd love to hear thoughts on the piece and Bean's performance.

Which musical should Roundabout revive next?  Jul 13 2015, 02:33:57 PM

I'd love to see a Once Upon a Mattress revival! With Sutton Foster, please!

Future Sutton Foster Roles  Jun 11 2015, 03:12:46 AM

I think Colin Donnell would make a better Sir Harry. Dauntless is dopey, and Colin is too suave, IMO. *swoon*

CHENOWETH AND CUMMING TO HOST THE TONYS  Apr 28 2015, 12:30:57 PM

It's always a tad awkward when a host is also a nominee, IMO.

Anyone know what's happening with Lempicka?  Apr 12 2015, 01:35:15 PM

Bump? Just in case?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You