News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sammytravels

Member Name: Sammytravels
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seeing every possible person play a role in a production  Aug 13 2018, 09:56:55 PM
Seeing “Something Rotten” 16 Times, I managed to see all 4 Shakespeare’s -Borle, Chase, Sciotto and Pascal. I would rate them in that order too!

I saw both Nick and Nigel Bottems and 2 Beas (as well as 2 understudies for each role)

I saw one actor - David Hibbard play his 4 understudy leads as well as his regular ensemble track.

I think if the show has still be on, I’d have continued to watch it!!

Casey Nicholaw Most shows at once?  May 6 2018, 12:49:43 AM
When Something Rotten and Tuck Everlasting were playing alongside Aladdin and B.O.M, I believe (could be wrong) at the time, that was a record. So if he has 5 shows playing, then that certainly would be a record too.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/17  Aug 8 2017, 01:39:42 AM

just thinking back to the last couple of seasons, a few new shows closed really early -Disaster, American Pyscho and Tuck everlasting didn't even make 100 performances and Allegience just scrapped past.

Far from an expert as to why that was the case, but to me it seems there are always hits and those that are not (sadly) 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/17  Jul 24 2017, 04:33:30 PM

Maybe the wrong place to ask, but how much does Hamilton Chicago take each week? 

Most Vocally Demanding Roles  Jun 28 2017, 11:27:14 AM

Another non singer here, so no knowledge of techniques, but listening to Marisha Wallace at west end live just week as Effie (she is an understudy) surely that role must have some effect on the actresses?

Did Jennifer Holliday ever have any damage?

Funnily enough Marisha did have to work on damage herself from when she was younger, and in a recent interview she said that she has been singing "and I'm telling you" all her life.   

Choreographers, Costumers etc... for new shows  Jun 20 2017, 03:34:03 AM

When a new show is devised, how do the roles of the artistic elements of the show get chosen?

Do these people have to do a storyboard or present work and the best person is then chosen, or do people tend to work with people they have before, or those who've won accolades for previous productions?

Choreographers, Costumers etc... for new shows  Jun 20 2017, 03:34:03 AM

When a new show is devised, how do the roles of the artistic elements of the show get chosen?

Do these people have to do a storyboard or present work and the best person is then chosen, or do people tend to work with people they have before, or those who've won accolades for previous productions?

Groundhog Day Rush  Apr 11 2017, 05:20:56 PM

I rushed last Wednesday. Got to the theatre about 11am and got second row orchestra, seat 9. This was the end seat of the row. 

The view was somewhat restrictive for limited scenes, but I saw everything, with a little head manouver. I actually got to see a lot of action going on in the stage right wings- I'm very nosey, so liked that! 

There was a family sat next to me who had pre booked their tickets. I paid $39 they paid $90 per ticket. Being only one s

Buying last minute tickets  Jan 7 2017, 08:22:40 PM

I know they're the least popular shows, but I'm hoping they'll be the easiest and cheapest to see. Wanna try and see as many shows as possible this year- I know,there will be the good, the bad and the ugly, it all about the experience for me. 

Buying last minute tickets  Jan 7 2017, 07:56:54 PM

Thank you all for your replies. Very helpful :)

I'll be getting into Manhattan for about 1.15pm so won't have much time to to choose to get the best deal. I think I've decided on Holiday inn and In-Tranist, mainly as the former is closing soon and the latter very likely could be too. 

So what is the best option for gettin tickets to these? 

Buying last minute tickets  Jan 6 2017, 08:10:09 PM

I'll be in the city next Wednesday for about 17 hrs. I would like to see both a matinee and an evening show. Not bothered what I see or where I sit, I just want to watch musicals and get the cheapest prices I can get.

Will it be cheaper to by from the box office or the TKTS booth in Times Square? The upside of TKTS would be a multitude of shows to choose from, as opposed to the box office of one particular theatre. Are there any shows that anyone knows of th

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11/16  Dec 13 2016, 01:34:01 AM

Something Rotten isn't having the the great last few weeks as I hoped. Only In-Transit had a lower percentage of gross potential for a musical. 

Something rotten stage door question?  Nov 14 2016, 05:03:20 AM

I tend to only go to the matinee performermances due to my job. I've been to 8 SR maitainees and all occasions, some of the cast have come out.

Most recently on a Saturday matinee, a majority of the principles  did stage door signing, and the ensemble regulars who ALWAYS come out (Beth Nicely, Tari Kelly and Aaron Kubarick)

so definitely hang around, you'll see at least some of the cast :) 

How Much Longer Does SOMETHING ROTTEN! Have?  Sep 16 2016, 06:45:28 PM

Maybe they'll bring someone else in for the final 3 months. I'd love Eric Sciotto (the understudy) to take over full time until the end :)

How Much Longer Does SOMETHING ROTTEN! Have?  Sep 14 2016, 03:51:19 AM

Will Chase is missing a hell of a lot of shows, considering his stint is only for 3 months. I follow 2 of his understudies on Instagram and they've been on a couple of times each in the last 2 weeks. 

I know the show hasn't been performing well in the last few months at all, but maybe people who bought tickets to see him specifically (Nashville fans) are getting refunds when he is out, adding to the poor sales? 

Remnants of former theatre found underneath old toy's R us store  Jul 28 2016, 10:07:43 AM

How depressing that it is now going to be a Gap/Old Navy store. We need more of these don't we? Tsk tsk

Which cast recording are you currently listening to on repeat?  Jul 25 2016, 04:23:22 PM

Something Rotten. I have listened to it almost everyday for a year and I still love it. Welcome To The Renaissance being my favourite. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/17/16  Jul 21 2016, 06:18:08 PM

HogansHero said: "

Sammy you have the basic concept, recognizing that there are a variety of exceptions possible. One other thing to bear in mind is that the reported grosses are "gross grosses" meaning that fees such as credit card and ticketing fees and the like come off before it hits the production's bank account. So as a rule of thumb, cut them by 10% before doing the math.

"

Thanks Hogan. I knew it would be a little

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/17/16  Jul 21 2016, 11:57:13 AM

So without sounding ignorant and dumb, can someone tell me I'm right in thinking this is how recouping actually works?

If a show costs $10 Million to get off the ground, has a weekly cost of $700k a week, ans is roughly bringing in $1 Million a week, would the following actually be about right?

if you take out the running costs, that leaves $300k a week, which to recoup the £10 Million, would take 33 weeks. Only after that, they would make a prof

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/17/16  Jul 19 2016, 04:38:42 PM

How much is Something Rotten's weekly cost? And gave they recouped yet?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You