News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sppunk

Member Name: sppunk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?  May 6 2024, 09:53:07 PM

Hot take: it looks like a Trump deigned building with fake gold all over the place. And that center aisle is just … why.  

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 6 2024, 01:04:48 PM

Went to buy tickets at box office yesterday when in town and it was closed. Grrr. Any codes for this show for July dates? 

MARY JANE Previews  May 5 2024, 07:04:54 PM

I was there today as well in the last row of the orchestra (Q) and had zero issues hearing anything. 

This play overall isn’t great but McAdams was quite incredible. I think her performance is stronger than Paulson but Appropriate is imo a vastly better overall play. 

Glad I saw McAdams. I hope she gets a Tony for this role. It is a hard one. 

I’d pay all the money for a show with her, Linnie and Parker. 

UNCLE VANYA 2024 Broadway Reviews  May 4 2024, 11:57:08 PM

Was there tonight and I greatly enjoyed this production. I disagree with most of the reviews and think they missed something that Heidi pulled out on purpose of a Chekhov play. 

Carell is good but William Jackson Harper is absolutely a scene stealer. What a performance! 

This is Chekhov - it should not have bells and whistles. It is a deep interpersonal play that is true to heart of so many - life is a failed experience but we must march on 

I actually

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  May 3 2024, 11:26:35 PM

Was there tonight and the entire pre show thing was a cluster**** of epic proportions. You couldn’t get to a bathroom or a bar with the crowding and we were almost late to our seats because we had no idea where to go and could get staff to help due to so many bodies. 

The show itself is fine. Reviews are pretty spot on with this show imo. It’s nothing bad yet nothing super memorable except a poor, poor performance of Cliff. 

They don’t sell

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 3 2024, 12:02:17 PM

Dead babies and satanic cats! it’s wonderful to be back in Schlimmer. 

This is phenomenal. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 07:58:27 PM

In meetings all day and just seeing the norms. I’m so utterly confused how Hell’s Kitchen leads the charge. Yes the new music ska are all very weak but … really???

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 09:13:07 AM

dramamama611 said: ""wasted"? Have you already decided it's not worth it? While not perfect, Cabaret is still quite good.

I don't know if it can extend in its current home but if it it sells well, I think it could happen .. even if it has to again, relicate.
"

Wasted was indeed a poor word choice. But is I’d have gkttten tickets for this instead of Cabaret which isn’t my fav show by any stretch and I’ve seen countles

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 01:18:30 AM

Any chance this will extend? I can’t make it back before it closes and for next week I bought Cabaret tickets months ago when I shouldn’t have seemingly wasted my money and got tickets for this. Grrr 

UNCLE VANYA 2024 Broadway Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 11:09:50 PM

It’s quite amazing this season with so many new shows they all basically aren’t good. We have wasted so much money this season on mediocrity, it really makes me question buying tickets for next season before shows open.  And we see 15+ shows each year. 

What a drag of a year. Appropriate, Mary Jane and Merrily not included …

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 09:40:08 PM

The fact Hell’s Kitchen is a Critic’s Pick and this is a dour mixed (sounds negative to me) review makes my head spin off my shoulders. 

SUFFS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 17 2024, 09:43:06 PM

I wanted to love it but felt wanted more and let down. I expect mostly all mixed reviews. 

Favorite spots for Pre-Broadway Drinks/Dinner  Apr 11 2024, 10:52:18 PM

As Is, 50th &10th

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 5 2024, 12:15:08 PM

The set is pretty great and the best of all the set of new musicals. WTF?

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Apr 1 2024, 07:13:55 PM

jkcohen626 said: "sppunk said: "Saw 4 showsthis weekend and none did any collection work or even mention the initiative.

- The Notebook
- Appropriate
​​​​​​- Lempicka
- Suffs

I was disappointed.
"

Shows in previews don't do it and many new shows won't, even after they're open. It would be nice if they still had people with buckets. But, having your whole cast sign a bunch of stuff is big time commitment for

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Apr 1 2024, 04:26:01 PM

Saw 4 shows this weekend and none did any collection work or even mention the initiative. 

- The Notebook
- Appropriate 
​​​​​​- Lempicka
- Suffs 

I was disappointed. 

SUFFS Previews  Mar 31 2024, 06:51:36 PM

I was there this afternoon too and I’m not sure what to think. Overall it’s very strong and my current pick for fav new musical (yet to see Outsiders). 

Part of me thinks it’ll be a hit but part of me thinks it’s like a mediocre theater spectacle show with great vocalists. 

The lighting is distractingly off - lots of mistakes. We sat next to a producer making a metric ton of notes so they’re working on shortening it

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 30 2024, 11:14:52 PM

Caught it tonight and I was pretty blown away to be honest. The 2nd act gets a bit wonky for 10 or so minutes but it finds it feet with a strong finish. 

It’s night and day compared to The Notebook which I saw last when it comes to actual music and vocal performances - the Moore I think about Notebook more I loathe it. Eden slays as expected but Amber Iman, Beth Leavel and George Abud rise above too. 

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Mar 29 2024, 11:07:17 PM

Saw this finally tonight and man I really disliked it. 

No one on stage had any charisma, connection and the songs were cheesy as hell and they couldn't even nail them. I contemplated leaving at intermission and I NEVER do that. 

Probably didn’t help seemingly half the people around us were on their phones the majority of the show. I can’t say I blame them. 

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Mar 20 2024, 09:55:42 AM

Well damn. I bought tix for March 31 mainly to see Shaina. Grrr

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You