News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayguy91

Member Name: broadwayguy91
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Acting heavy songs?  Feb 7 2017, 07:38:12 AM

something by Sondheim?

Bandstand Commercial  Feb 7 2017, 02:54:33 AM

Corey Cott looks really sexy in this. meooow!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/5/17  Feb 7 2017, 02:49:39 AM

RippedMan said: "Is Groban missing for illness? Seems like he's been out a lot. It's not a vocal demanding role, no? 

"

it actually is. Dust and Ashes is very much in his range, but some of Pierre's other songs require him to use a rougher tone that could be damaging if he doesn't take care of his voice properly.  His standby, Scott Stangland, has a rock tenor voice that is "built better" to withstand those rou

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Feb 6 2017, 08:38:12 PM

it would be a crime if Jamie Parker doesn't transfer with this IMO.

IMDb closing their message board, thoughts?  Feb 5 2017, 07:59:31 PM

Previously.tv is also a good site for TV series discussion (it was created after the closure of the forums of another popular site Television Without Pity). There is a movies discussion section but unless the film is very mainstream AND popular those threads will have between 2-15 replies.

Who Would Have Won the Tony if not for Cynthia Erivo?  Feb 4 2017, 08:51:39 PM

Cupid Boy2 said: "Whoever campaigned the most. 

"

HAHAHAH!

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 4 2017, 08:50:25 PM

obviously they're free to buy their own tix if they wish...

Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY  Feb 4 2017, 10:40:09 AM

somechrysanthemumtea said: "I actually thought they were very cute and sweet in the London iteration - they all seemed to really care for Charlie. 

"

that's good to hear. 

Who Would Have Won the Tony if not for Cynthia Erivo?  Feb 4 2017, 10:35:44 AM

Jessie. she and Cynthia were the only 2 nominees I felt who really connected with the material and gave honest, heartfelt performances.

Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY  Feb 4 2017, 08:34:08 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "So, I just read the website. Are the other grandparents seriously written out of the show?

"

honestly I wouldn't mind if that happened. i found them detestable, annoying and deplorable in the (first) novel, they wouldn't be missed. 

They got better when they got on the spaceship, but only by a little.

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 08:30:27 PM

CindersGolightly said: "I posted this a little earlier today, but do you think this will have any effect on a cast album?

"

I doubt it will,  if the producers wanted to record this cast for posterity, they would have already decided to do so regardless.

that being said... this production screams for a BroadwayHD filming. lol.

Riedel on Drabinsky yelling at Sousakzta rehersals  Feb 3 2017, 07:48:25 PM

@hoganshero : oh no doubt, that is what is happening lol.

ANASTASIA Casting Announced  Feb 3 2017, 07:11:54 PM

VintageSnarker said: "curel1 said: "
Because it's a poster advertising a musical and not an actual wanted poster? It may seem generically princess-y but to those who have no idea what Anastasia is about, this gives them an idea. The 'Missing" part itself is eye catching. especially if this is gonna be posted outside the theatre. It's also getting a great reception om social media."

I understand that but it's illogical. If y

Riedel on Drabinsky yelling at Sousakzta rehersals  Feb 3 2017, 11:18:40 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I wonder why the extraordinary folks involved in this show are working with Drabinsky at all, if he's such a bad-ethic businessman. Second chances perhaps? Or am I missing something?

"

apparently he's not technically a part of the company producing the show, even though he has some sort of control over the production. 

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 11:13:21 AM

who said they were gonna give up their tickets lol.

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 11:03:18 AM

please see a psychiatrist Skimbleshanks2, and worry more about Andy Karl and his incoming flop. #gurlbye

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 10:49:30 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "Do all eligible shows HAVE to give out free ticket to Tony voters? Or is it more of a "it's just how it goes" thing? Like I can imagine them still be "eligible" but just denying free tickets if it's really an economic issue. Or maybe that would cause tension between the producers and the tonys.

"

I imagine it's like the press (critics) getting comps to review the show. you're giving th

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 10:41:43 AM

GreenGables said: "broadwayguy91 said: "dianamorales said: "What the chance that they'll perform at the Tonys?? Wicked and Phantom werent up for anything a couple years ago either...

"

the show will be closed by then, I doubt they will perform

"

Maybe we should start a kickstarter...

"

lol

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 10:38:15 AM

dianamorales said: "What the chance that they'll perform at the Tonys?? Wicked and Phantom werent up for anything a couple years ago either...

"

the show will be closed by then, I doubt they will perform

I still find it silly. If selling tickets is such a huge concern.. they could have filmed the production and organized a private viewing party / parties for the Tony voters. there are ways to work around it.. 

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility  Feb 3 2017, 10:29:58 AM

little_sally said: "broadwayguy91 said: "sorry for asking, but it's actually feasible for this production to RECOUP in TEN WEEKS?!? ...I mean, really?

They've already said they don't expect to recoup.

"

ah ok. I didn'r read about that before. thanks for the info. but someone above mentioned that one of the reasons for withdrawing was most likely not lose potential ticket sales due to Tony

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You