News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for klinnerz

Member Name: klinnerz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Racist Rainbow  Aug 19 2020, 11:03:26 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Whether you think this is okay or not, this is the kind of thing that got James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy and lost Kevin Hart his Oscar hosting gig. His career isnowhere near the level of those people, but if I was thinking of hiring him for something I'd think twice now.

I'm sure Woke Twitter (who already dislikes RR)will have a field day in 3...2...
"

Actually Hart lost the gig because he didn&

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 15 2020, 01:34:11 AM

KKeller6 said: "I feel like whenever Broadway does reopen, will we have 30+shows running at a time for awhile? Or will we have, say 15 or so for maybe years? Just a feeling."

I feel either won't matter much if attendance is low. Although I could be wrong. Shows could be packed if they reopened in Sept, but who knows. 

MJ THE MUSICAL CASTING  Nov 21 2019, 09:29:43 PM

ModernMillie3 said: "Michael Jackson was a black man. Why would Ephraimbe an "odd choice"?

Wonderful casting, very excited for this one.
"

It's odd to me because vocally I don't see the similarities between the two. Unless Ephraim has a higher register that I just haven't heard yet.

MJ THE MUSICAL CASTING  Nov 21 2019, 06:37:33 PM

darquegk said: "I wonder if they're deliberately"Atlanta-ing" Jackson by casting Sykes. In Donald Glover's TV show, Justin Bieber was portrayed incongruously as a young black man to make a point about the way Bieber exists in society and how he would be viewed differently if he were black.

Perhaps part of Nottage's concept is portraying Jackson in a way that reminds us that he was a black man, not the raceless, sexless "alien being" with a c

Lara Spencer Laughs at boys in ballet  Aug 24 2019, 11:43:27 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "It’s so interesting to think about how everything gets so blown out of proportion nowadays. If she had done this 10 years ago, no one would blink an eye. Wouldn’t be surprised if ABC/Disney gave her a one week paid suspension. Deservedly so. I think anchors are becoming more aware of what they say and how vast their audiences are now. Before, all they had to offend was white stay at home mothers. Now that you can watch GMA on twitter(which is where I

Ain't Too Proud ... Snubbed!  Jun 20 2019, 03:18:44 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: 
As for the racism argument- I am sick of hearing about it already. Such a thing as color counting fatigue - how many Latinos- how many gays, how many blacks- it becomes too much a focal point- there is undeniably, in my opinion, a lot of diversity in theater today- and show business is a business- after all. For me, it dilutes the real issue of racism to OVER-use the victimization argument - ATP did not win because, in my opinion, it was not all that creative o

Beetlejuice Rush  Jun 7 2019, 12:06:02 PM

It's interesting how some days there's no one in line and days where there's 20+. Hopefully I come on a lucky day.

A Star Is Born review. WOW!  Oct 5 2018, 12:43:04 AM

upinlights said: "Saw this a few nights ago at a screening at my college... I didn't like it, and neither did most of the people there. The music is phenomenal, and several scenes are so aesthetically stunning that it's incredible. Plot was predictable and boring, dialogue was confusing, and I wasn't a fan of the montage used to develop a lot of their relationship (not a spoiler). Saw it for Gaga, will download soundtrack for Gaga, but overall, I was underwhelmed.&qu

How much longer does SUMMER have?  Sep 8 2018, 02:29:32 PM

I've actually had some interest in the show lately. How does it compare to Beautiful? Also, is rushing the show pretty easy?

I've heard that the show may be closing by the year's end. Isn't the show only selling like 60-70% capacity? Not sure if the show is still gaining a surplus even with that though. 

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 8 2018, 02:21:37 PM

I noticed the Imperial sells candy and whatnot before the show, and I've always been puzzled by that. They basically encourage people to eat from loud candy wrappings. 

There was also a person next to me at Hello Dolly who was terribly loud while sucking their mints... They also had the loudest breaths coming from their nose... I may be too picky on that one, but still.

Audience member waves a Trump flag during FROZEN  Sep 6 2018, 11:08:16 AM

CaseyBrent41 said: "Totally innappropriate for this audience member to do....Sort of like when cast members give political speeches at the end of the show....."

You mean like with Hamilton when it was necessary to give a shout out to Pence?

A Star Is Born  Aug 30 2018, 11:09:43 PM

SweetLips said: "Well that was hideous---one to miss---country and western with the usual twist[and lyrics].

Judging a whole movie by it's trailer? Yes.
"

Unjudge, because you're in for a BIG surprise, music wise.

A Star Is Born  Aug 30 2018, 11:08:52 PM

Tag said: "How is she getting Oscar buzz? Has anyone actually seen her acting in the trailer..."

There's already been a large group of people who have seen the film from Spielberg, Sean Penn, Barbara, and mostly critics/fans for early test screenings. 

Sending Fanmail and getting back playbills.  Aug 29 2018, 10:42:36 PM

I've only sent in a letter once but never a Playbill. What usually happens? Can I get my Playbill signed by specific cast members? Is there a chance I'll never get my playbill back again? Or get it back with no signatures? haha sorry for all the questions. I was thinking of sending my Playbill to the Carousel company as Joshua never came out to greet fans. 

Hello Dolly Rush / SRO  Aug 17 2018, 04:36:45 PM

restlessfeeling said: "klinnerz said: "restlessfeeling said: "Hi! I saw the show on July 24th and bought my ticket the same day of the performance at like 2:30. They still had premium seats in the orchestra and the mezzanine but they offered me SRO if I wasn't willing to pay for those. I went back to the box office half an hour later and they offered me tickets in the second row of the mezzanine (on the right side) for $69 and I took them. Great view, but I did

Hello Dolly Rush / SRO  Aug 16 2018, 11:12:51 PM

restlessfeeling said: "Hi! I saw the show on July 24th and bought my ticket the same day of the performance at like 2:30. They still had premium seats in the orchestra and the mezzanine but they offered me SRO if I wasn't willing to pay for those. I went back to the box office half an hour later and they offered me tickets in the second row of the mezzanine (on the right side) for $69 and I took them. Great view, but I did miss a bit of the Harmonia Gardens scene. Hope this helps

New Souvenir Programs  Aug 16 2018, 01:49:19 PM

msmp said: "TheCarousel program is beautiful. I was surprised by the quality, to be honest. Definitely one of my favorites, especially given how few production photos have been released outside of the opening night bows."

Do you happen to have link to pics? I might want to save to get one!

SNL Legally Blonde the Musical Middle School sketch  Apr 17 2017, 01:28:32 AM

I'm still sad that I never got to see LB... I know it's not the greatest musical ever, but it brought me so much joy. At least MTV filmed it.

Max Von Essen  Apr 10 2017, 04:21:12 PM

Max is awesome. I loved his vlogs when he was at An American in Paris. I ended up sending him a letter and he sent me a nice message on social media. I also got to meet him at the Stagedoor and he was equally as charming. Such a cool guy and experience. yeslaughIs Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?  Apr 10 2017, 09:57:58 AM

I would also suggest, that if they tickets you buy are "pick up only" at the Stubhub center, then go early. You never know what delays might happen. But at least the Stubhub center is close to TS and the theaters.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You