News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HGR2

Member Name: HGR2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway to Close?
 Mar 11 2020, 05:31:24 PM

This is very sad. The president is doing another address tonight.  I suspect tonight will be the last night of performances.  If it is bad enough to shut down they will want to do it as soon as reasonably possible.

Broadway and the Coronavirus
 Mar 10 2020, 05:54:05 PM

Had tickets for SIX on Wednesday, and LSOH on Thursday.  Called Ticketmaster on Saturday, and believe they refunded my ticket today.  Called Telecharge today - waited on the phone for 30 minutes, but they refunded as well.  Thankful for the refunds.  Sad for the circumstances. Praying for everyone.

Best Songs of the Decade
 Dec 30 2019, 05:37:02 PM

I would not chose it as the best, but I have to mention:

"Michael in the Bathroom" from Be More Chill.

It wasn't alone, that show had a couple of great songs.  But can any other soundtrack claim to be the whole reason the show made it to Broadway?  Probably not.

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews
 Mar 14 2019, 04:54:57 AM

fashionguru_23 said: "Did anyone else catch the performance on GMA this morning?

All I'm saying is that after seeing that, if I had tickets, I would not be excited to go.
"

Agreed. I saw the show recently and liked it, but I don't think they did themselves any favors on GMA with that truncated opening number. 

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC
 Oct 18 2018, 07:54:53 PM

Understudies:

• For Beetlejuice: Abe Goldfarb, George Merrick
  • For Lydia: Presley Ryan, Dana Steingold
  • For Barbara: Jill Abramovitz, Kim Sava
  • For Charles: Abe Goldfarb, George Merrick
  • For Adam: Abe Goldfarb, George Merrick

Oct 15 2018, 04:30:34 PM

I didn't think the vulgarity was that bad.  PG most of it, maybe a visual gag going PG-13 (I won't do any spoilers.)  Cus words - of course.  Some sexual jokes.  I really didn't think it was that bad at all.  Not as bad as Book of Mormon - nothing near that explicit.  I would not be scared away by the warning. 

Oct 14 2018, 11:36:46 PM

I was there.  Quick thoughts.  The audience loved it.  Production and set was an A+ (seriously... exceptional).  Sophia Anne Caruso is probably the star of the show - but none of the roles was weak.  I thought Alex was very good - not exceptional.  The play is not a copy of the movie, but references enough familiar elements to keep movie lovers engaged.  The show was close to 3 hours start to finish.

I tended to think the score was a little weak, but

I Think I Skip 2018
 Jan 11 2018, 08:54:00 PM

I'm in the same situation.  Normally we do an annual visit in the spring with the family and take in 3-4 shows (I admit - we like musicals) but this year we just haven't had the one or two that we are aching to see - probably tops on my list is Spongebob but enthusiasm seems to be waning.  We are probably going to take a break this year and see what next year holds.

I don't feel the need to watch it again.
 Oct 23 2016, 02:57:04 PM

It was OK.  At the end of the night it was more "Standard PBS Fare" than anything else.  If you like that sort of thing.

FREAKY FRIDAY at Signature Theatre in DC
 Oct 11 2016, 11:08:36 PM

I saw it tonight.  A very fun time. Heidi and Emma really shine.  If I had one comment?  Heidi and Emma carry the show.  You need two very strong leads to carry this show because so much depends on them.  I thought Jason Gotay was fantastic(Adam).  Jake Miller does great as Fletcher (the younger brother.)  A wonderful show to watch. If you were to ask me for one change -  I would love to see Alan Green get one more song/moment as the father - that

Lin-Manuel Miranda to host SNL
 Oct 9 2016, 11:31:59 AM

Thought Lin was great the first half of the show.  Loved Twenty One Pilots.  Second half of the show didn't have any great material.  Didn't change my opinion to watch SNL any time soon.

Holders of resold tickets denied entry to 'Harry Potter'
 Aug 18 2016, 03:36:09 PM

I don't know why the theaters don't adapt the methods of the ticket sellers.  Sell a certain number at a particular price (if you want) but then keep a fair number at a variable price.  This would allow folks who don't decide months in advance to purchase tickets - even at a higher price.  This would allow the theaters to reap the benefits of higher prices.  Certainly they can put together an appropriate system for such a scenario.

Rather t

Cats Previews
 Jul 14 2016, 08:44:08 PM

I would love to see it - I don't know if I am going to have the opportunity. Lots of hope, some hopes come true - I am happy with that.

Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
 Jul 13 2016, 08:38:16 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "To dismiss an entire group of performers without having seen or heard them by saying they're not worth the prices is not speculation, it's ignorance. I mean I don't think any cast is worth what a lot of people have paid to see Hamilton but I have little doubt that this cast aren't giving great performances that do justice to the material they're working with. Do some people really think out of all the actors that have auditioned etc., none of them

Jul 13 2016, 08:16:27 PM

HogansHero said: "HGR2 said: "Now it feels like you are going to see a cover band.  Is it worth the prices?  I don't think so.  That - of course - is a personal opinion."

So having no idea who is going to replace Diggs, and presumably not having seen any of the replacements including Javi who is, to many of our estimation, an improvement over Lin-Manuel performatively, you have reached this personal opinion. 

okay.

Jul 13 2016, 07:24:30 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "The show was raved about long before the album came out."

Hopefully this link works (to Google Trends).  According to wikipedia, the album was released Sep 2015.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=hamilton%20musical&date=1%2F2015%2019m&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT%2B4

Agree the show was raved about - but many of us didn't hear about it until we heard the album.

Jul 13 2016, 07:06:10 PM

I guess my two cents.  

I'm surprised how quick this was.  I expected Daveed and Renee to leave soon (from some of their interviews:  he seemed tired, she always talked about tucking her kids into bed.)  That said, Daveed's departure is awful quick.

I do think this will hurt the production more than one might expect.  The great thing about this musical was the music.  The album really gave you the whole show.  The show itself was almost

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You