Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.

cuz-i-can
#1Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/15/16 at 9:21pm

I see that the Studio Theatre in D.C. is putting on Whorl Inside A Loop this fall. I was wondering how that would affect a possible Broadway run, and am surprised that the show has been licensed out before it hits Broadway. I know that there is a distance jurisdiction for Broadway shows not to be performed by community or regional theaters in a certain proximity to New York City. Any thoughts?

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#2Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/15/16 at 9:41pm

They could be using this production to tweak things prior to Broadway if that is on the horizon. Next to Normal also began at Second Stage and transferred to Arena Stage (DC) before coming back to New York.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

AnnieBlack
#3Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/16/16 at 8:13am

Interesting that a performer isn't announced yet- i think that leads credence to it being a pre-broadway stop 

cuz-i-can
#4Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/16/16 at 4:26pm

Also it's not at the Arena which would make sense since it's a very reputable regional theater that hosts many pre Broadway tryout, but this theater seems to be very community based, and not where I would expect a Broadway trial run to be, but I could be wrong.

Consistency
#5Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/16/16 at 5:47pm

Studio isn't as big as Arena or Signature, but it's definitely a professional and reputable theater. It's one of my favorite theaters in the DC area. 

I don't know anything about this show, though. 

freewilma
#6Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/16/16 at 6:59pm

I think the auditions for this production at Studio aren't until later this week.  And the audition notice made it look like all roles were open.  

playbill-love
#7Whorl Inside A Loop D.C.
Posted: 5/16/16 at 9:05pm

Was there any official confirmation of a broadway run or is this all just speculation?

Videos