News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Malatenj

Malatenj Profile Photo
Member Name: Malatenj
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 14 2019, 08:27:54 AM

Had four browsers open and was getting close to the front - and then hanging up at the front.  But then an operator answered (I also called).  Picked two dates, four cheap seats each date ($109) in December and January - both saturday nights.  Each set was $492 with all charges.  Happy enough.

What ONE new show to see in June for Dad and Daughters??  Feb 23 2019, 08:55:46 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions!  Tootsie and Cher probably wouldn't be our ONE show choice.  I was hoping to see that stand out show of the season, especially since we only have one chance this trip (layover).  Still leaning toward Hadestown, but Mockingbird sounds great and may be down to those two.  The one great thing about the musicals is that the OBCR stays with you forever.  Any other suggestions??

What ONE new show to see in June for Dad and Daughters??  Feb 17 2019, 09:44:52 AM

I agree on the option of splitting up, but since this is the start of a special vacation for us, and the only show we will see in NYC this year, I'd like the have the shared experience.

What ONE new show to see in June for Dad and Daughters??  Feb 17 2019, 09:20:36 AM

In town for a 12 hour Newark layover on June 1 so we have time to see a Saturday matinee (we fly out internationally at 11:00pm so I wouldn't try a second show evening performance).  My daughters will be 17 and 19.  We've been doing 6-7 show trips (mostly musicals) the last 3 years so this will be a hard choice (the debate as started).

Two of us are leaning toward Hadestown and the other wants to see Burn This (for Adam Driver).  Be More Chill is also in the running for the girls, but based on the early preview posts here, could be a risky choice over Hadestown.  Is there any other show we are missing from the list?

Any suggestions appreciated  

After Show Musical Bar Options for Dad and 16yo?  Jan 3 2019, 10:07:17 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!
My Fair Lady stage door?  Jan 3 2019, 10:00:55 AM
Any recent updates to this? We are seeing it Friday night (1/4) and my daughter wants to do the stage door. Thanks in advance.
After Show Musical Bar Options for Dad and 16yo?  Jan 1 2019, 07:59:20 PM
Ive heard that about the food serving places. Thank you.

Does anyone have any recommendations for specific Broadway after show places?

After Show Musical Bar Options for Dad and 16yo?  Dec 29 2018, 12:43:07 PM

Daughter and I am coming in for a 24 hour trip to see MFL (since she was just cast as Eliza in her spring HS musical) - Friday, 1/4.  I know there are some fun or authentic bars for the after show theater fans and/or actors. Ones with piano sing-alongs would be fun too.  We just don't want to do the touristy ones (Stardust), but something more authentic - or at least less touristy.  And the one big catch might be needing to admit a 16 yo at around 11:00 (with Dad)

If you could revive any Broadway flop?  Mar 29 2018, 06:09:20 PM

Bright Star

F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen  Mar 28 2018, 09:43:32 PM

I spent 30 minutes looking for 2 $75 seats on the weekend toward the end of the run.  Each time I hit my seat search it took several minutes - then came back with only $400 seat options.  Last attempt was to try for two single seats and I wasn't sure the code would work that way.  Found a $75 single for 12/14 (last night before close) and then went back in and tried for another single $75 single, but was offered a $200 one instead.  I grabbed it.  Out the door wit

F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen  Mar 28 2018, 11:37:27 AM

I'm not mad.  Just frustrated.  They made it sound like you could look at dates before your code was live.  And the website that they gave will not load.

I was able to go into the main site and use my code - but it's taking 5 min just to check availability for one date.

F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen  Mar 28 2018, 11:21:55 AM

Same here.  My slot is 11:30.  I went in straight to the site and picked a date and I saw a code link.  I entered my code and it said "This promotion has not yet begun."

Next Round for Springsteen  Mar 27 2018, 12:07:03 PM

I'm reading on ticketmaster that recommend using a desktop computer for booking.  Their site is blocked at my workplace.  Has anyone tried to book any of these verified fan events from a phone?  Trying to figure out if I need to go find a computer outside work for my time slot.

Next Round for Springsteen  Mar 26 2018, 09:37:51 PM

I'm in the second slot - 11:30...(-:

I guess I better look through the older threads to know what to expect.  I really don't want to go for the high priced seats.  But I'd be all over the cheap seats, especially if I can line it up with an upcoming trip.

Dad & Daughters need one last (must-see?) show  Mar 21 2018, 06:30:39 PM

My HS daughters and I will be in town the second week of April for their spring break and we have tickets for the following: Once on this Island Sweeney Todd Seafarer Say Something Bunny Lobby Hero The Bands Visit What must-see show are we missing? (We’ve already see Ham, DEH, CFA) We are leaning toward a musical and we’d be open to off-broadway. We were thinking Carousel but early reviews are mixed and we’d like to see something new, if possible. Our last open slot is a Wed

OOTI best price guarantee...not so much!  Jan 9 2018, 07:50:04 PM
Just to clarify (if it matters), I do but the annual TDF membership - and as I’m planning my family’s annual broadway blitz trip, I buy what I can ahead of time, then save other (lower priced) show options for rush or TDF tickets. If I start seeing a show being offered on TDF, and it’s not on our must-see list, I would usually hold off and take my chances.
OOTI best price guarantee...not so much!  Jan 9 2018, 12:43:06 PM
I sprung for three $89 seats ($100 with fees) last weekend for an April date and noticed the “price guarantee.” Now I see a few TDF shows offered. Now granted, who knows if my date would be offered up in April, but if it is, I won’t be too happy. Still, I would imagine this guarantee would not be applicable to TDF.
Dad need rec's for 5 shows in April please.  Jan 7 2018, 06:06:22 PM
Hey all, thanks for your quick and awesome feedback. Based on these suggestions and a little bit more research and talking to my girls, we booked the bands visit and once on this island today.

Now we just have three open slots that will hopefully be filled with cheaper seats on TDF or rush tickets. We’re thinking of book of mormon and hopefully carousel (if they offer rush or TDF) and maybe even rushing come from away again.

Dad need rec's for 5 shows in April please.  Jan 7 2018, 11:47:38 AM

freewilma said: "Highly recommend Mean Girls for your daughters. It got great reviews here in Washington and our family and all the teenfriends LOVED it! The Play that Goes Wrong is slapstick, silly humor that appeals to most teens and you should be able to get a discount ticket without too much problem. It's also a small house and almost any seat would do.

I'm heading to NYC with a high school group later this month and they are all SO excited to see Spongebob! I

Dad need rec's for 5 shows in April please.  Jan 7 2018, 11:20:52 AM

Crazy NooNooHead said: "Rush tickets forThe Play That Goes Wrongare easy to get.BOMis my favorite, so if it's on your kids' listand you're willing to try the lottery and/or do standing room, I definitely recommend it. You might also be able to get $69 or $79 tickets if you'd rather have the guarantee. I also secondThe Band's VisitandSweeney Todd.Puffsis also very funny and appears on TDF a lot."

We may

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You