F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#1F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:12am

So I got a code for 11 AM today. Great, I thought, "Maybe This Time." But no. The damn website win't even load. Refreshing over and over and over and nothing. Just a big blank screen.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:16am

Keep trying...they probably just got slammed.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RaisedOnMusicals
#3F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:19am

dramamama611 said: "Keep trying...they probably just got slammed."

Constantly refreshing on three different browsers. No luck  

Malatenj Profile Photo
Malatenj
#4F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:21am

Same here.  My slot is 11:30.  I went in straight to the site and picked a date and I saw a code link.  I entered my code and it said "This promotion has not yet begun."

After Eight
#5F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:22am

Here's the best solution: Save both your time and money and don't give either to either.

RaisedOnMusicals
#6F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:26am

Malatenj said: "Same here. My slot is 11:30. I went in straight to the site and picked a date and I saw a code link. I entered my code and it said "This promotion has not yet begun.""

You got further along than I did. I couldn't get to the site at all with an 11 AM slot.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#7F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:27am

It worked for me.

OhHiii
#8F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:28am

I'm confused as to why people are so mad about not being able to purchase tickets with an 11:30am code when it's just now 11:28...

RaisedOnMusicals
#9F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:35am

OhHiii said: "I'm confused as to why people are so mad about not being able to purchase tickets with an 11:30am code when it's just now 11:28..."

I assume you're not confused as to why I'm upset with not even getting the site to load with an 11 AM slot, starting right at 11 AM? 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#10F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:36am

CT2NYC said: "It worked for me."

You are the Broadway ticket whisperer! smiley

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#11F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:36am

I had an 11am slot and was checked out by 11:15, and part of that was on me because I was having to wait as I flipped through a couple of dates. After being waitlisted for the last two sales I thought this one went very smoothly. Sorry you had such a bad experience!

Malatenj Profile Photo
Malatenj
#12F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:37am

I'm not mad.  Just frustrated.  They made it sound like you could look at dates before your code was live.  And the website that they gave will not load.

I was able to go into the main site and use my code - but it's taking 5 min just to check availability for one date.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#13F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 12:21pm

Generally speaking, you should use their app for massive on-sales; everyone uses their computers but no one (relatively speaking) really uses the app, so the traffic flowing in/out is different.

I have several friends who swear by the app for this stuff and repeatedly get otherwise impossible tickets.

Sarah Jacobs
#14F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 12:46pm

Whenever I select seats, it prompts me to put in my code again. When I do, it says the code is incorrect. Sigh.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#15F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 12:56pm

I had a 12pm slot, and I found the process to be surprisingly easy breezy.

The Pecan Sandies
#16F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 1:15pm

I had a 12 pm slot and just gave up out of frustration. Every time I entered the code that they sent me it told me it was incorrect. I tried on my laptop and mobile and got the same message every time even when I copied and pasted directly from the message

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#17F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 2:31pm

veronicamae said: "Generally speaking, you should use their app for massive on-sales; everyone uses their computers but no one (relatively speaking) really uses the app, so the traffic flowing in/out is different."

The issue there would be that mobile traffic is likely going to a different server at Ticketmaster. If mobile apps were hitting the same server as all other traffic, then it wouldn't be any better.

madela2
#18F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 3:04pm

I was just able to get Balc A 22 for $75 on July 21. I got a standby code at 1pm CT. I searched a variety of dates for about an hour on my desktop. So I guess there may still be hope for other singles? Good luck, everyone!

Updated On: 3/28/18 at 03:04 PM

Malatenj Profile Photo
Malatenj
#19F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/28/18 at 9:43pm

I spent 30 minutes looking for 2 $75 seats on the weekend toward the end of the run.  Each time I hit my seat search it took several minutes - then came back with only $400 seat options.  Last attempt was to try for two single seats and I wasn't sure the code would work that way.  Found a $75 single for 12/14 (last night before close) and then went back in and tried for another single $75 single, but was offered a $200 one instead.  I grabbed it.  Out the door with two Friday night seats for around $300.  Guess I'll be heading to town to do some Christmas shopping...

Updated On: 3/28/18 at 09:43 PM

sharona39
#20F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/29/18 at 7:40am

I was on standby but got a code around 6 pm. Tried to purchase tickets on mobile phone and kept getting incorrect code message. Got home to my lap top around 9 pm and was able to purchase two orchestra seats in August for $500. I already saw the show so this is round two for us. The first time we snagged tickets was via the text alert. ($400 face value orchestra seats) BTW - the folks next to us purchased their tickets at the box office that day ($500). We were in side orchestra - (house right )but on aisle side by center orchestra. There were two seats next to us and two others on other side - both purchased the day of show. So for locals - it’s worth checking out.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#21F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/29/18 at 7:42am

I got a wait list code around 1....but since I was at work, I didn't even see it until 3...but didn't bother to try.  I was only willing to go for the cheap seats.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 3/29/18 at 07:42 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#22F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/29/18 at 8:34am

I was on standby/waitlist for every Springsteen onsale for the entire run, and never once got a code.

BWAY Baby2
#23F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/29/18 at 9:03am

My sister got a code- but did not know how o use it- she gave up. I tried it at around 5 last night- got two tickets on side- row 3 for end of run on a Wednesday night- it cost 1247.70- wow- never spent that for a Bway show- though spent 1500 to see Barbra and did not blink  Luckily her prices came down. Broadway and concert going have become really expensive- even Evan Hanson cost an arm and a leg. Just the way it is these days- and if you do not have a ton of money- it really makes it difficult.  I find London much easier and cheaper.

greenifyme2
#24F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/29/18 at 9:18am

It doesn’t have to be expensive. I got tickets for DEH 4 times with Ben and never paid over $200. My total cost for all 4 performances was $440. And not all of them were early on.

Got a code for Noon Springsteen. Tried 2 searches and gave up. Wasn’t willing to spend more than $200 per ticket and those weren’t happening. Oh well.

BWAY Baby2
#25F#%K Ticketmaster/Springsteen
Posted: 3/29/18 at 9:40am

Prices for DEH are absurd now- premium tickets make up most of the orchestra- and for me- and this is just my own thing- I would rather not go to a show then sit in crappy seats. If I can't score tickets in the first 5 rows- I don't bother- would rather watch television or read.