News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for codywlong2

Member Name: codywlong2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audience Member Has Seizure During Once On This Island Performance
 Dec 10 2018, 11:49:14 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "Note to self: do not attend orchestral or opera performances where Dollypop is in attendance. It is not good for one’s life expectancy. Broadway shows especially Hello, Dolly!, however are okay."

A relative had a heart attack and died during the overture to a local college production of "Hello, Dolly!". He would have thought it was hilarious, so I think of him fondly when I listen to the score. His wife also went back to see the

Audience member waves a Trump flag during FROZEN
 Sep 6 2018, 06:47:17 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Wouldn't matter what flag it was. Not appropriate during a curtain call. It's a time for actors and audience to connect. Not to mention if your flag is blocking my view I'd be pissed. The only thing acceptable during this curtain call is a child holding an "I love Elsa" sign or something along those lines. This dude is the definition of douche-Frozen is a family/kids show. If he had done that at War Paint he'd be dead right now."<

From Any Musical
 Jun 16 2018, 11:31:57 AM

"He and She" from The Boys From Syracuse

WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST FILM
 Jun 12 2018, 01:18:05 PM

If Judy Garland had lived...can you imagine? She does a little "Hello, Dolly" on her Judy and Liza at the Palladium album. Really a shame she never played it!  

re: Movies that could be Broadway musicals
 Jun 6 2018, 07:14:52 PM

Judy Garland's last movie, "I Could Go On Singing", has a great plot and there are a number of Adele tunes that fit well. As much as I loathe all the jukebox musicals, I think there's enough theatricality in her music and juicy enough of a plot. 

THE SECRET GARDEN Revival Set for 2018-2019 Season
 May 10 2018, 10:40:16 AM

I'm a HUGE Amber Iman fan, so I'm excited to hear her sing Martha's two big numbers. 

Dramatic female duets?
 May 9 2018, 11:04:51 AM

"I Am My Own Best Friend" from Chicago. Not in the movie and absolutely phenomenal! I believe there's a YouTube video of Liza doing it solo. I second "There's Always a Woman" from ACW. 

What should the next Encores! musical be?
 May 2 2018, 01:42:50 PM

The score to "Mack and Mabel" is so delightful. It's a pity the book is so bad. Any idea if Herman or Stewart's estate would allow someone to work on it. I would love to see Annaleigh Ashford as Mabel. 

Bernadette Peters and Rodgers and Hammerstein
 Apr 26 2018, 06:08:11 PM

I just discovered 2002's "Bernadette Peters Loves Rodgers and Hammerstein".  Her "There Is Nothing Like a Dame" is a particularly good arrangement. 

Other than TV's "Cinderella", in which she was fantastic, I can't find any record of her performing in a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical. She's done Berlin, Sondheim, and now Herman, but no R&H. I can't find a history of her off-Broadway, tour or regional work (if th

What show should my highschool do?
 Apr 17 2018, 05:46:17 PM

"Damn Yankees" and "How to Succeed" have great, largely male casts. If you're flying scenery, both work. You could totally fly Finch in the opening of "H2S", as he appears as a window washer in the beginning. 

DOLLY casting replacements
 Mar 11 2018, 04:59:31 PM

Faith Prince would be a phenomenal choice, and I thought her "Before the Parade..." on her last cabaret album got to the heart of who Dolly is. 

Long shot--I'd love to see Andrew Keenan-Bolger as Barnaby Tucker. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You