News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for greggregson

Member Name: greggregson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Body Positivity Project urges MUNY to reconsider fat suits in BATB
 Jun 27 2023, 10:37:23 PM

Using the terms “rail thin” and “skinny” are not the compliments people seem to think they are. Most men that receive this moniker work hard to not be “skinny.” There are lots of body image issues in the actor community around being seen as skinny and not “fit” or “strong.” Maybe let’s just stop commenting on people’s bodies.

THE MUSIC MAN - Goodman Theatre, Chicago
 Jul 11 2019, 07:00:57 PM
I’ve seen it twice, and the “strange ending” has been cut. It’s now the traditional ending with the children of River City attempting to play together as a band for the first time.
Is a Toni Colette led MAME Revival Coming?
 Jun 30 2019, 03:40:34 PM

darquegk said: "I’ve said for years Jane Krakowski was my pick, but there’s another pick that occurred to me today. Someone with the right mix of impishness, glamour and brassy chaotic energy. She’s the right age to play early thirties to late forties over a show, Mame’s canonical age according to the novels (although traditionally the character is played more early fifties to late sixties), though she will likely read younger and sexier than Lan

STRAIGHT WHITE MEN Previews
 Jun 28 2018, 07:03:57 PM
Denis Arndt wasn’t with Heisenberg from the beginning. He replaced the Kenneth Welsh very early on in rehearsals for the premiere off-Broadway
Spongebob and the Right to be Upset (Rant)
 Feb 5 2018, 11:18:23 AM
Union labor at its finest.

An usher at The Color Purple a few years ago came into the partial view box where I was seated before the show started so she could bark instructions at audience members. When I told her at intermission that her continued yelling in our ears before the show wasn’t a great start to a special evening out, she said the F word to me three times and covered up her name tag.

Long story short, I told a manager during intermission and she told me to speak

Dream Cast Jane Krakowski
 Jun 15 2016, 11:05:33 AM

She would be incredible as Mame! She would dance the heck out of it, sound amazing on that beautiful Jerry Herman score, look stunning, land all the humor...I'm ready for it now!

Who could play Vera to her Mame? Alison Janney? Bebe Neuwirth?

Jenn Simard as Gooch!

Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
 Jun 1 2016, 03:04:04 PM

After watching this, it struck me that Ms. Krakowski would make a wonderful Mame. She's the right age. She's a true comedian. She would dance the heck out of "That's How Young I Feel." And has a great voice to boot!

Thoughts?

Any other roles you would love to see her play?  I can't wait another 13 years for her to come back to Broadway!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You