News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whatdoesntkillme

Member Name: whatdoesntkillme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sara Bareilles Voice Over Credit Re: Waitress  Feb 4 2021, 11:35:15 PM

Anderson was credited as "The Voice of the Narrator," top of the cast list in the playbill. He even got a bio.

HipTix Gold Question  Jan 13 2021, 06:46:10 PM

JBroadway said: "whatdoesntkillme said: "signed, someone who got hiptix gold for the initial run of caroline and will have to get it again for the new one"

Have you called/emailed Roundabout about this? I'dthink they might be willing to help you in some way if you explain the situation. Especially if you signed up for it shortly before the shutdown, and didn't actually get to use it.

"

good idea, I'll t

HipTix Gold Question  Jan 13 2021, 02:31:41 PM

it's a year from date of purchase

signed, someone who got hiptix gold for the initial run of caroline and will have to get it again for the new one

help me remember the musical's name  Jan 4 2021, 11:56:19 PM

TheGingerBreadMan said: "“The Devil You Know” from Side Show?"

definitely this. 

The Ratatouille Musical is HAPPENING.  Dec 29 2020, 12:32:21 AM

It's pretty clear that the only reason Disney allowed this to go on was as a fundraiser. They most likely stipulated that everyone viewing it had to have donated, not wanting their IP to be adapted and reused completely willy-nilly; but the producers, wanting to keep it accessible, negotiated the minimum donation at $5. 

What Is The Cheapest Broadway Musical Ever?  Oct 15 2020, 01:59:22 PM

blaxx said: "I really don't remember if TOS got away with not paying the orchestra minimum."

It's not a matter of "got away with"--special situations have been built into the Local 802 collective bargaining agreement with the Broadway League since 1993. They most definitely were granted one, since the show transferred from off-Broadway with fewer musicians than the theater's minimum in the previous production, which is one of the qualifying

SpotCo Sues Scott Rudin  Aug 8 2020, 01:03:21 AM

jonah3500 said: "The lawsuit:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=DGjwcdE8yql8qbS_PLUS_ZNad0g==
"

Just read the full text--wow! Gives a lot of insight into the hectic way he operates his business. What a terrible, shady man.

2020 tony awards. It can still happen.  Aug 4 2020, 05:12:30 PM

The Tony Awards are truly nothing more than a big, fat advertisement for Broadway tourism. That's why the last words of the broadcast are often "go see a Broadway show!" It's also an incredibly costly production. Aside from the very real and non-negotiable issue of nominators and voters not having seen this season's productions, there is no point in investing all the money it takes into an awards show when there's nothing to advertise right now. It'

Wishful Thinking- What Role Do You Want Audra To Play?  Aug 3 2020, 02:09:49 PM

She has always said she wants to play Sweeney Todd. I agree.

Jason Robert Brown is Working on a Musical Adaptation of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!  Jul 27 2020, 01:41:56 PM

He's also (still) working on The Connector, almost 10 years since it was supposed to premiere

Broadway Musicals with a Solo Piano Orchestration  Jul 20 2020, 12:56:05 PM

yes, the practice of hiring "walkers" who don't play but pick up a check was done away with once the special situations clause was put in place. 

there's a fascinating history to the Priscilla band, which includes the union approving the special situation but then reversing its opinion after the show opened, and going so far as to picket the production outside the Palace.

Tony Award For Best Arrangments?  Jul 15 2020, 11:50:57 AM

Jordan Levinson said: "PREACH IT! And while we're on the subject, bring back Best Music Director/Conductor as well."

I love celebrating Music Directors and Conductors, I think they're definitely underappreciated. But I can't fathom how one votes for the "best." Without having been in rehearsals for a show, how would a voter know where one person in the music department's job ended and another's began, and what exactly the MD/Conductor co

Mean Girls Stage Door Being Stripped of Design  Jul 14 2020, 01:18:07 AM

Sutton Ross said: "It wasn't sarcasm at all. I doubt most of the principals will be interested and or have the time to do this show next year."

Every single actor is unemployed right now. I think any of them will take whatever chance they get to have a Broadway salary again, even if that means extending beyond original contracts. Why would they not have the time? They literally have no other commitments. They have to start from scratch auditioning again, since ev

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 8 2020, 12:09:12 PM

Let's also remember the recent petition to make the Apollo a Broadway house--they didn't want it. 

Did the creator of this petition ask Nick's wife and family before making it? I assume not. We need to honor people in a way that's consistent with their and their families' wishes.

cast cd that are coming out  Jul 6 2020, 10:59:22 PM

Thank you, Robbie. An intelligent, informed, and respectful reply is so rare around here but so appreciated.

Where to find full length plays?  Jun 29 2020, 02:03:08 PM

Check out New Play Exchange. Thousands of manuscripts for a cheap yearly membership. It's the best thing to happen to new work development.

Emptiest/Smallest Audiences at Broadway shows?  Apr 29 2020, 04:38:08 PM

Toward the end of Something Rotten!'s run they closed the balcony. Knowing this, my group bought balcony tickets on TodayTix and were moved to the front mezzanine (a great view in that theater) at discount balcony prices.

Immersive theatre post Covid  Apr 28 2020, 10:36:05 PM

If you're talking about post-covid, as the title of the thread states, what is there to worry about?

The Boys In The Band - opening soon in Chicago  Jan 27 2020, 10:08:58 PM

It's the same script but there's no fourth wall between the performers and the audience. It's staged as if you're in the apartment with them, and you can move from room to room as you desire. It's more immersive than interactive, though you do get snacks and drinks.

I saw this company's production of Southern Gothic and I found it interesting, but I imagine this immersive model gets pretty tired if they just do the same thing for every show. When I went it was a

Looking for Theatre Podcasts that are NOT about musicals  Jan 22 2020, 09:58:48 PM

The Context is a great podcast about dramaturgy

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You