School of Rock options

Saralou
#1School of Rock options
Posted: 9/18/16 at 6:03pm

I'm coming to see a few shows late October and I'm pretty sure I want to see School of Rock but no one else in my group does so I'll be splitting off either for Sunday matinee or Monday eve. I know there's never a guarantee, and things could change with availability of discount tickets by then but am I more likely to get seats at a good price by trying to rush or going to TKTS? Thanks for any insight!

Updated On: 9/18/16 at 06:03 PM

10086sunset
#3School of Rock options
Posted: 9/19/16 at 7:32am

PThespian said: "Your best bet is definitely TKTS. The rush and lottery tickets are usually partial view.

There are also some good discounts available online.

PS.Tell your friends they don't know what they're missing.  :)
"

PThespian, I truly appreciate your enthusiasm...

They don't pay you enough over there...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#5School of Rock options
Posted: 9/19/16 at 8:59am

I keep meaning to go back to this show, but I'm curious (even though this is the wrong thread for it)... I saw it when they did the Gramercy stagings months in advance... did it change much from then?

Oak2
#7School of Rock options
Posted: 9/19/16 at 12:19pm

I rushed School of Rock and got a front row seat that thankfully wasn't partial view since it was enough to the center, but I saw others who rushed who were placed in the far side and I could tell that they had some views blocked, they kept trying to crane to the right to see what was going on. Also being up front really hurt my senses from being so close to the lights and noise, my eyes kept watering from it. Still, I loved the show, and it was still worth it for the low price! If you're only concerned with getting your ticket as cheap as possible do rush, but if those factors would bother you I'd say go for TKTS, it'll probably be more expensive but you won't have to worry about partial view or about being too close to all the lights and noise.

Also I second the statements towards PThespian. I truly admire everything I"ve seen you say and how gung-ho you are about this show. Many of your posts were the reason I put this show on my list of shows to see while I was on Broadway. Thank you and keep doing what you've been doing.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#8School of Rock options
Posted: 9/19/16 at 12:26pm

When I saw it we were to the pretty far right of the stage but could still see everything. My family and I loved it, tons of fun and the kids are amazing. Alex Brightman is fantastic and in a non Hamilton year might have had a chance to win Tony award.