News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cuz-i-can

Member Name: cuz-i-can
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonya Pinkins for Mamma Rose?  Mar 5 2018, 06:42:56 PM

Good idea,  she'd surely be more exciting and would put Lupone and Peters versions to shame.

Sarafina Revival?  Sep 26 2017, 01:47:04 PM

I love the movie but never seen a production of it, and I haven't found a clip of the show outside of the Tony performance. Just curious if anyone on here had seen the show? What were your thoughts? Is their an audience for a revival of this show? Thanks

AIN'T TOO PROUD - The Temptations Musical Bound for Broadway in 2018  Sep 26 2017, 01:38:44 PM

I haven't seen the show but am a big fan of Rashidra (Otis Williams wife) and feel she has been a long underrated talent on Broad for awhile. From the reviews it seems like people want a lot more from her and I hope they expand her character by the time this show comes to Broadway, I am very excited for this production. Do you think they'll change the cast for the temps to look like they're in the same age range?

Color Purple tour cast?  Sep 26 2017, 01:27:09 PM

Visceral_Fella said: "ACL2006 said: "for those wondering about Bre Jackson, she has re-joined the Broadway company for Book of Mormon. I have to assume she was asked to do the tour, but declined and took BOM instead."

This is not true. I believe she may have been offered ensemble on the tour, but she was not offered lead Celie.
"

I wonder if that's the same thing that happened to Rema Webb. I know she didn't get many chanc

London's Dreamgirls is eyeing Broadway  Jan 18 2017, 03:41:58 PM

I still stand by my dreamcast afor Keke Palmer as Deena, and Shaniece Williams from the Wiz Live as Lorell to accompany Amber Riley. I think it's perfect casting, the girls are perfect ages, and they have enough popularity together to drive tickets sales through the roof. I so hope somebody involved with the Broadway productions reads this and think its a god idea also, and makes it happen

London's Dreamgirls is eyeing Broadway  Jan 18 2017, 03:35:09 PM

I saw the 2009 tour version of Dreamgirls, and although I didn't care for the production/direction (I felt the led PANELS LOOKED CHEAP AND TOOK AWAY FROM THE BEAUTY OF THE ORIginal production) the talent was second to none. Syesha Mercado and Adrienne Warren were magic and MOYA ANGELA has a voice that could literally rip the roof off of any building. Up until the Color Purple revival I've never heard a more beautiful blend of voices, the whole cast were A game players. I&

London's Dreamgirls is eyeing Broadway  Jan 18 2017, 03:29:03 PM

Skimbleshanks2 said: "JENNIFER HUDSON should revive her role...Think of the sales... And the chance to hear her sing AND I AM TELLING you live... Chills....

"

I am one of the biggest Jenifer Hudson ever, and I don't think her reprising the role would be the best idea. Sure it may bring in tickets but I think it would be overkill. She's already done the ultimate performance of the role and won every award under the sun for it. It&#

Dreamcast Taraji P. Henson as Shug Avery?  Sep 25 2016, 05:15:59 PM

I've recently put heavy thought into the actresses who have or are about to take on the role of Shug Avery in this current revival of The Color Purple.

Jennifer Hudson although very green and new to theatrical acting and the task of developing a layered nuanced character on her own without the constant handling of the director, vocally rocked the part and looked stunning as well, and according to my friends who have seen the show multiple times, reported that she grew into

Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.  May 16 2016, 04:26:50 PM

Also it's not at the Arena which would make sense since it's a very reputable regional theater that hosts many pre Broadway tryout, but this theater seems to be very community based, and not where I would expect a Broadway trial run to be, but I could be wrong.

Diva Erivo?  May 16 2016, 04:23:52 PM

I find this hard to believe, if you've ever looked at pictures Cynthia has the biggest dressing room, and Danielle's and Jennifer's seem pretty equal in size (small), but Jennifer's dressing room is on the third floor and the furthest away from the stage and doesn't have a window, so I don't believe her dressing room was the most sought after one

Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.  May 15 2016, 09:21:45 PM

I see that the Studio Theatre in D.C. is putting on Whorl Inside A Loop this fall. I was wondering how that would affect a possible Broadway run, and am surprised that the show has been licensed out before it hits Broadway. I know that there is a distance jurisdiction for Broadway shows not to be performed by community or regional theaters in a certain proximity to New York City. Any thoughts?

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Apr 18 2016, 12:37:08 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Jennifer Hudson as Shug Avery is far better than "mediocre," but she is also far from "beyond magnificent." Cynthia Erivo, for example, is giving a "beyond magnificent" performance—and they're in the very same show. People on here need to get a grip. Hudson will likely get a nod, yes, but she will not win the Tony.

"

This is utter nonsense and I refuse to acknowledge

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Apr 18 2016, 12:20:32 AM

The Other One said: "rjm516 said: "Oh man I forgot JHud. In a supporting role that makes it somewhat easier for her to maybe win a Tony, and then she would then have 3/4 for an EGOT, which would be CRAZY considering how bad an actress she is. "

She is mediocre and she is not going to win a Tony.  

"

Jennifer Hudson is beyond magnificent, and  it should

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Apr 15 2016, 04:04:29 PM

JudyDenmark said: "I can see them doing the title song only because they widely released it as their promo song before the show came out (in the US). I've always thought they'd do that version at the Tonys to show off J-Hud and Cynthia equally, though now that J-Hud is leaving, who knows. I still love it, though. The vocal arranging is so stunning, particularly in the ensemble. 

"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sara

Heather Headley to take over for J.Hud in THE COLOR PURPLE  Apr 12 2016, 07:38:07 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "I would love to see Ledisi involved with this production at some point. Wasn't involved in the original workshops?

"

I think Ledisi is going to be the summer replacement for Audra in Shuffle along

Will they change the color purple playbill  Apr 12 2016, 07:35:24 PM

Just wondering since Jennifer's face is on the playbill will they do something new for Heather Headley stepping into the production?

Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along  Apr 12 2016, 07:26:37 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and place my bet that Ledisi is the replacement for Audra. Mark my words

Heather Headley to take over for J.Hud in THE COLOR PURPLE  Apr 12 2016, 07:22:51 PM

Valentina3 said: "Tichina Arnold's insta post about the audition made me really upset, though. Not only were her flourishes so wrong for this current production, she was mildly disrespectful of "whoever they ended up casting" (Jennifer). I think that was in poor taste.

That being said, she will need to tone wayyy down to be a good addition to this production, which is very simplistic compared to the original.

"

OMG!! I ma

Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along  Apr 12 2016, 02:42:36 PM

Jshan05 said: "^^That would be terrific. I'm not too familiar with her, but she had a wonderful cameo in 'Selma' and she sure can sing! Can't wait to hear the announcement (whomever they end up casting) soon! :)

"

She's a lovely vocalist and has the "Audra operatic range" to sing the role

Audra's replacement in Shuffle Along  Apr 12 2016, 02:31:55 PM

Jshan05 said: "cuz-i-can said: "I have a good feeling that they might be getting r&b/jazz singer Ledisi to replace Audra this summer"

That could definitely be it, though I'm just speculating at this point. I saw Ledisi and Audra snapped a picture together (on Audra's twitter) so it's definitely a possibility!

"

Also on Ledisi's instagram she posted a pic of her reading a scr

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You