News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gregnyc2

Member Name: gregnyc2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  May 1 2022, 08:44:38 AM

I know it’ll never happen, but what a story if Beanie came out with something like, “look, I couldn’t say no to this role, I’m so glad to have opened the show, I’ve loved every minute, but I’m stepping aside, Julie Benko is taking over, and I ask the Tony committee to consider Julie for the Tony nom. I’ll be back soon on Broadway, etc etc etc”.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 11 2021, 11:36:07 AM

Someone should perhaps have said “look marc I appreciate this is sensitive, but these makeup and hair tests are terrible, and it’s going to completely distract everyone from the film, Ben is going to get enormous blowback as it stands,  pleeaaasseee let’s find a better look and give the film a better chance”

Of course there’s always the possibility that they did just that, and this was as good as it was gonna get

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 11 2021, 11:13:05 AM

Ben is a character actor, not a leading man. Hopefully he can put this debacle behind him in a “thank god that’s over with” kind of way and carefully choose what comes next, calming down on the Big Star stuff being shoved into his ego

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 12:42:44 PM

I imagine TIFF is, like, “well, at least a lotta people are talking about TIFF”

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 12:42:42 PM

I imagine TIFF is, like, “well, at least a lotta people are talking about TIFF”

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 12:39:02 PM

Tag said: "This Vulture article is hilariously spot on regarding his appearance/age. The correction at the bottom of the article is one of thebest parts.

Also, Platt's disheveled, unkempt look for the media campaign of this film is really jarring. It's like he's trying SO HARD to distance himself from what he looked like in the film. Someone pass him a razor!
"

OMG that Vulture article!

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 5 2021, 11:01:47 AM

Lets not forget Andrew Garfield as Jim Bakker.

Agree! Though I think the nom would more likely be for tick tick boom (taking Tammy Faye into account too)

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 5 2021, 10:52:45 AM

(See, also, by way of example, Entertainment Weekly has an article out a few days ago about possible Oscar nominations-the piece discusses 37 (!) films in detail about chances; DEH isn’t even in a list of 37 films….)

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 5 2021, 10:32:56 AM

I wish the film well, I’d love for it to be terrific, but the reality is that this is a very very crowded year for the Oscars, and the likelihood of a Best Picture nom for DEH are extremely low (even if it is terrific). It just doesn’t have the scope/grandeur/costumes to make it in against the formidable competition (if you’re following Venice and Telluride and soon TIFF, there is already an onslaught of films garnering great reviews, all of which have that scope/grandeur/co

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Aug 18 2021, 01:15:13 PM

The tag line is atrocious. Putting aside the plot, it’s clumsy (like a fifth grader’s book report) and hello : show, don’t tell - if you have to tell us that this is “an honest and original story”…

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Aug 3 2021, 04:15:39 PM

I follow a Lot of film twitter, and there’s maybe 4% who even have DEH in the conversation. Unless Ben is beyond extraordinary, he won’t be nominated - with the backlog of films and just the interest in and quality of the competition this year, Best Actor is way overcrowded. If the film would have been made and released for last year, it’d be a whole different story. Adams and Moore are big question marks as to Supporting - it will all hinge on So Big for Moore, an

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Jul 20 2021, 08:16:39 PM

Soundtrack list per IMDB (unconfirmed, but seems pretty specific, and the baseball glove song is gone)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9357050/soundtrack/?ref_=tt_trv_snd

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Jul 20 2021, 07:11:59 PM

I haven’t confirmed this yet, but the EW article reads as if DEH will stream worldwide on Sept 9, along with the premiere. Last year, TIFF films could be streamed IF you live(d) in Canada. If true, this changes the perspective (I’m not sure if that’s good or bad).  Anyone know what’s up with this?

NEW STREISAND:RELEASE ME 2-AUGUST 6  Jun 2 2021, 10:42:12 PM

Again, unverified, but the track listing is from today, out on some European LP websites - a Randy Newman, a Bacharach, legrand/Bergman, Rainbow Connection, an unreleased Guilty cut, You Light Up My Life, another song I think Bonnie Raitt covered. It’s, er, underwhelming on paper. 

NEW STREISAND:RELEASE ME 2-AUGUST 6  Jun 2 2021, 10:30:22 PM

An early yet unverified totally yet likely track listing shows no Broadway at all in the ten tracks. There will be a bonus track for Target but that’s unknown.  Sigh. 

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Mar 16 2020, 11:14:34 PM
It was absolutely charming. O’Hara sang gorgeously : in her home office. Can’t wait to see Judy tomorrow
Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 19 2020, 06:35:05 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "End of Act 1 -Proof "

ditto   The audience exploded

If Julie Andrews hadn’t lost her voice  Oct 13 2019, 09:46:41 AM

I’ve been besotten with Julie since the age of six and the MP premiere. My beloved grandmother, driving me to downtown Wichita, saying “I think you’re really going to like this Julie Andrews. Poppy (my grandfather) and I loved her when we saw Camelot....”

It’s no secret exactly that Julie made her career decisions in deference to Blake’s whims and needs, especially the stage version of VV. I direct you all to the wonderful NYT Magazine on VV piec

Best cheap hotels closest to Bway?  Oct 9 2019, 06:47:12 PM
hotels in the several days prior to Christmas are always very inexpensive compared to their regular rates, because everyone’s staying home/headed to mom’s etc
Experiment  Oct 3 2019, 10:14:20 PM
How many actors/directors/production team artists have bootlegs in their shelves at home?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You