News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Saralou

Member Name: Saralou
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frozen Partial View Seats  Jan 13 2019, 12:26:40 AM
Bumping this to say my friend and I got partial view seats today about 2.5 hours before showtime direct from Ticketmaster since the show wasn't on TKTS today. I'm so happy we did! They were $79 each plus fees.

We were in orchestra right, row A seats 10 and 12 which were the last two seats all the way house right, second row. There was a decent amount of obstruction of stage left but honestly it didn't hurt the experience for us at all. We were so unbelievably close that we could see eve

To Kill a Mockingbird Rush  Jan 12 2019, 11:54:30 PM
I rushed this morning (a very cold Saturday and obviously a two show day) and got there about 9:45. There were maybe 40-50 people ahead of me? Hard to tell exactly but quite a few. By the time I got to the window all they had left for matinee was SRO.

Just to offer a few words of warning, I don't know about other theaters but the ledge to lean on here is quite high, especially out towards the side because the floor has a slope. I did ok but it would have been much more comfortable if i

Broadway theatre drinks!  Jan 9 2019, 09:38:37 PM
Thank you for all the responses! I know there are more affordable and better quality drinks elsewhere, obviously you pay a premium for the convenience and novelty of having the drink in the theatre. I was more looking for opinions on what drinks were worth trying and approximately how much to expect to pay. I got some good insight! thank you.
Broadway theatre drinks!  Jan 8 2019, 11:53:17 PM
Kind of a random question but I thought it might interest others as well and there is not a lot of information online about the bar menus at the theaters.

I know many of the shows have special/themed cocktails in souvenir cups, but I assume they are pretty pricey. I am seeing a few shows this weekend when I'm in town from Florida and may splurge on one, but dont want to get many if they're $20+ apiece and especially if they dont taste particularly good.

Does anyone have any

Laura Benanti @ Sarasota Opera House  Sep 22 2018, 10:56:44 AM
I just wanted to share the wonderful evening my husband and I had at Laura's cabaret show in Sarasota last night, and see if anyone else was there.

The 90 minutes flew by, a nice mix of hilarious stories and an eclectic group of songs beautifully sung. She has a wonderful way of making you feel like she's just talking to a group of friends. She opened with "She Loves Me in 15 minutes" including Tonight At Eight, which was fun to hear sung by a woman.

I have been a longtime fan

SPONGEBOB Rush and Lottery  Dec 28 2017, 08:29:57 PM
I was in the city for one day (12/20/17) on vacation from Florida and desperately wanted to take my 4-year-old son to see this so my husband and I both entered the lottery for the matinee and he won! The tickets were $30 each and they were phenomenal seats! Orchestra row O seats 120 and 118. Seriously amazing for lottery seats, I didn't have any expectations.

Also, the show is a blast. And there's a lot of talent in that cast. Seriously, don't write it off, it was a great time.

We Really Do Need a CAMELOT Revival  Dec 3 2016, 03:41:48 PM

Yesss. I've never seen a production of it on any level, but the cast recording is one of my favorites. Absolutely gorgeous. Why hasn't this happened? Laura Benanti would be a dream, she has the voice and the comedic chops. 

Best stage door story  Nov 29 2016, 12:14:52 AM

I have only gotten to stage door a handful of times and in general everyone is nice but by far my favorite experience was the School of Rock stage door a month ago. The kids were so self-assured and poised but kind and polite, we were very impressed. Becky Gulsvig was also extremely nice, I told her I saw her in the Legally Blonde tour years ago and she seemed genuinely happy that I remembered that and enjoyed her. But the best part was Alex Brightman who took his time with everyone there and

School of Rock rush  Oct 26 2016, 12:31:19 AM

Thank you!

We actually did get to rush yesterday and I thought I'd come back and share my experience in case it helps anyone else. 

We got to the theater at ten til 10, the box office opens at 10 Monday through Saturday. There were maybe 30ish people in line ahead of us. It moved quickly and we were offered the choice of sitting in two partial view seats together in the mezzanine or being separated, still in partial view but in the front of the orchestra. We chose the l

School of Rock rush  Oct 21 2016, 08:58:33 PM

Haven't seen anything in a while about it, has anyone rushed it recently? I may be trying Sunday or Monday and would like to hear some experiences. Thanks!

School of Rock options  Sep 18 2016, 06:03:52 PM

I'm coming to see a few shows late October and I'm pretty sure I want to see School of Rock but no one else in my group does so I'll be splitting off either for Sunday matinee or Monday eve. I know there's never a guarantee, and things could change with availability of discount tickets by then but am I more likely to get seats at a good price by trying to rush or going to TKTS? Thanks for any insight!

Pre/post show dinner and drinks  Aug 30 2016, 05:13:20 PM

Thank you both for the suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time to give thoughtful responses. :)

Pre/post show dinner and drinks  Aug 30 2016, 04:45:44 PM

I tried to use the search feature and it either wasn't working right or there hasn't been a post about this in two years so I wanted to get some updated insights and opinions. If it's better suited to the off-topic boards, let me know.

Where do you usually go for dinner or drinks on the nights you see shows? Do you like to eat before or after? And do you make a reservation or feel that they're needed? Thanks!

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 01:00:35 AM

Seriously thank you SO much! My husband, sister, BIL and I spent an hour trying to get tix in the new block with no luck and then I saw your tip and snapped up row V of the orchestra for late October. I'm so stoked and grateful!

Hamilton Cancellation Line  May 29 2016, 07:50:53 PM

My friend and I live in FL and are actually thinking of flying up impulsively to try to do the cancellation line sometime in the next couple of weeks. I've been reading this thread and I know it seems to keep changing but I was wondering if anyone  has noticed a trend with the best day of the week or time to try it. Like whether matinees are better or worse, etc. If we could do this we would only get one or two chances to try, period. Thanks. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You