News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dein Herr

Dein Herr Profile Photo
Member Name: Dein Herr
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: The beyotch is back.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Mountaintop - fwirst preview
 Sep 26 2011, 12:32:53 PM
Spoilers in my thoughts below:

I really liked it overall. Angela Bassett was great - her "preaching" on the bed stopped the show in a way that almost reminded me of Ellen Barkin's monologue in The Normal Heart. Samuel L. Jackson was less "flashy," but I thought it was a tempered, well-thought-out performance.

There was a woman outside after the show pitching something of a fit over the content of the play. I didn't find it disrespectful, and actually found it refreshing to

The Film STAR with Julie Andrews and Daniel Massey
 Sep 26 2011, 12:25:08 PM
The "Jenny" clip is one of my favorite rainy day Youtube clips. So much camp in one number!
AP's report on Spider-Man rehearsal
 Oct 6 2010, 11:02:55 AM
Looks like an AP reporter got into a Spider-Man rehearsal: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=11810070

One thing in the article that surprised me was that the theatre's seating capacity is now 1960. That's a big increase, isn't it?

Photo Flash: Lea Salonga Performs for BROADWAY BACKWARDS 5
 Mar 1 2010, 11:33:45 PM
She looks fabulous! I couldn't be more excited for her show at the Cafe Carlyle.
re: Some Thoughts on Rich/Sondheim Conversation
 Oct 27 2009, 11:37:54 PM
It's not the chat filter, it's that the word doesn't fit in the sentence unless "the" should be "to."
re: SHREK oushes release date for soundtrack farther!
 Feb 3 2009, 03:10:57 AM

re: Feb. 3rd marks three previews for musicals in NYC
 Feb 2 2009, 01:51:13 AM
I saw This Beautiful City during its run in DC this summer and really enjoyed it. I wouldn't call the structure standard, but it isn't too too experimental. Because of how the project was conceived (interviews with real people), it's more... reimagined vignettes, I suppose, from their interviews. It's not too off-putting or strange, but just different enough to make it interesting.
re: Jennifer Hudson's National Anthem
 Feb 2 2009, 12:31:26 AM
What duet? The performance was lip synced, but still fantastic.
re: BWW TV Stage Tube: New Andrew Lloyd Webber/Diane Warren Eurovision Song and Winner - 'It's My Time
 Feb 1 2009, 05:58:33 PM
It's Eurovision... it's kind of supposed to suck.
re: Patti LuPone overrated?
 Jan 31 2009, 01:51:37 AM
And the sh!t hits the fan in 3... 2... 1...
re: Man Smoking Bong on JERSEY BOYS Balcony
 Jan 29 2009, 09:33:50 PM
Wouldn't you?
re: The American Plan
 Jan 17 2009, 02:27:08 PM
*SPOILER*

Essentially the first act is about the courtship of Lili, a slightly odd and possibly mentally disturbed girl who lives with her mother across the lake from a resort in the Catskills, and Nick, a guest at the resort. The entire first act had me very entertained, as there are are all sorts of complications in their relationship (Nick has a girlfriend, Lili has to deal with that, Lili lies a lot, he has to deal with that, the mother discovers Nick has been lying, etc), but we le

The American Plan
 Jan 16 2009, 11:00:13 PM
Has anyone seen it yet? I caught tonight's performance (and so did everyone's favorite Brantley). I couldn't decide what I thought of it during the first act, but a few very hokey plot devices and some less than Tony-worthy acting in the second act had me leaving... less than satisfied, shall we say. I did very much like Lily Rabe in her role, though.

Anyone else?

re: Story of My Life Logo
 Jan 13 2009, 09:38:08 PM
Sounds familiar.
re: Little Night Music Benefit
 Jan 13 2009, 12:28:49 AM
Glad to hear great reports. I know TheActr97J was there as well, so I hope he'll give us his review too. I'd step directly on at least half a dozen assorted puppies and kittens if it meant bringing A Little Night Music back to Broadway, so... yay for rumors!
re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
 Jan 3 2009, 01:39:05 AM
I tried to discreetly mention to my roommate that Babs was right behind us, but all he heard was her name, so he responded with Gilda Radnor's "Hewwo, my name is Baba Wawa!" before turning around and seeing her directly behind him. She did the charitable thing and smiled instead of slapping him upside the head.
re: Taunting
 Dec 22 2008, 02:20:40 AM
Based on what you've posted, you should probably see the frickin' show before you start moaning.
re: Equus in 5 hilarious sentences...
 Dec 11 2008, 11:53:42 AM
Or as a limerick. Limericks can make anything funny!
re: Spiderman Musical
 Dec 10 2008, 04:57:47 PM
I don't know how I'd feel about this. I mean, if you go on that site and watch clips of ERW promoting Across the Universe, it's clear that she can sing, and I'd be more than happy to go see her on a Broadway stage. That said, she doesn't seem particularly Mary Jane-esque, whether they're going for something in the style of the movies or the comics. Who knows, though, she more than deserves a shot at the material.
re: IN THE HEIGHTS - who signed my window card?
 Dec 7 2008, 07:01:26 AM
That's all well and good, sweetie, but with a face like that, who's ever going to get close enough to find that out?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You