News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sppunk

Member Name: sppunk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 06:01:29 PM

One bonus with the decreased viewership is less people watched that trainwreck of a telecast. Maybe they’ll come back next year after hearing how bad this one was and whoever the new host will be. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:59:03 PM

The only redeeming part outside the choreography in HK. But Kelli deserved it more imo. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:33:06 PM

Outsiders didn’t increase my desire to buy tickets. It’s the only nominee I haven’t seen, either. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:22:15 PM

Wrong song for Suffs. Out of place it is a slow piece with no action. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:13:00 PM

This ceremony is trying to turn people off theater, aggressively, it seems. It is so disjointed and the production quality is amateur. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:33:26 PM

Wait I thought they were told they couldn’t perform? 

The 77th Annual TONY Awards Performances
 Jun 16 2024, 08:20:31 PM

HK’s book is awful - those writers put together this mashup apparently   

FLOYD COLLINS to be given Broadway revival by Lincoln Center
 Jun 10 2024, 01:21:13 PM

I’ve never heard of this musical. Ever. 

But I know Collins was a spelunker so it makes sense for it go into the cavernous Beaumont stage. 

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 2 2024, 09:08:14 PM

Crime in NYC continues to decrease   Source: https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/pr0101/nypd-citywide-crime-statistics-march-first-quarter-2024

But hey look a hit piece by a reporter for the City Journal that the Post shares - color me shocked! 

The fact she blames Biden for a lack of NYC hotel rooms is all one needs to know about her opinion. 

National Tour Vs Regional Theatre
 Jun 2 2024, 05:40:07 PM

I generally prefer regional over touring - I live near EPAC and Fulton and Open Stage in south central PA and they have great pride in what they do and do uniformly excellent productions. 

I find many touring productions now cut so many costs the focus isn’t on the stage but the bank account. Every theater does this of course, but I feel you get more buy in from local/regional that has good local artists. 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 May 31 2024, 03:08:25 PM

Anything for Oh, Mary?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 12:00:32 PM

I grabbed Orch row 0 tickets for $195/each for the week before it opens, which I don't think is an awwwwful deal. Row N was $318! It's been a looooooong time I was in the Majestic and I've never seen a stage production of Gypsy, so looking forward to it. 

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 02:38:57 PM

Began attending shows around 2012 and have 135 or so under our belts now but recency bias is here. 

The final performance of Come From Away was incredibly special. We saw the 3rd performance of CFA at Ford’s Theatre in DC and opening night on Broadway, so that bookend was joyous and fun. 

Seeing Hello, Dolly! with Bette. Seeing my wife more excited for anything in her life and everyone else was thrilling. And then that show with its sets and colors and costumes j

PSA: Purlie Victorious premiers on PBS’ Great Performances Friday, May 24
 May 22 2024, 09:09:06 PM

Set those DVRs or add to favorites on the PBS MyPassport app! 

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?
 May 6 2024, 09:53:07 PM

Hot take: it looks like a Trump deigned building with fake gold all over the place. And that center aisle is just … why.  

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 6 2024, 01:04:48 PM

Went to buy tickets at box office yesterday when in town and it was closed. Grrr. Any codes for this show for July dates? 

MARY JANE Previews
 May 5 2024, 07:04:54 PM

I was there today as well in the last row of the orchestra (Q) and had zero issues hearing anything. 

This play overall isn’t great but McAdams was quite incredible. I think her performance is stronger than Paulson but Appropriate is imo a vastly better overall play. 

Glad I saw McAdams. I hope she gets a Tony for this role. It is a hard one. 

I’d pay all the money for a show with her, Linnie and Parker. 

UNCLE VANYA 2024 Broadway Reviews
 May 4 2024, 11:57:08 PM

Was there tonight and I greatly enjoyed this production. I disagree with most of the reviews and think they missed something that Heidi pulled out on purpose of a Chekhov play. 

Carell is good but William Jackson Harper is absolutely a scene stealer. What a performance! 

This is Chekhov - it should not have bells and whistles. It is a deep interpersonal play that is true to heart of so many - life is a failed experience but we must march on 

I actually

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 May 3 2024, 11:26:35 PM

Was there tonight and the entire pre show thing was a cluster**** of epic proportions. You couldn’t get to a bathroom or a bar with the crowding and we were almost late to our seats because we had no idea where to go and could get staff to help due to so many bodies. 

The show itself is fine. Reviews are pretty spot on with this show imo. It’s nothing bad yet nothing super memorable except a poor, poor performance of Cliff. 

They don’t sell

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 3 2024, 12:02:17 PM

Dead babies and satanic cats! it’s wonderful to be back in Schlimmer. 

This is phenomenal. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You