ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#1Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 2:14pm

http://news.yahoo.com/broadway-mark-ny-gay-marriage-law-nuptials-222235647.html

Remember that time there was a guessing game of what show would showcase gay marriage proposals first? Looks like HAIR not only came in out of nowhere, but they're taking it one step further! After tonight's performance, several gay couples in the Broadway community will be married onstage.

I issue a resounding "You've got to be kidding me."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 2:20pm

It's not tonight. It's July 25th.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 2:23pm

"La publicité!"

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 2:40pm

The Broadway theater where "Hair" is being performed this summer will be the stage where some same-sex couples will be married on July 25, the day after gay marriage becomes legal in the state.

Exactly: July 25th NOT tonight (July 14th). My friend was right; reading comprehension is a missing gene in far too many people.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#4Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 2:51pm

The Broadway theater where "Hair" is being performed this summer will be the stage where some same-sex couples will be married on July 25, the day after gay marriage becomes legal in the state.

Exactly: July 25th NOT tonight (July 14th). My friend was right; reading comprehension is a missing gene in far too many people.

Pfft. It's not playing at the BROADWAY Theater, it's playing at the ST. JAMES theater! Silly geese.
Updated On: 7/14/11 at 02:51 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#5Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 3:11pm

"Pfft. It's not playing at the BROADWAY Theater, it's playing at the ST. JAMES theater! Silly geese."

If you read the sentence correctly and read the entire article, you would realize the first sentence is referring to BROADWAY as a whole, not a specific theatre. The St. James is identified later in the piece.

Reading comprehension is a lost art. Plus, most of the people on these boards just go trolling for mistakes so they can be snarky.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 3:16pm

So much bitchiness in only 5 posts! I love it!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#7Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 3:20pm

Is this a record, Jordan? lol

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

littlegreen2 Profile Photo
littlegreen2
#8Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 3:23pm

I think this is beautiful. Tacky? Maybe a little. But for those who have dedicated their lives to the arts, I think that this is a beautiful way to celebrate their new right.

I'm thinking about buying a ticket for this.

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand: Till we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land."

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 5:01pm

It's not tacky or out of the blue. The revival with Gavin, Rory and Jenny and company were the impetus of BROADWAY IMPACT. It is entirely appropriate to celebrate the passing of this law they worked so hard for. Anyone know what Bway couples will be saying I DO I DO? Chris and Kevin, perhaps?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 5:30pm

Cheyenne and his long-time partner, Monte:

Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#11Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 5:42pm

Getting married on stage after a Broadway musical? I'm sorry, not only is this the most APPROPRIATE thing ever, it's practically gay heaven. Love it.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#12Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 7:35pm

Bettyboy, you realize the reason I said what I did AND QUOTED BrodyFosse123 was that I was making fun of the OP and Brody's post about a lack of reading comprehension, right?

Duh, Hair's playing at the St. James. You have to have lived under a rock for the past 3 months to not have heard about the "Summer of Love 2011."
Updated On: 7/14/11 at 07:35 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#13Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 8:42pm

My mistake. Truth be told, didn't really read far past the initial announcement. No lack of reading comprehension here, thanks.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/14/11 at 8:54pm

"Truth be told, didn't really read far past the initial announcement. No lack of reading comprehension here, thanks"

Just a desire to form and express opinions without being fully informed and apprised of the content of the article. Thats much better. :)

Daniel2 Profile Photo
Daniel2
#15Tonight's Performance of HAIR Will Feature A Little Gay Marriage
Posted: 7/15/11 at 5:33pm

When has actual lack of knowledge of a subject ever stopped anyone from posting their uninformed opionion on this site?

Videos