pixeltracker

Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?

Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?

downhillskier
#1Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 2:43pm

Curious to hear people's reviews of this production of Funny Girl at the North Shore Music Theater in Beverly, MA. Please let me know what you think of the production as a whole and Shoshana's performance. Is it worth seeing?

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#2Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 7:38pm

Shoshana just posted a video on facebook of her singing the end of Don't Rain on my Parade.. Love it.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#3Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 7:52pm

I've haven't seen anything but the clips but she's glorious. This is how casting should be done-based on talent to perform the role and not notoriety. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#4Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 9:57pm

I loved the clip as well! If I was close by I would definitely go to see her belt her face off with this score.

Does NSMT usually have a full orchestra?

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#5Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:10pm

"Belt her face off"!?

In the video snippet released, she talk/sings "Don't Rain on My Parade" as if she is playing Harold Hill. I hope it was the first day and she was still learning the words.

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#6Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:22pm

There was a (bootleg) clip released on her Instagram with her in performance. I believe that's the one everyone is talking about, not the one that was filmed early on in rehearsals.

nsguy45 Profile Photo
nsguy45
#7Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:39pm

I've got great seats for next Thursday evening.

Bradley Dean is playing Nick, by the way.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#8Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:41pm

I am using the phrase "belt her face off" purely based on her previous reputation for doing just that. 

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Broadway_Boy
#9Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/9/16 at 1:09am

I'm planning on going up to see it.  I love Shoshana. 

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

downhillskier
#10Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 6/9/16 at 2:08pm

Just purchased front row aisle behind the orch pit for tonight. 10% off code via theater mania. My mom has tickets for Saturday.  I was hoping to get some reviews of people on this board that had seen the actual performance, prior to the newspaper reviews. Boston Globe has not appeared to review it yet. Surprising.

Took the leap of faith since we enjoyed Shoshana in Wicked, and the seats were so good.

Updated On: 6/10/16 at 02:08 PM

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#11Has anyone seen Shoshana Bean in NSMT's FUNNY GIRL?
Posted: 8/24/16 at 3:12am

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but the search function yielded only this result for discussion on Shoshana Bean's performance in Funny Girl. How was she in the role, for those who saw it?

Men don't even belt.

Videos