News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for irishgator1

Member Name: irishgator1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bad Theater Behavior  Nov 22 2019, 03:03:49 PM

dramamama611 said: "Except it's a myth that you can be contaminated with an airborne peanut essence. (My son is highly allergic, trust me, I know.) He wouldn't LIKE the smell, but that's besides the point."

My son is also very allergic to peanuts and treenuts and it was my understanding that some airborne reactions are possible. 

From the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology: 

“Still, food par

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Sep 12 2019, 07:42:26 PM

Dkinny23 said: "JSquared2 said: "Dkinny23 said: "RippedMan said: "Cheap seats on StubHub, just not sure the view from the Balcony is worth it?"

Agreed with whoever said before about needing to lean forward. I got a seat booster and leaned forward the entire time, but that didn’t really bother me
"

Maybe not, but I'm sure it bothered the people behind you whose view you were blocking by leaning forward.

Moulin Rouge Previews  Jul 29 2019, 01:08:50 PM
I went on Saturday and was very pleased to find that very few of the audience was singing along. I saw it in Boston and the singing was rampant and annoying.
HADESTOWN SEATING?  Jul 27 2019, 06:36:30 PM

tgirl16 said: "Has anyone seen it from the balcony? Is it worth the extra money to sit in the mezz or orchestra?"

Late reply but I just sat in the balcony on Thursday. Here’s the link to my view from my seat pic I submitted: https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/114445/Walter+Kerr+Theatre/section-Balcony/row-B/seat-22/

Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019  Nov 19 2018, 04:44:01 PM

TheQuibbler said: "For those who signed up for the fan presale, did you receive a code right away or is there a separate time when they’re expected to be emailed out? "

The email I received said the code would be mailed out before 12pm EST on 11/21. 

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Oct 25 2018, 11:54:27 AM

mikem said: "Benanti sent out signed Playbills rather than signed for She Loves Me, also. I always appreciate it when actors tell you that they're not going to stage door, so you don't have to wonder. And the signed Playbills are a real kindness.

Irishgator1, did a lot of people come out after the matinee? I always wonder about matinees on 2-show days.
"

Yes, a fair number did come out- many of the ensemble, Butz, Corduner, and Doni

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Oct 24 2018, 07:08:48 PM
I saw the matinee today and it was amazing!! My second time (I saw the first time with the understudy, who was terrific). The Playbills had Laura listed unlike yesterday. She was perfection.

Btw, it was just one other guy and me at the stage door. We ended up asking someone who came out of the SD about the Laura-signed Playbills and that person texted the stage manager, who brought out a signed Playbill for us.

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Oct 24 2018, 07:08:47 PM
I saw the matinee today and it was amazing!! My second time (I saw the first time with the understudy, who was terrific). The Playbills had Laura listed unlike yesterday. She was perfection.

Btw, it was just one other guy and me at the stage door. We ended up asking someone who came out of the SD about the Laura-signed Playbills and that person texted the stage manager, who brought out a signed Playbill for us.

Seeing shows by yourself  Sep 14 2018, 01:00:21 PM

Guess I'll be the odd (wo)man out and say I don't really like doing things, including shows, alone.  Maybe it's because I'm a twin and I always had someone around. I certainly don't think it's creepy, by any means, though. I'm quite shy and often find it awkward to make small talk with strangers.  When I travel to NYC for work, I see shows solo, but it's not my preference.  I like to cuss and discuss the show with my friends.  When I saw Swe

How flexible are box offices with weather issues?  Sep 10 2018, 08:36:23 AM

I know each situation and box office are different, obviously, but in general, what are the options that box offices might consider in terms of bad weather on the customer's end? I live in the DC area and we have a major hurricane coming to the Mid-Atlantic that could bring historic rainfall to our area.  I don't think the hurricane is supposed to hit DC itself, but they're saying high winds and rain of up to 20" here.

I have My Fair Lady ticket

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Aug 4 2018, 10:14:48 AM

Deleted as a duplicate post.  

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Aug 4 2018, 10:14:47 AM

It must just be me, but I think Aaron looks way older than his 35 years. Karen looks younger than 42 to me.

ETA- I have a picture with him at the stage door and the long hair does him no favors. I think it ages him a lot.  He looks more youthful when his hair is short, in my opinion.  

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Aug 3 2018, 09:47:08 AM

I hate to say it, as I'm an Aaron fan, but I didn't think his acting was very good.  Parts of this felt really cheesy to me in ways that the movie did not.  I think the mashups/medleys were just too overdone.  Agreed with others that it was strange how the Duke wasn't addressed at the end and it wasn't clear to me how/if Harold dealt with the betrayal.

What was super annoying was how the audience felt compelled to participate because they knew all the son

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Aug 1 2018, 07:16:17 PM

People weren’t kidding about the lack of leg room. I’m 5’3” and barely have any room. Holy cow. 

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Jul 31 2018, 10:28:45 AM

Lauren2 said: "Guys how are you guys sending stuff to the theatre and specifically people and it is only like 2-5 stamps (2-3 dollars) for original package and SASE? I am going to the post office and they are saying for what I am sending it’s like 3.50 for sending a envelope each way for packaging these letters and such is like 7-8 dollars per person I am sending all together. Are you letting them fold it? It’s just costing a lot and I don’t want it to cost that muc

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Jul 17 2018, 04:43:28 PM

gleek4114 said: "Yesterday I got a reply from Stephanie J. Block and Emily Skinner. I wrote to them both at The Cher Show."

Do you remember how long it took to get the reply from SJB?

Bad Theater Behavior  Jul 11 2018, 05:40:52 PM
In a separate non-theater-related forum, I see many people insist that regular watches are a relic of the past and that no one under X age wears one. People apparently think that their phone will suffice for a clock, but fail to realize that whipping out one’s phone to check the time in a meeting or in the theater is distracting and potentially seen as quite rude.
My Fair Lady seating- 2nd row aisle Loge vs. left side Orchestra Row D, ,seats 103-104  Jul 1 2018, 07:24:01 AM
Thanks! It looks like they’ve removed the first two seats in row d? When I put the tickets in the cart, it says they’re seats 3 and 4 off the aisle but as far as I can tell from the seat selection chart, those seats are first ones available.
My Fair Lady seating- 2nd row aisle Loge vs. left side Orchestra Row D, ,seats 103-104  Jun 30 2018, 10:38:09 PM

Hi-

I'm considering Loge Right Center Row B seats 401/402 or Left Side Orchestra Row D seats 103/104.  An aisle seat is a must, and both of these options has an aisle seat.  I'm short and my husband is tall, and we're both quite nearsighted! Any thoughts?  Thanks!

So, tell us about yourself.  Jun 21 2018, 09:28:33 AM

Usually a lurker, but what the heck, so here goes.  Early 40s Asian American woman and I live in a suburb of Washington, DC.  My parents' families are from NYC, but sadly, almost no one is left, aside from a few in the Bronx and an aunt in Bergen County, NJ, with whom we often stay when we visit.

My first Broadway show was Cats as a little kid and then my family moved to Kuwait for a long time (no theater there!) and then to NC.  In college, I studied in London

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You