News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Daniel2

Daniel2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Daniel2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Theatre Queen living in LA.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Big Hollywood: Obama has wrecked Broadway!!!
 Jul 15 2011, 06:11:56 PM
The commenters on this site almost all admit they've never seen any of these shows--but they're willing to judge them based on ignorance.
Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
 Jul 15 2011, 05:33:23 PM
When has actual lack of knowledge of a subject ever stopped anyone from posting their uninformed opionion on this site?
Big Hollywood: Obama has wrecked Broadway!!!
 Jul 15 2011, 05:19:44 PM
A stupid, lazy article. "Book of Mormon" is politically correct? Idiocy. "Yank" hasn't opened on Broadway and the name of the show is BILLY Elliott not "Billie". This writer seems to be equating "politically correct" with anything that isn't anti-gay. The sad thing on the comments section as well is that it just gave a lot of people the leeway to post stupid homophobic and racist things.
Do We Need Abs on Broadway?
 Oct 29 2010, 06:29:59 PM
Jesus.
God Bless, Patrick Wilson!
 Oct 26 2010, 07:24:12 PM
Great way to highjack a thread. Does anyone remember what the point was? Oh--Patrick Wilson.
MCC to produce Off-Broadway CARRIE revival in 2011-2012
 Oct 6 2010, 04:15:07 PM
Off Broadway is smart. I just don't see it being a success on Broadway but it might squeeze out a run in the village.
'Words of Wisdom' from Musicals/Plays
 Sep 13 2010, 04:42:10 PM
Nice is different than good.
Geoffrey Rush to play man-in-chair in Drowsy Chaperone film?
 Sep 13 2010, 02:19:45 PM
Don't know if this will ever happen but he's a good choice for the part.
Doesn't it bug you when...
 Sep 13 2010, 02:17:26 PM
We should let go of the OCR/Sountrack thing too. It's not important and it just makes you sound like a know it all prig.
The Book Of Mormon
 Sep 12 2010, 04:40:02 PM
As a gay ex-Mormon this sound's pretty great.
la cage - Lilly White Ass
 Sep 12 2010, 04:28:57 PM
She's great, and one of the best drag names ever.
Little House On The Prairie The Musical
 Sep 12 2010, 04:25:48 PM
I've never heard of this. If done well it's not a bad idea--though I'm always suspicious of shows featuring childen.
 Sep 12 2010, 04:23:31 PM
I think there are a lot more important things to get upset at.
Sigourney Weaver To Star As Gypsy Rose Lee?
 Sep 12 2010, 04:19:05 PM
I could totally see it. She's be great. She's funny and sexy just like Gypsy Rose Lee--but a better actress.
Naked GIRLS Singing
 Sep 12 2010, 04:15:53 PM
Mallardo, be honest, how many of your straight friends would want to go see that? I think more gay men would go than straight men.
Will we ever see SARA RAMIREZ back on Bway?
 Sep 12 2010, 04:12:27 PM
Most likely she has a contract on Grey's that will make it difficult for her to do any shows with any unlimited run. But, all the time she spends on Grey's will make her more of a draw. I'm sure she'll be back eventually. In the meantime I'd love it if she'd do some concerts or cabaret. I remember he doing a benefit after the actor's strike where she sang Meadowlark and it was possibly the best I've ever heard that difficult song sung.
Coco
 Sep 12 2010, 03:56:27 PM
I saw Ms. Marcovicci do this role in San Francisco and thought she was pretty amazing. I knew the OCR but didn't care for it much beyond it's camp aspects. I still don't think it's a great show but think everyone who can should see this because it's not going to be done much beyond this. It's fascinating to see it--if for no other reason the unconcsious homophobia on display. Chanel could be the subject of a great musical, but this ain't it. Nonetheless, it should be seen by anyone interest
Which Parade CD?
 Sep 10 2010, 07:44:08 PM
I'll have to get the Donmar because I love the score--but honestly, in my opinion, the less dialogue on an OCR the better. I get tired of hearing the dialogue over and over and just want to get to the song.
 Sep 10 2010, 05:34:53 PM
No, not especially.
When Will We See a Merrily Broadway Revival?
 Sep 10 2010, 05:34:07 PM
I have doubts about there being a Broadway revival of this show. As much as I like the score the book problems have never been solved--not just because it moves backwards. There is a problem at the center of the show in that you can't really figure out why everyone is so mad at Franklin Shephard and I've never seen this resolved in any of the revised scripts. The only way I could see this show coming back to Broadway is if a brilliant, scaled down version came from London or something like th
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You