News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ItsMeRaul

ItsMeRaul Profile Photo
Member Name: ItsMeRaul
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Playbill leaves Twitter  Nov 11 2022, 02:01:04 PM

Good. Boy, it sure hasn't take long for Musk to destroy Twitter.

Myles Frost  Oct 22 2022, 05:11:51 PM

Sutton Ross said: "ItsMeRaul said: "Also, replacing Mr Frost is going to a much larger challenge for the production than replacing Diggs."

Not in any universe is that true. If you had seen any of his three incredible understudies, you would know that.
"

Clearly I disagree. But not at all surprised since I rarely agree with you so 🤷🏽‍♂️

Myles Frost  Oct 22 2022, 03:51:56 PM

Also, replacing Mr Frost is going to a much larger challenge for the production than replacing Diggs. 

Myles Frost  Oct 22 2022, 03:48:01 PM

Sutton Ross said: "So was Daveed Diggs and he left Hamilton quietly."

Mr Diggs was not the single most important star of Hamilton. Mr Frost is that for MJ. 

Patti LuPone gives up equity card  Oct 20 2022, 01:24:28 AM

UWS10023 said: "I guess if she thinks the union no longer supports actors it makes sense. What are the dues?"

https://www.actorsequity.org/join/dues/

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread  Oct 5 2022, 01:11:15 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I won lottery tix for tomorrow eve, but I decided not to pay for the seats based on these mixed reviews.

My concerns are justified. Since it was very easy to win lottery early on (a rarity for me), I don’t think this is making it past the holidays.
I just can’t imagine what the audience is forAlmost Famous.

I've been here a long time (a decade before I registered) and this post ranks in the top ten of we

INTO THE WOODS - NEW CAST EXTENSION  Sep 11 2022, 03:02:43 PM

The current last page in that thread (page 16) should provide answers, as should the ITW Broadway official website.

Binoculars  Sep 7 2022, 04:24:26 PM

I personally would not use binoculars in a theatre, as I cannot imagine how they could not impinge on others' views. If you opt for opera glasses, please be discreet and midful, and keep arm(s) holding them close to your body. As as HG mentioned, don't be surprised if someone asks you not to use them.

Viral fan-made BRIDGERTON musical will release concept album  Jul 31 2022, 05:02:42 PM

briankershawjr said: "Netflix is worth a billion dollars who lost of memberships last quarter… they lost money and want a way to get it back

also why has shonda rhimes sueing them ???

why hasnt the cast condone them???

Netflix is only after money they earned from the event
"

One has to assume that you are very young, or very naive. Or both  

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 17 2022, 10:30:09 AM
BrodyFosse123 said: "MVintheheartland said: "Tempted to go to NY just to see Julie. I just don’t trust the airlines right now that a scheduled flight will actually fly. Also, NYC in August is not my favorite time (heat)."

Huh? I fly JetBlue several times a month and I’ve yet to experience a flight cancellation ever in my life (I’m 57 and flying internationally since I was 10 months old) and in 7 months only one flight was delayed 45 minutes due to rai

Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25  Jun 27 2022, 03:37:44 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "you're talking past me. the reviews trashed the show well more than they trashed Beanie, who they said was charming, lovely, passable, etc. I get the theater queens are disappointed in her singing (which isnt wildly impressive) but the critics were much harsher on the show/production than on Beanie. Was my point.

but by all means, carry on, carry on, dont want to get in the way.
"

As you said on page one: "good god, people a

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World  Jun 8 2022, 11:25:25 PM

Wow. Summer break has clearly begun.

Six vs. A Strange Loop: The Tightest Tony Race of 2022?  Jun 7 2022, 02:47:36 PM

JSquared2 said: 

Then I guess you're in for an evening of disappointment. MJ will likely win Best Actor, Choreography, Lighting, Sound and Orchestrations (and has a good shot at Best Musical and Best Director)."

I firmly believe that those words will come back to bite you come Sunday. I give them choreo, if anything. We will see.

de Shields sets departure from HADESTOWN  Apr 12 2022, 05:37:16 PM

Nolan LuPone said: "Globefan said: "I hope he's The Wizard in the Wicked movie"

I would prefer Nathan Lane
"

Oh God, please no to Nathan Lane as The Wizard.

Didn't realize that Mr De Shields was out so often, which makes me more grateful that he was in the evening I saw the show.

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more  Apr 8 2022, 02:32:21 PM

Yep. Was supposed to see it tonight. Happy that I can  at least replace tix for the people who were supposed to accompany me (I’m from the west coast and can’t get back again so soon).

To those who also have the code, please don’t share it. Allow those who missed out this week a chance to regroup and replace their show date. Thanks. 

Favorite hotels in the theatre district?  Mar 11 2022, 03:18:15 PM

CitizenM

NYT reports some recent data on Grosses  Feb 1 2022, 07:29:17 PM

bear88 said: "It's just like the movies. People flock to the familiar. And honestly, I don't really blame them.

I saw three shows in my neck of the woods last year: a comedic play and two musical revivals. I wasn't exactly pushing the envelope in terms of challenging material. I wanted to see something fun with my wife, even if - as was the case of theMy Fair Ladytour - I had seen the Broadway version two years before.

My older daughter is p

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  May 1 2021, 04:45:33 PM

BwayLB said: "I never saw a version of Fiddler on the Roof before. I do like some of the songs from it. Being Catholic myself, stories about Jewish characters don’t usually appeal to me."

Holy cow. This Jew is speechless. Talk about narrow-minded.

Cheap and Clean Places to Eat in the Theatre District?  Dec 4 2021, 05:03:07 PM

everythingtaboo said: "Asking a general question, can anyone any place near SIX that is also open Monday? Seeing the show this week and finding the places I was leaning toward on BWW's recent listicle are closed Mondays."

How close? We saw Six on a Monday. Dined at Meme in HK beforehand. It's about a 10 minute walk from there to the Brooks Atkinson theatre.

Nah  Oct 3 2021, 12:29:21 PM

themadmarchhare said: "Some people on here are really unnecessarily catty. OP is just venting their frustration and asking advice, calling them the ‘epitome of entitlement’ is just nasty"

Bless your heart, did that hand-slap feel good?

if someone is going to come here and post a thread to whine that they were “screwed” out of a lottery win, you better I’m going to call it as I see it. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You