CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/2/09 at 11:14pm

I saw LIZA'S AT THE PALACE tonight, and who was in the audience?

Chita!

Barbara Walters was there, too, but people didn't seem to be paying much attention to her. They were more focused on Chita.

Liza was INCREDIBLE, and her homage to Chita was all the more meaningful with Chita sitting a few rows down from the front.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/2/09 at 11:17pm

Wow. I wish I was there for that.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/2/09 at 11:29pm

bu huh Cheets... I love you!...

Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/2/09 at 11:55pm

People were walking right past Barbara Walters like she didn't exist and going up to Chita. It was pretty funny.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:20am

Did she announce Chita was there during the CHCAGO segment.. or right before NEW YORK NEW YORK when she usually announces guests.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#5re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:23am

Oh Gosh! Why wasn't I there? I love Chita. The woman needs to come back to Broadway.

Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:26am

She didn't announce Chita was there during the Chita segment.

Or at all.

-Kad

Updated On: 1/3/09 at 12:26 AM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#7re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:29am

She said Bloomberg was in the audience the night I was there. He got a standing ovation.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:29am

Wow. Did she announce Barbara?

Wanna Be A Foster
#9re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:31am

No.

Liza probably asked Chita in advance if she wanted to be announced, but I'm guessing Chita wanted the focus to remain on Liza.

And if she wasn't going to announce Chita, she certainly wasn't going to mention that hag Babs.

-Kad

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#10re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:36am

Yeah. Good point. I guess the guests are asked if they would like to be announced.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#11re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 12:37am

"And now ladieshhh and gshentlemen, I'd like to announcshe a woman who really ought to retire, y'know what I mean? Missh Barbara Waltersh!"

Dein Herr
#12re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 1:39am

I tried to discreetly mention to my roommate that Babs was right behind us, but all he heard was her name, so he responded with Gilda Radnor's "Hewwo, my name is Baba Wawa!" before turning around and seeing her directly behind him. She did the charitable thing and smiled instead of slapping him upside the head.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#13re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 2:23am

He didn't really, did he?!

Priceless.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

LadyRosecoe
#14re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 3:35am

I was in attendance and it was very touching how much praise she was heaping onto Chita. Just splendid re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!

As for the show, it is worth seeing for "New York, New York," although the night itself didn't live up to all of the hype it had going for it in my opinion. Still glad to have gone though, despite whatever expectations I had going in.

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#15re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 3:37am

Doris Roberts was there when I saw it.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

COOOOLkid
#16re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:16pm

I tried to discreetly mention to my roommate that Babs was right behind us, but all he heard was her name, so he responded with Gilda Radnor's "Hewwo, my name is Baba Wawa!" before turning around and seeing her directly behind him. She did the charitable thing and smiled instead of slapping him upside the head.

<3!!!

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#17re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:19pm

Not-Scott, that sounds like a prime entry for the 'foot-in-mouth' thread.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/5/09 at 8:58am

re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Stars Backstage With Liza At The Palace

-Kad

Usnavi Profile Photo
Usnavi
#19re: CHITA'S AT THE PALACE...!
Posted: 1/5/09 at 10:47am

God, all that BLACK!! Are they headed to a funeral?