News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for E. riley

Member Name: E. riley
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Nov 24 2016, 10:18:43 AM

Sorry if this has been covered in the thread but is there any word on a new soundtrack? Josh Groban and this cast sounds amazing and they deserve it but then so did Psycho and Shuffle Along.... and we know how that goes.

Anybody know?

FALSETTOS Reviews
 Oct 28 2016, 10:31:45 AM

I hated it too. I was so looking forward to seeing it. Loving the cast and hearing the heart in all of the fans of the show.

It did not work for me. I thought the material was dated and I didn't feel those moments of truth and theatre magic I was hoping for. 

Also thought the design was juvenile and aside from loving Brandon Uranowitz and the boy and some good moments for Block, I thought the rest of the cast was off. 

It was a Sunday matinee in previews. I

Odd Mom Out
 Jun 27 2016, 11:05:31 AM

everythingtaboo said: "Is the show good? I've never watched it, even though it seems to have a good cast. But the lead always seems so in-your-face in the ads, and don't we get enough crazy on the Real Housewives? But maybe I'll give it a shot, people here seem to like it!

"It is good. It's much better than the other scripted one "Girlfriends Guide to Divorce". I find that unwatchable.

This show is very smart and fu

SHUFFLE ALONG Sets Sudden Broadway Closing After Audra McDonald Departs
 Jun 25 2016, 11:33:53 AM

I loved the show and all of this makes me sad. Especially a**hole-lish are all the headlines laying at Audra's feet.

I left completely bedazzled by Adrienne Warren. She was so talented and a true light. Love to see her take on Eliza. I hope she has an amazing career.

OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
 Jun 12 2016, 10:31:26 PM

ACL2006 said: "RippedMan said: "Spring Awakening: Great concept/direction. But not feeling the vocals or performances. 

"

Same. Just didn't wow me at all.

"I understand. This was not t all representative of the power of the show. It has been closed and they must have scrambled with the staging. The camera's were not filming it well. It made me sad. The production was spellbinding bu

Sally Field and Joe Mantello Will Lead THE GLASS MENAGERIE on Broadway Next Spring
 Jun 6 2016, 10:09:11 PM

interesting. Thanks!

American Psycho - if you LIKED it, post here
 Jun 6 2016, 10:08:04 PM

Groucho797, once again I love your wonderful post mortem. 

Long day and out of words but YES we do need this thread. Liza's Headband take your negativity and just...

find a thread about SHADE 'cuz you just keep throwin'.

Loved this show so much! Even better the second tome. Ben Walker gave my favorite performance of a lead male actor of the year and really was robbed of a Tony nom.

Not eloquent at the moment but wanted to chime in. I wish

Sally Field and Joe Mantello Will Lead THE GLASS MENAGERIE on Broadway Next Spring
 Jun 6 2016, 09:52:52 PM

I loved the Zack Quinto and Cherry Jones revival and that was just two minutes ago!

Also Montello (great talent) but isn't he a bit long in the tooth for Tom ???   

American Psycho - closing week audiences
 Jun 6 2016, 12:07:45 PM

groucho797 said: "E. riley said: "Looking forward to your post mortem. I really don't want this show to be forgotten..."

I’m flattered to hear that. I mention in passing that my 18-yo son loved the show. As promised, here’s sort of a “post-mortem” (more like a series of random musings) about the show (warning: too long, don’t read):

Love your "post mortem". It's awesome.I hope you (and others) wi

Jun 6 2016, 11:47:12 AM

Jane2 said: "" Yes... thirty years ahead of its time. "

In what way?

Taste is subjective. Clearly you didn't like it. Got it. Many did. Only time will tell where it will fall in the future of Musical Theatre's rich history.

An artistic offering of any sort is subject to many outside forces. Timing is a huge one. I find this show to be prescient but I think it will have it's due in a revival at some point. That is my g

Jun 6 2016, 08:28:04 AM

I'm a 50-something widower who happens to agree with everything you said. I'm going to file a post-mortem (pardon the pun) over the next day or two, so be watching. I don't care who hated the show or why; I saw it four times (including the final show). It was 30 years ahead of its time.

Please, please do. I don't live in NYC or I would have gone back. I managed twice with my theatre loving 16 yr old. Yesterday she wanted to rush and be t

Jun 5 2016, 04:02:21 PM

American Psycho went deep with me. As a 50 something widowed Mom of two.......not the target audience but a theatre lover

The opening sequence was the most jarring and exciting I have ever seen. Visually, viscerally, choreography, design, Ben, Ben, Ben!

I wanted, as a maternal nurturing type who lived through the era in NYC to wrap my arms around the whole show and say thank you for bringing life to this vapid scene by brilliantly dazzling us with it's

Jun 5 2016, 01:38:58 PM

Bettyboy72 said:

"So many many suffer this in today's society. 

Also, as a psychotherapist I am aware that many many people have violent fantasies and revenge fantasies that they never  have any intention of acting on. 

Patrick is a little boy lost in an opulent world where gender roles, expectations and unhealthy coping swallowed him. Ben Walker communicates this brilliantly and was very deserving of a nomination."

<

Worst song ever written for a musical
 Jun 4 2016, 04:23:11 PM

I don't remember the name if the last song but it was the Madam with a heart of gold and big hair roaming around but belting something about goin' on ? ? Sad but strong ? I think it had the words tomorrow in it but honestly I was half asleep. I remember being shocked that the end was an end. Not in a theatrical good way but in a "that's the end?" abrupt "this is strange "way. The sad w*ores were roaming around with suitcases.

It didn't help that

Worst song ever written for a musical
 Jun 4 2016, 01:12:08 PM

Mr. Nowack said: "E. riley I wonder if we saw the same community BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE haha.

I had forgotten about "Broads Ain't People," that actually may be my true pick.

I just saw this post. Was it in CT Mr. Nowack ?? It is the worst ! I second the nomination of "Broads Ain't People."

It would have been unendurable had I not supe

Michael Arden tweeted love for American Psycho
 Jun 4 2016, 12:20:35 PM

I know. Thanks for the link. I want to put every bit of support for it out there and I couldn't figure out where to put it ....so I started the link. It can't hurt ?  

I have a slightly insane and unrealistic hope that the world will come to its senses and grant it a longer life.

I know that it's fantasy.

Michael Arden tweeted love for American Psycho
 Jun 4 2016, 12:12:32 PM

I love that Michael Arden tweeted love for AP! This show is one of the years best and I know that there are other threads but I appreciate it so much when others express how good it is! This production somehow got totally shafted and I'm so happy when it gets a shout out. It deserved so much better. My theatre loving soul will never be at peace with it's Tony snub or insanely short run. This show HAS an audience. It just couldn't get there on time. 

Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys
 Jun 4 2016, 11:16:50 AM

JM226 said: "E. riley said: "The cast is scattered. Some on West coast some NY and some went home to their parents. Midwest and scattered

"

perhaps but why does it matter? that's irrelevant seeing as they are all back together in NYC now preparing for a performance on the Tony Awards that is supposedly in danger of not happening 

I don't know how you know this but I very much hope it'

Jun 4 2016, 10:02:55 AM

The cast is scattered. Some on West coast some NY and some went home to their parents. Midwest and scattered.

Jun 2 2016, 10:15:10 PM

The Artistic Director of Deaf West is D.J (David Kurs). You make a beautiful organization sound like an undercover drug ring. Just ugh!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You