News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ann_Margrock

Ann_Margrock Profile Photo
Member Name: Ann_Margrock
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Two Versions of RENT Movie Soundtrack?  Sep 4 2005, 08:42:02 PM
Hi WiCkEDrOcKS,

The Tune Ups, Voice Mails, Contact, We're Okay, Christmas Bells, Happy New Year A and B and several other bits and pieces that were sung and led into actual songs in the original stage version of RENT have all been cut for the movie version.

re: Broadway Stars in Movies  Jul 4 2005, 03:37:53 PM
Why are you guys segregating performers as being *just* Broadway actors or *just* being movie actors? Actors are actors and they're free to work in whatever medium they choose whether it be television, stage or screen. That's the wonderful thing about being an actor, you don't have to be pigeonholed into doing just one.

It really is no big deal.

re: Thoughts about FIRST WIVES CLUB Musical Composing Team  Jul 4 2005, 03:28:26 PM
Holland-Dozier-Holland were famous for writing those "you-love-me-then-did-me-wrong-and-now-you've-left-me-all-alone" type love songs that fit so well with this show [especialy the ones thay penned for the Supremes]:

"Where Did Our Love Go"
"Reflections"
"You Keep Me Hangin' On"
"Love Is Here And Now You're Gone"

...to name but a few

re: Producers Trailer  Jul 1 2005, 04:26:27 PM
Specualtion from where or who? You?

re: What was the BEST directed West Side Story and why?  Jun 30 2005, 05:17:03 PM
Interesting, I was just watching my "Little Mermaid" DVD yesterday....
re: FIDDLER ON THE ROOF - A discussion of the film and musical  Jun 30 2005, 05:15:56 PM
Beaverhausen I am loving your observations on the show. I am going to get better acquainted with it.
re: What was the BEST directed West Side Story and why?  Jun 30 2005, 05:02:40 PM
That is quite an impressive set.
I love Robbins original concept and staging but I'm open to new interpretations...

re: FIDDLER ON THE ROOF - A discussion of the film and musical  Jun 30 2005, 04:41:24 PM
Hehe........(Paul) Michael Glaser played "Perchik" the role that Bert Convy originated in the original Brodway production.
I've just learned that Beatrice (Bea) Arthur was also part of the OBC.
Life is great when you learn something new everyday!

re: FIDDLER ON THE ROOF - A discussion of the film and musical  Jun 30 2005, 04:37:56 PM
Interesting observations Capn. I can't help you either way because I've never seen it on stage and I've never seen the film. Your post is now peaking my interest in actually renting the film.

The only things I know about "Fiddler" are some of the songs. That Zero Mostel originated the role of "Tevye", that Topol essayed the role in the film, that Bette Midler replaced one of the actresses that played one of the daughters, that Juila Migenes (Johnson) was also in the original productio

re: What was the BEST directed West Side Story and why?  Jun 30 2005, 04:27:11 PM
Akiva,
What is the Bergenz Festival?
What were the sets like?

I've only seen one other production of "West Side Story" aside from the legendary 1961 motion picture and that was the 1981 revival at the Minskoff.

re: Sisters  Jun 30 2005, 03:38:31 PM
Why did they get Walter Matthau to be Streisand's leading man in "Dolly" talk about "Odd Couple"....LOL!
re: NY Times and Kelli O'Hara  Jun 30 2005, 02:55:15 PM
"I agree with nomdeplume. I wish people would just be honest with themselves and others instead of pretending to be PC so they can sleep at night.

YES! YES! YES! That is exactly it. Some people just try too hard to be so self righteous and sanctomonius, pius (sp) and holier-than-thou...

re: The most catchy broadway song ever...  Jun 30 2005, 11:40:59 AM
Some tuners that wind up on perpetual re-play in my fragile little head:

Side by Side - Sondheim
You Could Drive A Person Crazy - Company
Turkey Lurkey Time - Promises, Promises
Another Hundred People - Company
Money, Money - Cabaret
Jellicle Song - Cats (this one's the worst)
One - A Chorus Line ("loaded with charisma, isma, suantering, jauntering, ambling, shambeler....ugh! make it stooooop!!!)
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Sherman Brothers
Chim Chim Cheree

re: NY Times and Kelli O'Hara  Jun 30 2005, 11:32:12 AM
Well put redhot! Some people do know how to seperate their love for a show from the actual performers in it.
re: Who is your favorite orginal cast member of RENT?  Jun 29 2005, 07:00:19 PM
You're right Tennessee and I apologize for coming off the way i did on my last post. :: WAVES WHITE FLAG :: :: RELEASES DOVES ::

re: Disney Presents Tarzan - What an EGO!  Jun 29 2005, 06:54:51 PM
Oh boo-hoo big deal. Again, why is this even an issue.....
re: Orfeh's Moving to a TRAILER PARK!  Jun 29 2005, 06:53:26 PM
I'll double that WOW and add that I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of Orfeh's

Go Orfeh! And congratulations!

:: Pops in "If I Can't Have You" as performed by ORFEH - SNF OBC ::

re: Who is your favorite orginal cast member of RENT?  Jun 29 2005, 06:29:06 PM
I saw the original productionS. The NYTW production downtown and the Broadway production so I know what I'm talking about.

If the RENT threads bother you so much why even open them. Are you some sort of masochist or glutton for punishment?

So yea.........Daphne Rubin-Vega.

Adam's second, Anthony's third with Idina close behind. Then Jesse, Wilson and last but not least Fredi. Special cameo in my heart by the Seasons of love soloist.

EDIT: ugh

re: Disney Presents Tarzan - What an EGO!  Jun 29 2005, 06:27:01 PM
LOL. I can't believe this is even an issue.

re: Who is your favorite orginal cast member of RENT?  Jun 29 2005, 06:24:57 PM
Daphne Rubin-Vega
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You