News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VonTrappFamilySinger

VonTrappFamilySinger Profile Photo
Member Name: VonTrappFamilySinger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Saddest musical?
 Jul 26 2019, 11:08:01 PM

Ragtime, for sure. Especially since its storyline and themes continue to remain so prominent in our society. 

theatre podcasts hosted by women or people of color
 Jun 7 2019, 05:35:22 PM
Bottomless Broadway!
Musicals most people hated, but you liked
 May 22 2019, 11:51:32 AM
I actually really enjoyed It Shoulda Been You, and was surprised to hear that others didn’t like it. I thought the plot twist was surprising and fun.
Historical musicals
 Apr 8 2019, 11:39:44 PM

I'd recommend The Scottsboro Boys, Rags, Evita, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Pacific Overtures, and Fiorello!

Merrily We Roll Along Lottery
 Mar 31 2019, 09:22:59 PM
I won the Matinee lottery yesterday- Row L, seat 12. House right. Great show and view!
The Other Josh Cohen
 Nov 12 2018, 08:41:27 AM

karen24 said: "I saw this in Rochester at the Geva Theatre and liked it a lot. It’s funny and entertaining. I can’t say that any of the songs really stuck with me afterwards, but maybe I need to revisit them! I’m glad Steve Rosen made the transfer to NY as I thought he was great; it looks like the rest of the cast is different, though."

I left the theater thinking how much I loved "Neil Life" and "Samuel Cohen's Family Tree"&

The Other Josh Cohen
 Nov 11 2018, 11:22:12 AM

Has anyone else seen this show? I caught it earlier this week and can't stop thinking about it. It's such a delightful little show, with a great message and an extremely catchy score. There's a studio recording out with everyone from freaking Chita Rivera to Jenn Colella. Definitely recommend if you're looking for an Off-Broadway show to see!

calming broadway songs
 Nov 5 2018, 12:10:45 PM

"In Whatever Time We Have" from Children of Eden

Best/worst stage door experience?
 Oct 28 2018, 12:50:09 PM

In August after a Sunday performance of Hello, Dolly! I waited for Donna Murphy to come out for an hour. She was so gracious that we all had waited for her-- she said that she had about 40 friends coming to see her and that's what took so long! She took the time to speak with everyone and was so kind and humble. She is such a lovely human. Definitely worth the wait. 

Best understudy you've ever seen?
 Aug 8 2018, 11:22:52 PM

Shoba Narayan as Natasha from Great Comet. Absolutely blew me away. 

Good Parts of
 May 5 2016, 07:25:04 AM

The first ten or so minutes of the Lion King ('Circle of Life' are INCREDIBLE. After that it goes downhill. I was somewhat disappointed. 

Musical Suggestion - Modern and Catchy
 Feb 6 2016, 11:08:03 AM

It's not a "modern time period" being in the 1590s but I think the jokes and score are modern. It's also an original musical. I really can't recommend it enough. 

Musical Suggestion - Modern and Catchy
 Feb 6 2016, 09:09:48 AM

If you're looking for catchy music, I'd definfiely go with Something Rotten. I think the music is fantastic and the songs were definitely stuck in my head after the show :) 

Phantom Daily Digital Lottery!
 Jan 25 2016, 05:16:09 PM

Oh, and also it looks like An American in Paris is creating one as well.

Phantom Daily Digital Lottery!
 Jan 25 2016, 04:56:11 PM

Tomorrow, in honor of Phantom's 28th anniversary, they're creating a digital lottery! $28 tickets. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERA-to-Reach-28-Years-Tomorrow-Launches-Daily-Digital-Lottery-20160125

Lion king lottery?
 Jan 17 2016, 06:23:10 PM

Don't give up! It's definitely possible, and it seems all the people around me also won as well!

Lion king lottery?
 Jan 17 2016, 10:49:43 AM

Yes, I won on Friday! The tickets were the last row of the mezzanine, so row L. But considering it's a huge dance show, I thought the seats were great! 

Book Of Mormon Online Drawing Seating
 Jan 10 2016, 01:35:24 PM

I think she's just talking about the NY lottery specifically. If that's true then that's a bummer...especially since I live in Jersey but not that far away! 

Jan 9 2016, 06:51:41 PM

You have to be following the BOM account on Twitter, and when they make a tweet about the drawing, just retweet it! And if you win, they'll direct message you. 

Jan 9 2016, 06:00:56 PM

Oh yes I meant the Twitter lottery. Thank you :) 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You