News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for poochie4

Member Name: poochie4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What's the pre show announcement for In the Heights?  Nov 5 2010, 02:36:48 PM
I've noticed in my multiple viewings of the show (both on Broadway and on tour) that the last part of the announcment, the "a la bueno o a la mala" part, seems to elicit a big laugh from the spanish speaking members of the audience.

Anyone have any ideas what the saying means or a close approximation of it is saying? I assume it is a saying or idiom as a direct translation makes no sense.

My friend and I have always wondered. Thanks!

Angels in America Ticket Swap  Sep 15 2010, 08:41:47 PM
I have two tickets for the Wednesday, September 22nd, 7:30PM performance of Angels in America Part 2: Perestroika. Unfortunately I just got word I will have to be on a business trip during this time.

I know it may be a long shot or a lot to ask, but would anyone be willing to swap tickets for the same show at a later date? My tickets are row A seats 115 and 116. I am back from my trip Tuesday, October 5th.

Please personal message me if you are willing to switch.

Tha

Lin-Manuel Miranda and Miranda Sing 'The Word of Your Body'?  May 23 2010, 07:40:55 PM
As I said above, it is in response to a video posted by the tour cast of Spring Awakening auditioning for In the Heights.

You can see the video below...

Lin-Manuel Miranda and Miranda Sing 'The Word of Your Body'?  May 23 2010, 05:29:31 PM
I assume it's in response to
The 2010-2011 Broadway Real Estate Thread  May 19 2010, 10:35:47 AM
I have it on good authority that the producers of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson are eyeing the Walter Kerr. They've been in talks with Jujamcyn about it. I wonder if this contributed to the closing of ALNM. I also heard they had Marin Mazzie lined up to play Desiree.
Rant about the Tony nominations here  May 4 2010, 09:52:22 AM
Once again I am shocked by the amount of MEMPHIS hatred on this board. It was easily one of the best things I've seen this season and while I'll concede this wasn't a particularly strong season I don't think MEMPHIS deserves the trashing it gets.

I am shocked Sergio was overlooked for Choreography. Even people I know who hated the show loved the dancing. Ashford, really?

I am MOST shocked at the outpouring of love for La Cage in the technical categories. In all honesty I didn

La Cage-Substandard? Just to me?  Apr 30 2010, 11:23:56 AM
You are not alone, although yes I think we are in the minority. I saw the show last night and left thinking, hmmm... what's all the fuss about.

However, I did adore Hodge's performance. It was the only reason to see this production for me.

I feel it lacked the right energy. The audience seemed to adore it though.

Can you name the productions of the 09-10 Broadway Season  Apr 30 2010, 10:11:26 AM
In honor of the end of the 2009-10 Broadway Season I have made this Sporcle quiz.

Enjoy!

P.S. Check out my other Broadway related quizzes.

Who's going to ENRON tonight??  Apr 9 2010, 10:08:15 AM
I was there last night as well. I was seated on the aisle and the elderly woman fainted and hit her head on the arm of the chair in front of me. She was ill and what's worse she suffered a nasty gash on the back of her head. People were very good about coming to her aid and the paramedics arrived sometime after. Her niece was standing next to me and she said she was feeling ill as well. She reported that others in her party where also starting to feel ill. I definitely attribute their sickness t
Is AMERICAN IDIOT theatre?  Apr 3 2010, 12:58:53 PM
"It wouldn't have been much different if GreenDay would have just gotten up and sang. I didn't really care about any of those characters at all, anyway."

This is exactly how I feel about the show.

'Can you name the Musicals by Uncomfortable Plot Summary?'  Mar 28 2010, 03:54:39 PM
Here are three others that are fun....

Current Theatre Occupants
http://www.sporcle.com/games/jm3268/broadwaytheatre

Theatre Namesakes
http://www.sporcle.com/games/jm3268/broadwaynamesakes

Theatre Owners/Operators
http://www.sporcle.com/games/jm3268/broadwayowners

Henry Miller Theatre's to Be Renamed as THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM THEATRE!  Mar 27 2010, 03:23:25 PM
cool

Michelle Federer and Erin Mackey's last, did anyone go?  Jan 11 2010, 03:04:04 PM
I must have missed the release, who is coming in as Glinda? Also, who is rumored to ve taking over for Dee if indeed she is leaving within the next few months?

Thanks.

Memphis Lives in Lin-Manuel Miranda  Jan 9 2010, 02:08:55 PM
I cannot stop laughing at this. Love Lin-Manuel for doing this. I asked James about this at the stage door and rumor is Lin won't be the last "victim." Keep um coming guys!!
re: You Knew It Was Coming: What/ How Many Shows Did YOU See This Year?  Dec 27 2009, 03:45:24 PM
Pippin (Deaf West Regional)
Minsky's (LA World Premiere)
Noises Off (South Coast Rep)
Grease (National Tour)
Ain't Misbehavin' (Ahmanson Theatre)
Shrek The Musical (2x)
Hair
Ruined
Rock of Ages (2x)
West Side Story (2x)
Guys and Dolls
In the Heights
Billy Elliot: The Musical (2x)
God of Carnage
The Toxic Avenger
9 to 5: The Musical
The Wiz
Next to Normal (2x)
Altar Boyz
The Norman Conquests
The Lion King
Ma

re: Next to Normal with an all-black cast  Aug 2 2009, 02:00:13 AM
First of all, let's forget the economic argument about whether or not people would buy tickets to see this show if it had minority actors. We could debate for years about the logic of Broadway theatre-going habits.

What I, and I think others, are honestly curious about is why you think in this SPECIFIC instance that having actors of other races would affect the way people are affect by this show. Like I said, I understand what you're saying about race giving people some idea about

re: Next to Normal with an all-black cast  Aug 2 2009, 01:38:02 AM
I hate to interject, but I really can't help myself. So basically Kelly2 you're saying that although you disagree with the underlying reasons you believe that an all-black/minority version of Next to Normal wouldn't be as successful (both economically and thematically) because the majority of the theatre going audience is white and would therefore not be able to relate to the Goodman family's struggles.

Nothing to do with optimism or pessism, but I have to diagree with you on the

re: The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown @ OCPAC  Apr 25 2009, 04:22:42 PM
I too have seen this show and really enjoyed it. It still has some kinks to work through, but that's what's exciting about this process. Bravo to OCPAC for doing this! I encourage everyone in the OC area to go and see it.

Check out a blog about the show:

http://www.centerscene.blogspot.com/

re: Is Wicked a 'big' show. Because to the reviewer in Ft. Myers, it's not  Mar 18 2009, 01:00:15 PM
I think the point is that even though Wicked it full of spectacle it doesn't rely on it. If you took away all the flashy effects, I feel you would still be left with a beautiful score, some amazingly touching songs, and a book with tremendous heart. Sure the sets and the costumes add a tremendous amount to the overall effect of the show, as any good sets or costumes should, but Wicked packs enough emotion without them. I think that is the point the writer is making.
re: Wicked the Movie- Who should be in the cast  Mar 16 2009, 01:18:21 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again. I really don't want this movie to be made. I am one of the biggest Wicked fans I just don't see how they can translate this show to the screen without it falling flat. The magic is in the staging and the allure of being in the theatre. I just cringe thinking of a CGI Elphie belting defying gravity. Some shows lend themselves to film (e.g. Chicago and Hairspray). And some shows do not (Rent and The Producers). Theatre and film are completely differen
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You