News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LaneBryant

Member Name: LaneBryant
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Witness Uganda (a.k.a Invisible Thread) Cast Album
 Feb 13 2022, 03:33:25 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Interesting that it's something of a concept album with big names rather than a way of preserving the cast of a specific production. 

This actually is the majority of the LA 2019 cast. Cynthia is the only addition. That's the cast where all the new material came from. 

Why No DREAMGIRLS Yet?
 Feb 13 2022, 03:27:31 PM

Y'all, they did a workshop for the revival in 2019. Jailen Josey was indeed Effie, with Hailey Kilgore as Deena. The cast was all young, 20-something, talented as hell. A combo of finding the right theatre and timing halted it. Before you "who is your source" me to death, I was in the workshop. Carry on. 

BLACK NO MORE Musical premiering at the New Group in January 2022, with a buzzy creative team & cast
 Jan 21 2022, 01:37:33 AM

The music very much pulling inspiration from Hamilton with quite a lot of rap throughout.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! PLEASE google BLACK THOUGHT. The man who composed this show, and plays the Dr., is one of the ARCHITECTS of HIP HOP and RAP. He is absolutely of the most prolific rappers of our time. Lin was listening to Black Though while he was still in lyrical diapers. Inspiration from this show does not come from a show that made rap palatable for White people. Thi

Is there a list of the
 Jan 19 2022, 11:39:18 PM

barcelona20 said: "There are random rankings here and there, but everyone generally agrees on the "top" schools.

Just as long as we can all agree that these "top schools" all have "White" in common. And I wonder what criteria goes into making a school "top"....? As someone who spends a lot of time doing workshops and masterclasses with alum from these "top" schools, I can tell you that I spend most of my ti

Doreen Montalvo Mann Has a Stroke
 Oct 19 2020, 03:05:33 PM

"For those wondering about possible replacements, Pearl Sun read for Lundy at the first industry workshop last year, and Montalvo's understudies on B'way were Kaleigh Cronin and LaQuet Sharnell Pringle. Montalvo will be missed big-time."

The hell??? The lady wasn't even at the mortuary, and you wanna list the possible replacements......for a show that won't even open for 8 months.....maybe??? You could've left that part out.....nobody was won

The Music Man is up on the Marquee!!
 Sep 21 2020, 01:26:56 PM

Gross. That mess isn't opening in April. And after everything that's happening right now, after artists are fighting to make spaces more equitable and inclusive, and less racist and unsafe, nobody wants to mask up and risk catching Corona to watch that many White people do anything..... Do Better!!!!!!!

1st Annual Antonyo Awards
 Jun 21 2020, 02:10:17 PM

sparksatmidnight said: "the only thing I dislike about this is how they took the name of the woman that became synonymous with theatre excellency and desecrated into a man's name - and not even after a real person as far as I'm aware.

Theatre is very much a (white) boy's club (look at the shows "currently" open and see how many were written, directed or composed by a woman) and doing that to her name didn't sit right with me. Out of all the amazin

What shows will we never see again on broadway
 Jun 20 2020, 11:17:22 PM

All the ones with 27 white principals and all the actors of color thrown into the ensemble to create fake diversity and make White producers feel like they're doing something to keep their show from being protested.... aka Music Man and all of his friends....

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X
 Jun 12 2020, 12:52:37 AM

Sooooooo nobody saw this video calling out Rachel Chavkin? YIKES. This doesn't look good for her at ALL. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBR0FxbgJyE/

We need Caroline or Change right now.
 Jun 11 2020, 09:45:03 PM

Broadway61004 said: "Yes, it was technically written by a bunch of old white folks, but it's pretty widely known that George C. Wolfe and Hope Clarke, as well as Tonya Pinkins and a lot of the other cast, were very instrumental in developing the text through the rehearsal process. So this certainly was not a case of some white folks sitting down and writing a musical about the black experience with zero input from folks who actually lived through it."

AND THAT&#3

Griffin Matthews’ Post
 Jun 4 2020, 02:13:55 AM

GavestonPS said: "LaneBryant said: "What a freaking time to be alive! Black people and people of color have been silent for WAAAAAAAY too long. Broadway is one of the most racist environments to ever exist. It's why we laugh every time "diversity" or "inclusion" roll off of a tongue. It's a lie. BURN IT DOWN. The entire structure and institution should try again!"

(Emphasis added.) This has certainly been a we

Griffin Matthews’ Post
 Jun 1 2020, 07:38:57 PM

What a freaking time to be alive! Black people and people of color have been silent for WAAAAAAAY too long. Broadway is one of the most racist environments to ever exist. It's why we laugh every time "diversity" or "inclusion" roll off of a tongue. It's a lie. BURN IT DOWN. The entire structure and institution should try again! 

Griffin Matthews’ Post
 Jun 1 2020, 07:36:33 PM

https://www.facebook.com/griffin.matthews/videos/1015742440692148

This should take you to the video. 

Roles they DIDN'T get....
 May 14 2020, 05:11:58 PM

Anika Noni Rose was Lottie Gee in all the early workshops of "Shuffle Along" but chose to move on to do a pilot that was not picked up... and Audra shuffled right on in. 

India Arie was slated to play Nina Simone in "Soul Doctor" but couldn't make her schedule work (she had just released a new album and needed to tour and promote), which made way for Amber Iman to make her Broadway debut.

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021
 Apr 16 2020, 01:18:32 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "I like the concept, but I haven't heard of any of these performers. What are some shows they've done?"

Hey Alex - 

If you open another tab in your browser and head to google, you can type in their names and have your question answered in a jiffy!!! (read: You can't be serious. You have time. Look them up.)

Susan in company
 Nov 23 2019, 01:47:41 PM

Susan was Amber Iman (who moved on to Lempicka - smart choice), and she will be replaced by Rashidra Scott (currently in Ain't Too Proud).

You'll ask who my source is. The streets are my source, lol. Just wait for the announcement. 

The Wrong Man
 Sep 20 2019, 11:57:47 AM

Saw it. Did not like it. 

Let me explain: Gorgeous music for a "song cycle", lovely idea. But its over-produced, over choreographed, and It's trying way too hard. I hate when people want to make a show edgy, and instead of actually just telling the truth, and tapping into the core and the honesty of the story, they make it fake edgy. Lets put everyone in ripped jeans and cut off t-shirts and cornrows and strip down the set, and hunch our shoulders over

Public Theater 2019-2020
 May 29 2019, 11:22:30 PM

They're doing "For Colored Girls" - it's inclusive (Black, Latinx, Asian women). Rehearsals start in September. 

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
 May 27 2019, 11:53:32 PM

RippedMan said: "I kind of concur with what was said. I loved the “blackified” treatment by the actors. It made it current and fresh, but still told the story. 

Hello -

As a representative of the Blacks, I have a favor to ask. Please take the word "blackify" out of your vocabulary, and throw it in thee NEAREST trash can. That's disgusting. You cannot be serious. That is not a thing. We're just walking and breathing and being great

Marisa Tomei will lead THE ROSE TATTOO on Broadway This Fall
 May 22 2019, 12:03:44 AM

JoeyEvans1206 said: "Trip Cullman may be the most mediocre director consistently getting work on Broadway and first-rate non-profits. He always seems to miss the mark, especially when working with good material."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvCuIYpRgS/

You made it to Trip's Instagram page. He loves you! Congratulations!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You