News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hamiltonboys

Member Name: hamiltonboys
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Muny's 106th Season will present WAITRESS, HEIGHTS, and more in 2024  Nov 2 2023, 04:26:13 PM

I mean, the reactions on social media seem to be a lot more positive than last year's lineup.

They do a Disney show every year at this point, and for obvious reasons, it gets more kids in the door than any other show, and they're able to sell 2 extra shows worth of tickets because of demand. Little Mermaid was up next in the Disney rotation, so I was predicting it'd be in the lineup. 

Fiddler is the main one I feel could have been saved for a few years from now.

2023-2024 Touring Season  Mar 14 2023, 10:36:25 PM

The Fabulous Fox in St. Louis reveals its lineup on Thursday, and have been dropping clues on social media, some obvious, some tricky. So far it looks like:

• Beetlejuice (green photo with "haunting" )
  • Doubtfire (blue photo with "heartfelt" )
  • Tina (gold photo with "legendary" )
  • Moulin Rouge (dark red photo with "spectacular" )
  • MJ (red photo with "exhilarating" )
  • Company (purple photo with "
Boleyn Tour  Feb 1 2023, 01:44:40 AM

I was fortunate to see the show twice in St. Louis. Last week I had pre-purchased tickets (rear balcony), and then today I won the lottery (row G side orchestra!). The cast is phenomenal, and I got the chance to see both Cecilia Snow and Gerianne Perez as Catherine of Aragon, as Snow was the alternate while Perez was out with covid until today. Special shoutout to Amina Faye as Seymour, what a voice! 

Legally Blonde Revival  Aug 2 2022, 12:24:39 PM

I had the pleasure of seeing the Muny production. Every cast member was great, and the director made some fun changes (such as the marching band at Harvard being replaced by a fashion show display). It honestly was the most fun I've had with a show at the Muny.

It's not a perfect show by any means, but a lot of the score is fantastic (Gay or European is a modern classic). It's a defining musical for Gen Z, who were raised on the show through school/community productions. In

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 12 2022, 01:30:40 AM

Jane retweeted the announcement of Lea. Not that that confirms that they're besties or anything, but if she truly hated Lea's guts she wouldn't be promoting her on social media.

The Karate Kid - PreBroadway in St. Louis Reactions  Jun 23 2022, 04:30:40 PM

The first things she loved were the score and the opening number... very interesting lol

The Karate Kid - PreBroadway in St. Louis Reactions  Jun 23 2022, 10:10:40 AM

Despite how great Kate is, I felt the mom role in general was too expanded. Giving her the opening number was a bit of a bizarre choice. Her song in the second act really slowed down the pace.

I thought the karate scenes at Cobra Kai and in the tournament were done really well. The first few times Daniel got beat up by Johnny, on the other hand, didn't work as well and ended up being more comedic than intended.

The Karate Kid - PreBroadway in St. Louis Reactions  Jun 22 2022, 11:54:58 PM

Saw this tonight! First off, STAGES new theater is absolutely gorgeous.

The show itself was fun! The actors, set, and choreography were all Broadway ready. I really enjoyed the direction- the scene transitions were all very smooth. As stated by others, the songs need some work, though. I think that will be its biggest hurdle towards longevity if it does make it to Broadway. 

Also, it's not advertised anywhere, but there is a rush! Students can get up to 2 tickets for $1

New Aladdin Movie Trailer  Mar 12 2019, 02:58:08 PM

This trailer is definitely a lot better than the teasers. I'm fine with Jafar, because a live-action 50 year old hitting on a teenage princess wouldn't go over well in 2019. He still could be a bit more menacing though, but I'll save my judgments for the film. My other main gripe is the lighting. Some of the scenes look cheap, almost soap opera level. Then you have shots like Jasmine with the rose petals falling around her that looks stunning.

2019-2020 Touring Season  Feb 20 2019, 01:16:22 PM

Has the Spongebob tour already been cast? The OKC website has a photo of new actors for Spongebob and Sandy. They're also pictured on the set, but I doubt they've already started rehearsal. https://www.okcbroadway.com/spongebob

2019-2020 Touring Season  Jan 27 2019, 05:09:30 PM

Not really surprised, but a little disheartened that the Spongebob tour doesn't seem to be happening. It's weird that whoever is in charge of the social media for the show continues to tweet about an upcoming tour.

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Oct 29 2018, 12:26:37 AM

Pardon to interrupt the discussion about casting, but I'm just curious if Warner Bros is actually planning on the film turning a profit? I know Lin is really "in" right now, but In the Heights is not nearly as well-known as Hamilton is. They paid $50 million for the rights, and I don't see the production budget coming in at any less than $70 million. The film would need to make more than $300 million at the box office to break even. 

Then again, most of Warne

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2018-2019 Season  Sep 23 2018, 10:51:14 PM

I love The Prom's artwork too. Nice mix of modern/classic art styles.

The problem with Spongebob  Aug 26 2018, 04:10:48 AM
I ended up seeing Spongebob a few weeks ago. I was a huge fan of the show growing up, and I’ve been listening to the cast recording since it came out.

The show itself was as fun as I thought it’d be. The crowd was probably the most enthusiastic I’ve ever seen on Broadway (I think even more so then the crowd was when I was at Hamilton).

The set was amazing- glad it was honored at the Tonys. Especially the volcano of boxes and ladders. The book was hilarious- jammed full of refer

Thursday Matinees  Jul 31 2018, 12:50:18 AM

Hello all,

I'm only in NYC from August 8-10, so I'm looking to see a Thursday matinee on August 9. Phantom really isn't my favorite show so I'm looking for off-Broadway recommendations

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 09:17:13 PM
Doesn't look like any original musical other than The Band's Visit will win an award tonight
FROZEN cast performs on GMA  Jun 1 2018, 12:42:37 AM
I think the set design is great and I'm not sure an actual huge castle is needed... but man that staging is awful. Elsa's supposed to be building this castle with her ice powers, but instead she just stands there and the ice curtain just appears behind her? If you hadn't seen the movie, you would have no clue that she created the castle by watching the stage version.

Also, why is a 50 year old playing teenage Anna? Her singing was fine to me but she's way too old.

SPONGEBOB Reviews  Dec 5 2017, 02:27:07 PM
Chicago Tribune: "Sponges lack nervous systems. Just as well. Broadway — where the hooks can come out — is no Bikini Bottom when it comes to hosting an optimistic porifera best known as a kids cable television brand, an animated star now bobbing dangerously close to irrelevance in cultural waters that flow far too quickly for a simple sponge to survive with impunity merely by singing out to Squidward Q. Tentacles, Patrick Star and Sandy Cheeks that this is the best day, ever."

I can't e

THE GREATEST SHOWMAN  Jun 29 2017, 12:50:06 AM

Not thrilled by the trailer. The song is extremely generic pop, although sung well, it's almost like the big finale to a Disney Channel movie. "Look out cuz here I come, marching to the beat of my own drum" is the most cliche line I've ever heard. I loved Pasek & Paul's work on La La Land but the rest of their stuff doesn't really wow me.

For some reason I was expecting a somewhat artsy, sophisticated Oscar contender. The trailer really isn't giving me

THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2017, 10:26:50 PM

I was texting my dad throughout the ceremony as he is planning his honeymoon to NYC in September. He already has Come from Away tickets. I told him that Great Comet might interest him and didn't receive a response after they performed, but he was impressed with Bandstand (which doesn't surprise me as he loved American in Paris which is also dance-heavy and old-fashioned). 

I really do think Bandstand's performance will help them survive until the fall at least.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You