News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hannhannham

Member Name: hannhannham
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Jan 24 2022, 11:02:09 AM

It's not that she's "unmemorable," she was wonderful! it's just not a powerhouse role that we're used to seeing Sutton (Reno, Millie, etc). Compared to those roles, she is certainly underused. Compared to Harold, Marian is secondary character, IMO, which is the nature of the show. 

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Jan 23 2022, 07:04:17 PM

Saw this Wednesday evening from center orchestra after rushing....and I absolutely loved it! This show was set up for me to *not* enjoy it - I mostly go for modern, original musicals, especially ones that have a high song count. I also appreciate a hefty plot (TMM plot is fairly thin, for what it is). 

That being said, absolutely everything about this production worked for me. Hugh and Sutton are doing an incredible job, as is the rest of the cast. Easily some of the finest child

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 19 2022, 01:27:05 PM

Rush ticket prices for this show are always $49 per ticket, which is what we paid! 

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 19 2022, 12:06:49 PM

Happy to update everyone as I rushed this morning! My partner and I arrived shortly after 7 am, hoping to score two tickets each for the evening show. We were 12th and 13th in line. 

I did not talk to the first person in line, however, I did overhear number 7/8 telling the box office they got there at 6:30, so seems like between 6:30 and 7 is when quite a few people showed up. Today was also one of the warmer mornings we've had and probably will have for the next couple of wee

Music Man Rush Line.  Dec 21 2021, 09:41:11 AM

Good luck and appreciate the report! Would love to hear how many total tickets they release if you’re able to find out !

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 12 2020, 10:52:22 AM
I have to say I’m a bit bummed. Was really looking forward to watching this in a theater with a group of friends. Now I’ll be watching alone in my apartment on my tiny ass TV. not really the same experience I was hoping for. Oh well, happy for all those who have never seen Hamilton.
The Official TDF Thread  Mar 5 2020, 09:27:45 AM

Got incredibly lucky last week when TDF had Company up for ~10 minutes. Not sure if it will be up again (one can hope!) but wanted to share where my seats were. 

I had a party of 6, and have never ordered more than 3 TDF tickets at once so I was really nervous about where we'd be seated, but amazingly we were left orchestra, split into a group of 4 and 2 seats, rows L and M, seats 9 - 15. 

Go see the show! TDF or otherwise. 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 10:40:06 PM

Sorry I mean In the Heights has significantly more songs than book scenes compared with most musicals. It seems almostsung-through to me, with book scenes sprinkled around.

Also, I'm not saying that being Latinx in the United States is NOT a political matter in itself, but the material does not seem to callfor nor support the very approach the movie is taking, which might feel heavy-handed if the nuances and complexity of the subject matter are not addressed with caution an

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 09:54:34 PM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Personally, I'm concerned. It seems to me that the director or whoever comes up with the script does not trust the material and adds so many book scenes in a supposedly sung-through musical to make it "relevant." If it's not done well, the relevancy can easily seem forcedand preachy. Also, from what the trailer shows, it looks too clean, too spacious that it loses the special kind of intimacy, messiness, homeyness, and the heady mixture of al

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery  Oct 27 2019, 02:24:58 PM
Truly, I think it’s a crap shoot. I’ve tried 11 times now with no win, at every possible curtain time (except for Wednesday matinee), and in pouring rain as well. It might be smaller crowds with Gideon, that’s true! Maybe I have horrible luck but personally I haven’t found a way to beat the odds. Wishing you luck!!!!
Shows with easy rushes/SRO?  Sep 12 2019, 10:21:12 AM

Not sure if this is a one off case or what, but my friend was in town this weekend and rushed Mean Girls for the Sunday matinee. She showed up at 11:55 (box office opens at 12) and was still able to get two center orch tickets. 

The Official TDF Thread  Jun 6 2019, 02:28:46 PM

I just snagged an Oklahoma for tonight, thank you moira8!!!!!!!

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jun 6 2019, 01:36:28 PM

haterobics said: 
You can't sort out the difference between someone buying tickets they will use, and someone buying a ticket to resell at a higher price?!"

It's not like scalpers who buy them in hopes that someone will pay a ridiculous mark up fee - this is a ticket that someone is intending to use, and are basically reimbursing the buyer for their labor of waiting in line. 

I just don't think it warrants such an egregious

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jun 6 2019, 10:21:06 AM

JBroadway said: 

I feel like I pre-emptively addressed your point pretty clearly in my earlier post, but I’ll try again:

I understand perfectly that it’s ALLOWED. But just because something is allowed doesn’t automatically prevent it from beingdisrespectful and/or unethical.

And regardless of what mindset you go into a rush with, the fact remains that a ticket purchased by someone further up in line will deny a ticket to someone furt

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jun 5 2019, 07:02:56 PM

Pretty sure she was apologizing asking if that kind of post was allowed on this board. 

Really don't see anything wrong with someone getting two SRO tickets as the theatre allows that. When I get in any kind of rush/SRO situation, I assume people will be getting two tickets and am pleasantly surprised when they don't. If the theatre didn't want people to be able to get a ticket for a friend they would change their policy. 

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  May 17 2019, 12:43:22 AM

I PMd you! 

Waitress Rush  Oct 6 2017, 05:11:56 PM

anyone been lately? likelihood for a thursday evening? 

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!  Sep 25 2017, 10:43:49 AM

Overall I was happy with my purchases, though most of them were gifts for other people. Set up was awful with only half the streets being used. 

Mostly upset that I showed up right at 10 AM only to find that people had been there since 9 AM and picked through a LOT - is this a common thing? Every poster I saw advertised a starting time of 10 AM. I wonder what good things I could've gotten by showing up at 9. 

I hope the lack of Comet (an

Random Thoughts: Curtain Calls  Aug 1 2017, 02:02:22 PM

So odd - both times I saw it, it was a full cast bow in their final positions on stage, then a Hamilton bow, then a full cast bow in a line across the stage. Eliza didn't get a solo bow either time I saw it. 

Falsettos plot/lyrics question  Jul 31 2017, 12:09:36 PM

My interpretation has always been that Marvin contracts it as well. Otherwise I see no point to "Something Bad (Reprise). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You