pixeltracker

The most catchy broadway song ever...

The most catchy broadway song ever...

BabyJohn Profile Photo
BabyJohn
#0The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:19pm

What's thesong you can't get out of your head after months even years...

Seussical- Thinks you can Think
Mamma Mia- Mamma Mia!

KRISTEN CHENOWETH To show my gratitude, I'll offer you this pointy black hat, which is just like the one Original Wicked Witch Margaret Hamilton wore in the movie! IDINA MENZEL What a great idea! How about throughout the play, you continue to offer me things like a black cloak, or a black cape, or a broom to make me look more and more like Margaret Hamilton did! These attempts at humor will be painfully predictable from a mile away! AUDIENCE collectively groans.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#1re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:23pm

"Seventy-Six Trombones" is one of the catchiest songs ever. It never leaves your head. Especially when you want it to.

~Steven

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#2re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:25pm

money money money-cabaret
shakalaka baby-bombay dreams
salaam bombay-bombay dreams

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#3re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:28pm

You Can't Stop the Beat - Hairspray
What Is This Feeling? - Wicked

Not much of a selection, but I can NEVER get these songs out of my head.

This is my signature.

wicked4good2 Profile Photo
wicked4good2
#4re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:34pm

footloose - footloose

"It is a curious thought, but it's only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#5re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:46pm

Master of the House - see Seinfeld.

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#6re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:48pm

We both reached for the Gun- Chicago

just did a tap number to this last Saturday and we had to sing too, so it has been stuck in my head all year. haha. just starting to leave my head now

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#7re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:02pm

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!...perhaps its not catchy but it is certainly persistant...

Snaps
#8re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:07pm

I think I'm going to have to second 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang;' once I hear it, it takes days to stop humming it.

"Bangarang, Rufio!" --Hook

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#10re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:15pm

I second "you can't stop the beat", gotta love it!

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#11re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:18pm

Tea for Two!

Picture you upon my knee
Just tea for two
And two for tea...

ForTheLoveOfLea Profile Photo
ForTheLoveOfLea
#12re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:20pm

You are so right Thenardier. . . Master of the House all the way.

Thou giveth fever.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#13re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:22pm

a wild, wild party for lippa's wild party is rather catchy although its technically off broadway

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

apdarcey
#14re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:23pm

immediate thought i had was you can't stop the beat.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#15re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:28pm

I cannot get Say It Somehow out of my head. From Piazza.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

filmgirl325 Profile Photo
filmgirl325
#16re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:30pm

"Everyone's a Little Bit Racist"--Avenue Q...yeah it's not the best song to be singing when you're walking down the aisle at the grocery store...but I always hum it anyways.

"It's the smile you smile that counts, happy thoughts in large amounts, any problem you can trounce, you can bounce right back."--Donald O'Connor

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#17re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:31pm

I never heard or saw Chitty until today, when I watched my DVD which I owned for a year but never opened.

"Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" got stuck in my head and has been in there all day - and I don't know the damned lyrics!

I think the Sherman brothers are the song-writing teams best known for stuck-in-your-head showtunes.

"Supercalifragulisticexpealidious" or however its spelled, and "Chitty."

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

hypertruffle
#18re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:53pm

I still have 'Merrily We Roll Along (1980)/ Rich and Happy' stuck in my head. Also 'Pandemonium' and 'I Speak Six Languages' is quite catchy as well. Avenue Q has a catchy score.

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

liz328
#19re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/30/05 at 12:12am

As far as my personal experience, "Master of the House" is unbelievably catchy. I was singing that song for weeks after the show and I still don't even know the words...but the tune...whoa. That sticks.

Also, on behalf of my friend, I second "Shakalaka Baby." She was singing it for months and we never even saw the show. Just walked past the theatre where they blared it during the day.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#20re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/30/05 at 12:32am

Ugh. I almost always have a showtune stuck in my head.

"Lonely Goatherd" from 'The Sound of Music' is one of those that stays for days...
"Wrong Note Rag" from 'Wonderful Town'... always. Ugh.
Most of 'Avenue Q' is pretty catchy.
"Popular" is one of those that you can listen to once, and three hours later you're banging your head against the wall, trying to get the "Laaa laa, laaa laaa"s out. Or is that just me?

There's gotta be more...

WishfulThinker Profile Photo
WishfulThinker
#21re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/30/05 at 12:46am

I was originally thinking "Popular" from Wicked until I saw that someone had said "Seventy-Six Trombones" and it imediately started running through my head. That song stays in my head for days and days and days. I constantly find myself singing the words out loud, despite the fact that I don't know what comes after the coronet part.

LightMyCandle Profile Photo
LightMyCandle
#22re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/30/05 at 12:59am

I third 'You Can't Stop The Beat.'

I would hum that thing for days after hearing it. It was much more fun when I finally learned the words. Damn, I love that show.

OOO. 'Shakalakakakalakalkaalkalka Baby' sticks around, unfortunately, really easily too. Oh, Miss Tamyra Gray. Lordy.

i'm a tough act to follow because when i'm done i take the microphone with me.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#23re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/30/05 at 1:06am

I'm going to add "La Vie Boheme" to the list.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#24re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
Posted: 6/30/05 at 1:13am

You Can't Stop The Beat and What Is This Feeling? were the first two I thought of, but I agree with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

Videos