pixeltracker

Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning

Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning

RW3
#1Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 1:15pm

Really nice feature on her. I teared up a little bit at the part when she was talking about why she took She Loves Me. Also, does anyone what song from Starlight Express she sings"My name is Dinah and I'm your dining car"? I'm just curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdlV5V8OlAg

Updated On: 5/29/16 at 01:15 PM

@z5
#2Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 4:52pm

Nice segment. She was very sweet when I met her after She Loves Me.

Alessio2
#3Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 7:10pm

I love her, I'm still so upset I saw her understudy in She Loves Me...she was the main reason for me wanting to see it!

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#4Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 7:32pm

What a lovely piece. I absolutely adore her. Let's hope she doesn't wait too long to return to the stage once She Loves Me wraps up.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 8:10pm

That was wonderful. Heartbreaking that her dad hasn't been able to see the show yet. 

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#6Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 8:44pm

It's amazing how incredibly earnest and true she is. Maybe the reason she's so great at delivering the absurd dialogue Tina Fey has written for her on both 30 Rock and Kimmy Schmidt is because she's so not-jaded and direct (her sense of humor in even this short interview comes across as sarcasm-free) she is as a human.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#7Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/29/16 at 9:34pm

I have been in love with Jane for years, and I love how she was in that interview. She is one of America's very underrated comedians. No one can deliver a wackadoo line quite like she can with complete genuine composure. The fact that her dad might not see the show and for her reasons for taking it are heartbreaking and inspiring. 

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

theatreguy12
#8Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/30/16 at 2:05am

A charming woman.  And gorgeous too.  Have been impressed with her ever since seeing her in Grand Hotel.

dwirth
#9Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/30/16 at 1:51pm

After we saw She Loves Me, I noted to my college drama student daughter that while all the leads gave wonderful performances, that she should take extra note of Krakowski's performace, as THAT was a real acting pro (among many skilled performers) doing exactly what she does best. Milked every word, every line, every gesture and look and gag for best effect. Fantastic!

Musicaldudepeter
#10Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 5/30/16 at 2:45pm

I really hope she takes the Tony on June 12th. I don't know what will happen, but I think she's the dark horse, and truly deserves it for a scene-stealing Katie Finneran-Laura Benanti-Andrea Martin-Judy Kaye kind of performance that the Tonys have honored recently… Who knows. If She Loves Me nabs the best revival category, Krakowski could go along for the ride. (I do think Purple is winning, though.)

greggregson
#11Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 6/1/16 at 3:04pm

After watching this, it struck me that Ms. Krakowski would make a wonderful Mame. She's the right age. She's a true comedian. She would dance the heck out of "That's How Young I Feel." And has a great voice to boot!

Thoughts?

Any other roles you would love to see her play?  I can't wait another 13 years for her to come back to Broadway!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#12Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 6/1/16 at 3:36pm

I love her! I believe I've seen her in most of her Broadway shows.  I think she would make a fabulous Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#13Jane Krakowski on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted: 6/1/16 at 3:38pm

^She's my choice to play Velma Von Tussle in Hairspray Live.

Videos